Report: Bills express interest in Kenny Britt

It says "involved with the police" so I'm guessing he's had multiple encounters with them surrounding all different issues. I don't mind the move if it's a TO type of deal for one year. I've been lobbying for a Graham release but he's cheap so it doesn't matter but put Goodwin way ahead of him on the depth chart. Goodwin if he can stay healthy will be a big part of the deep threat for next year. I think Grahams role is special teams next to goodwin on Kick return/punt return or just playing ball boy on the sidelines.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says "involved with the police" so I'm guessing he's had multiple encounters with them surrounding all different issues. I don't mind the move if it's a TO type of deal for one year. I've been lobbying for a Graham release but he's cheap so it doesn't matter but put Goodwin way ahead of him on the depth chart. Goodwin if he can stay healthy will be a big part of the deep threat for next year. I think Grahams role is special teams next to goodwin on Kick return/punt return or just playing ball boy on the sidelines.

Yea it's involved with. In that talley his arrest for a car chase or a seperate incident with a resisting arrest charge and his DUI are counted equal to the time he brought his stabbed friend to the hospital and refused to answer questions.

The latter incident being "atleast he got the guy help" but also a "after 8 other incidents in 4 years why are you still in those situations"

Edited by NoSaint

Mark my words, Stevie Johnson is not going to be on the Bills in 2014.

This interest in Kenny Britt is not a good omen for him. The very real possibility of getting Evans/Watkins at 9 would also be the clincher. You know Whaley/Marrone want to develop Woods and Goodwin.

Johnson does many things well, and could definitely help some NFL team out – I just have a feeling it won’t be Buffalo. I have to believe TJ Graham is also in danger of getting hit on the arse by the door.

#13 is really not a clutch performer. Despite having 3x1000 yards before last year, he is not worth the $$$ they now pay him. He is a team guy, but the headache factor clinches it. I don’t get the sense that Marrone wants/needs Stevie around for the future with his classic 4 catches for 60 yard outings.

Guess how many 100 yard games he has in his career? The answer might surprise you …

Right, so let me get this straight, signing Kenny Britt is going to put SJ's job in jeopardy? Is this the same Kenny Britt who hasn't had 1000 yards receiving? Is this the same Britt who hasn't caught more than 45 balls? The same Britt who has made it through a whopping 1 season without getting injured, that being his rookie one?

Your words have been marked.

Sign him to a one year deal and let him fight for a roster spot. This goes to my theory that the Bills need a few talented jerks. The Bills have a roster full of nice locker room guys with average talent.

His career high in receptions for a season is 45. So the question is, do the Bills want to bring in a jerk with average talent?

I pointed it out in another thread but what logic does it make business wise to rid SJ13? His trade value might bring a 4th - not worth it.

To cut SJ13 and take the cap hit, regardless of this year or next, is ridiculous. We take a $8.5mm cap hit if we cut him this year or next, though dead money drops from $8.5mm to $5.7 in 2015. We then take that money and invest in a replacement for him which would likely cost $4-5mm. That brings the total cost to lose him to $12-13mm.

What do we get? Maybe 20-30 more catches in a season and maybe 250-300 yards. Being that SJ13 showed real chemistry with Manuel it would be beneficial to keep SJ13 even at a diminished role. Also, we have a plethora of youth at WR we can hope to continue to develop - and yes, including Graham.

It makes no sense business wise as is obvious and now we can see it makes little to know sense to do so football wise.

Jboyst62, if that is truly the nuts and bolts of releasing him vs. keeping him, I understand your logic. But there might be a potential dance partner if a few of the coveted WRs are already off the board come draft day.

My post was more of a gut feeling in hearing that Britt is coming here for a visit. To me, they have very similar skills sets, although Britt is a bit taller. I know Stevie has done well versus Revis, but that’s really about it as far as I am concerned.

So SJ13 defenders can go ahead and mark my words … flame away, whatever. Let it be known that I was all for his re-signing. But I am here to say that I am officially off his bandwagon, and no longer warm and fuzzy about what “yeevie” truly brings to the Bills.

SJ13’s act has grown tiresome, and his 8 career 100-yard games are not exactly jaw-dropping. Couple that with all of his drops and misfires in clutch situations. But for me, the real tipping point was his lack of awareness at the end of the Falcons game. To be sure, it was a great play by the DB who stripped him, but Stevie could have/should have gone down and/or protected the ball in that situation. And afterwards, we heard the typical Stevie …“it was just one play in the game” (as if he had absolutely zero control over the turning point that it was). A similar thing happened to Chandler, and his reaction was the exact opposite. He was gutted, and took full responsibility for the fumble at that crucial moment.

We all agree that we like Woods and Goodwin thus far, so if Stevie is such a legit threat, why would we have an interest in Britt? Watkins? Evans?

I agree with you for the most part but in the case of TJ Graham, come on, I think it's pretty clear that the TJ Graham thing isn't happening. I think he'll get a crack at making the roster but I would be surprised if he is one of our 6 best WR's come August. You got your three shoe-ins and then I think Easley is a shoe-in as well given Marrone's attention to special teams. That leaves two spots. One will be occupied by the WR they take in the 1st or 2nd round and the other- I would rather see them roll the dice on a Brandon Kaufman (or perhaps Britt). Again, much like George's girlfriend tells George when he's dwelling on Bozo at Monk's, "it's over for Bozo," I think it's over for TJ Graham as well.

You make the case that there is no reason to cut TJ at this time. There is nothing gained by not letting him battle it out. If these mystery receivers can beat him then he will be cut and things will have sorted themselves out.

This chorus that targets the whipping boy of the month that have some strange intrinsic need for a player to be cut 'RIGHT NOW' is weird and seems unrelated to football or the Bills.

Edited by jeremy2020

His career high in receptions for a season is 45. So the question is, do the Bills want to bring in a jerk with average talent?

If he had more production and was less of a "jerk" (if he is), he wouldn't be available on the cheap in the 2nd week of FA for a 1-year deal. He would be given a chance to succeed, not handed the starting job.

Maybe he needs a change in scenery? Look what happened to Lynch? Granted, Lynch had more production than Britt but adding him to the team for minimal dollars is a good move. Add Ebron in the draft and then you have a nice receiving core.

Maybe he needs a change in scenery? Look what happened to Lynch? Granted, Lynch had more production than Britt but adding him to the team for minimal dollars is a good move. Add Ebron in the draft and then you have a nice receiving core.

The potential in that core is sexy... I'm all in on the Ebron wagon these days. Watching him at the combine sold me.

Edited by SmokinES3

miSyKsa.png

25, 6'3", 215#

13th pick of the 2009 Draft out of Rutgers

40: 4.56 seconds

215: 23 reps

vert: 37"

Broad: 124"

20y Shuttle: 4.47

Snitches get stitches. And, how could he be involved with the police 9 times but not cooperate? I mean, clearly, that's a misstatement, right? He has been working with them 9 times... amiright?

Yikes! why are the Bills even looking at this kid?

Jboyst62, if that is truly the nuts and bolts of releasing him vs. keeping him, I understand your logic. But there might be a potential dance partner if a few of the coveted WRs are already off the board come draft day.

My post was more of a gut feeling in hearing that Britt is coming here for a visit. To me, they have very similar skills sets, although Britt is a bit taller. I know Stevie has done well versus Revis, but that’s really about it as far as I am concerned.

So SJ13 defenders can go ahead and mark my words … flame away, whatever. Let it be known that I was all for his re-signing. But I am here to say that I am officially off his bandwagon, and no longer warm and fuzzy about what “yeevie” truly brings to the Bills.

SJ13’s act has grown tiresome, and his 8 career 100-yard games are not exactly jaw-dropping. Couple that with all of his drops and misfires in clutch situations. But for me, the real tipping point was his lack of awareness at the end of the Falcons game. To be sure, it was a great play by the DB who stripped him, but Stevie could have/should have gone down and/or protected the ball in that situation. And afterwards, we heard the typical Stevie …“it was just one play in the game” (as if he had absolutely zero control over the turning point that it was). A similar thing happened to Chandler, and his reaction was the exact opposite. He was gutted, and took full responsibility for the fumble at that crucial moment.

We all agree that we like Woods and Goodwin thus far, so if Stevie is such a legit threat, why would we have an interest in Britt? Watkins? Evans?

Stevie was hurt a lot last year, and he never did get in sync with EJ. I trust this year will be much better a year for SJ.

This has got to be (whoever signs him) Kenny Britt's last chance. If he doesn't perform on and off the field it is highly unlikely that another team would take a chance on him. Potentially,EJ will have every weapon available (draft Ebron, further help on the O-Line, etc.).

Ugh....It's only March!

Whomever signs him, it will likely be to an incentive-laden 1-year deal...if he produces, it'll be a nice boon for the team; if he doesn't, they won't have paid him the sun, moon, and stars.

Since that's the case, I kind of hope he signs here...he is one of the most talented WRs to come out of college in the past several years.

Whether they are willing to do the work and accept some of the headaches that come with rehabbing a troubled guy with immense physical talent.

Also both just shy of 6'3, da'rick was 217 at the combine and britt 218lbs, britt ran a low 4.47 and worst 4.56 and Rogers range appears 4.48 to 4.52, Brits vertical 37 Rogers 39... And so on. Physically VERY similar. Britt benched more, Rogers was better in the shuttle and broad jump. A bit right twix vs left twix here.

I understand but NFL.com has Rogers listed as 208 and Britt at 223. 15 lbs in the nfl is a huge difference.

I understand but NFL.com has Rogers listed as 208 and Britt at 223. 15 lbs in the nfl is a huge difference.

fair enough, i went with their combine and pro day weigh ins as the "official" numbers often arent that "official." the colts team website lists him as 6'3, 215.... on the nfl website they are also listed a full inch apart despite being only 3/8 of an inch different in height when the ruler comes out.

if britts added a couple pounds and rogers decided to shed a couple, so be it... but at a matching point in their careers they showed nearly the same athleticism at the same weights - its not like im projecting that rogers could put on 15 lbs and maintain all his other numbers to match britt, like we often see posters do.

Edited by NoSaint

I was actually a Hardy fan as well. I thought he was a sure fire stud. Hardy wasn't your board created superstar like Nance or Easley were. Those guys weren't even that great in college. Hardy was big, and dominated games at times in the Big Ten. Way off on that one.