Pryor wants out of Oakland - you want him?

major

I was pleasantly surprised by Pryor last season. I thought he looked really good at times.... Oakland may be one of the few teams more dysfunctional than the Bills over the last dozen years or so. I thought that would end with the passing of Al Davis, but they seem to be carrying on the tradition. Not sure how Pryor would fit into the Bills situation, but I wouldn't be upset to lose either Tuel or Lewis over him...and I like Lewis a lot. From some of the comments in this thread I am gathering a lot of people didn't really watch Pryor play last year. He is definitely a project, but he has a lot of athletic ability. I am all in on EJ Manuel, but I think Pryor may be a better athlete...definitely a more fluid runner. I will just say, I think Pryor could be a star player, if he landed in the right place...not sure if Buffalo would be the right place.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ Manuel is on track to becoming T. Pryor. Why would we wan't another guy that can't play?.

+1

We don't need another developmental project. If we were to take anyone, it needs to be a guy in his 30's who was a starter like Hassleback to help EJ, and can come in off the bench and win us a couple of games.

He's an elite athlete with potential at QB and other positions. Depending on the cost, no question he could be very interesting to develop.

Why must the Bills be the D league team of the NFL? Where is the evidence that they are any good at developing "projects"--especially at QB?

He wants out of Oakland cause he wants to start, why would he come to Buffalo to be EJs Backup?

Yeah EJ was only hurt 3 times his rookie season. He's probably done being injured. Good thing he got all of his injuries out of the way early. Don't worry about backups.

I thought Tuel showed as much as any of the other QBs. All the QBs were terrible and Tuel missed a lot of passes, but he moved the team pretty well at times and perhaps he got rid of the ball the quickest to the right guy (cept for that one time). And I thnk that was very impressive for his first start and that getting rid of the ball fast to the right guy is one of the most important qualities to have to be a successful QB (he knows what he is doing).

Perhaps his horrible inaccuracies can be traced to jitters as he clearly could not play coming into his first game for an injured Manuel.

I look forward to watching all four of our QBs this spring and summer..... I sure hope the three from last year that played look way better this summer (although Tuel was impressive over the summer quite a few times). Still they have to really improve if we are going anywhere next year.....

They are of course the biggest key to the season. Although I think there are many, many keys for us....

I felt the same. I actually think we will see tuel win the no. 2 job in camp. the experience he got last year was invaluable.

Sure, bring him in... along with Sanchez, our current 4 QBs and the 1st round pick.

Nothing wrong with having 7 QBs on the roster fighting it out. Make sure to give them all equal time with the starters for a fair competition!

EJ Manuel is on track to becoming T. Pryor. Why would we wan't another guy that can't play?.

Wow dude. Give the guy a chance before we condemn him to that fate.

Edited by mattsox

Wow dude. Give the guy a chance before we condemn him to that fate.

Nope. EJ is a bust. It's been determined. He didn't make it to the probowl last year, and he didn't lead us to the playoffs. He's a bust. Bust bust bust. TBD has spoken.

But hey, let's kick the tires! Maybe he could run the wildcat!! :death:

Whether we want to acknowledge it or not, the "run-option" QB is becoming a big part of the game... of course, ideally, you want a QB who can do it all.

Edited by Buftex

Whether we want to acknowledge it or not, the "run-option" QB is becoming a big part of the game... of course, ideally, you want a QB who can do it all.

Run option means he has the option to throw too...Pryor can't throw, so therefore there's no option on your run option offense.

Pryor can't do it all...he can only run

Edited by Alphadawg7

Yeah EJ was only hurt 3 times his rookie season. He's probably done being injured. Good thing he got all of his injuries out of the way early. Don't worry about backups.

Again, he doesn't want to go somewhere that he is going to be a backup, he wants to compete for a starting job NOW, and with EJ already here, he isn't going to get the chance for an open competition

He might as well stay in Oakland if he is willing to be a backup until Schaub gets hurt (or continues to play like he did last year)

Pryor isn't going to be handed a starting job anywhere this offseason, but there are plenty of other places he could go and sign with that will give him a better shot at starting then Buffalo