DeSean Jackson released

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally Im not all that interested in him for the Bills.

Hes had a couple good years but I always have seen Jackson as a one trick pony. He's feast or famine. Some of the long ball catches he's had are incredibly lucky and his game by game stats are very inconsistant. Throw in his character issues off the field and his apparent DIVA personality and it makes it a pretty easy call. The dude demanded new contracts at least 2x just a year after signing deals.

Some NFL team is going to jump all over this, and Im sure Jackson will have his moments for them. But I'm more interested in keeping Goodwin and Woods on the field and keeping our locker room stable.

+1....boom!

My money is on Oakland. They and Cleveland still have i believe the most money left. If the coach can control him, he is a good fit for Oakland as he provides that deep threat for Schaub. I'm not sure where Pettine falls on him, but we don't need him. We're not going to spend $10,000,000 / yr on him, and we already have him in Goodwin.

We need size which is a "captain obvious comment", not more speed. I'd like to see him not land in the AFC East. Brady and him would be scary, but Belicheck won't pay his kind of money.

yea right him on the West coast hanging with crips and bloods is a great thing for his career.

My money is on Oakland. They and Cleveland still have i believe the most money left. If the coach can control him, he is a good fit for Oakland as he provides that deep threat for Schaub. I'm not sure where Pettine falls on him, but we don't need him. We're not going to spend $10,000,000 / yr on him, and we already have him in Goodwin.

We need size which is a "captain obvious comment", not more speed. I'd like to see him not land in the AFC East. Brady and him would be scary, but Belicheck won't pay his kind of money.

If Oakland picks him up does that mean no Watkins in the draft?

I always find it odd when teams say "We're willing to release the player if we do not find a trade partner." Why would any team give up pick, etc. if the team trying to part ways with the player comes out and says they'll release him anyway? Never made sense to me.

Because if the player is released he can pick the team he signs with. If he's traded he has no choice. Make sense?

I'd sign the guy if he'd come to Buffalo. I doubt he'd want to though.

Edited by cantankerous

Not the type of receiver we need. Whether you like Goodwin and Graham or not, they will be getting a ton of snaps next year. If Jackson were 6'5" then maybe but he ain't.

I agree with this but remember the year Jackson came out? Everyone was saying we can't take him, we already have Parrish and Evans. We need a guy like Hardy! Sometimes you just have to look at talent.

Off the field issues are a major concern

49ers would be a good fit.

no west coast team would be a fit. Are you kidding me?

He already hanging out with gang members as it is now. Worst thing that could happen to the young man.

You see how his house got robbed already?? wonder how that happened? any guesses??

Until a guys convicted of a major crime you can't see a reason to part ways for conduct?

In this case? He's done nothing wrong but have friends. They resigned Cooper (same position) despite his public debacle this year, they also gave Vick 100 million.

This is hypocritical at best, discriminatory at worst. They trash him on the way out the door with nothing but hearsay and accusations. Would you approve your company firing you for who your friends are if you've never been in any serious trouble? It's the NFL, not s knitting club.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/desean_jackson_issues_statement_following_his_release_from_eagles.html