Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Houston Texan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played some good football for the Titans last year. Three of his better games were against the Jags, Colts and Cards and were losses. Probably some combination of failures in the clutch that we all have witnessed in the past. He actually was more productive in the run game for them than for the Bills.

But if he plays much it's very likely he will..............

Help mask problems in O-line play.

Get the ball to his teammates and allow them to be more productive.

Play without fear to the edge of being reckless and beyond.

Take hits and stay in the game.

Come up short in the clutch about half the time.

Shoulder the blame for failures even when not his fault.

I wish him well. He has made the most of what talent he has and I'd like to see him rewarded with some measure of professional success. My opinion was that he was always offered more as a QB than as a passer.

St. Louis, Cincy, Buffalo, Tennessee and now Houston?

How does this joker keep finding work? His agent must practice black magic.

The thing is that the Bills are still paying him on the contract he signed here . Who ever allowed that to happen the way that it did should do one of two things , either be made to pay the remainder of the contract after he's let go or immediately be fired !!

The thing is that the Bills are still paying him on the contract he signed here . Who ever allowed that to happen the way that it did should do one of two things , either be made to pay the remainder of the contract after he's let go or immediately be fired !!

...or wander off into the sunset as an SEC scout handing over management decisions to Whaley.

Anybody know how much money Fitz has made the past 3-4 seasons. He's gotta be up around $20 + million. Not bad for a Harvard grad! Let's not forget we play @ Houston this year. I think he'll be backing up Blake Bortles.

I honestly always considered those two to be somewhat comparable...

They're not, in fairness to Schaub... Schaub has an arm, led the league in passing in '09, 2 pro bowls, high YPG, high QBR, not much in common at all besides a fair amount of picks.

As far as last year, anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Edited by SmokinES3

I think fitzpatrick fits. He is a good guy, but never could peice it together here (or in TEN).

Despite the poor play here in Buffalo, I will NEVER doubt bill o'briens QB development or QB scouting abilty. I guarentee you that whoever houston has under center will outplay whatever you think about them 10 times over. See: Matt McGloin. Walk-on at Penn State. Somehow became a starter under Paterno, even though he was TERRIBLE. He was the WORST QB I have ever seen (yes, even as a bills fan...). Then suddenly, one year under O'Brien, and he sets Big 10 records, and in just one year becomes an NFL starter. 3 years ago I would have told you his "peak" would have been a backup at the college level. O'Brien is to credit for that. Also Brady. Also the new QB at Penn State (Christian Hackenberg - Remember the name, he is a future 1st round pick).

The guy can flat our coach a QB. No better fit for Fitz either.

Has everyone forgotten he can't throw an accurate pass beyond 15 yards and lost so many games for us late in the game with a pic. He seems to be a nice family guy who is like able, but he lost all three games he came in last year for TN. Your supposed to as a back up at least split your games at .500. Thad played better than Fitz last year as he at least won us two games. As far O'Brien, they said the same thing about Gailey. For his family's sake, I'm glad he found work, but his best position is carrying a clip board.