Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Houston Texan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fitzpatrick fits. He is a good guy, but never could peice it together here (or in TEN).

Despite the poor play here in Buffalo, I will NEVER doubt bill o'briens QB development or QB scouting abilty. I guarentee you that whoever houston has under center will outplay whatever you think about them 10 times over. See: Matt McGloin. Walk-on at Penn State. Somehow became a starter under Paterno, even though he was TERRIBLE. He was the WORST QB I have ever seen (yes, even as a bills fan...). Then suddenly, one year under O'Brien, and he sets Big 10 records, and in just one year becomes an NFL starter. 3 years ago I would have told you his "peak" would have been a backup at the college level. O'Brien is to credit for that. Also Brady. Also the new QB at Penn State (Christian Hackenberg - Remember the name, he is a future 1st round pick).

The guy can flat our coach a QB. No better fit for Fitz either.

Fitzpatrick sucks. Give it up. Great guy, Very poor QB. Every single team that has had to rely on him as a starter for more than a couple of games has discovered this unfortunate fact. Houston will be no different. For their sake, let's hope he never has to start.

You call all bust on Fitz as much as you like but Fitz played better than any other QB that we have had in over 5 years including EJ.

joker? nice loyalty...what did he do to you? hes better than any other qb weve had the last 10+ years I ve learned that anyone who hates/rips a guy like fitz is really just a loser themselves

19 wins 34 losses with buffalo. Let's rejoice !

I think it's funny when Bills fans make fun of another team for something that it does.

The Texans sucked last year, but the year before they were 12-4, made it to the playoffs and won a wildcard game.

When was the last time the Bills even hit .500 and could consider the playoffs in December?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Good luck Fitz!

The thing is that the Bills are still paying him on the contract he signed here . Who ever allowed that to happen the way that it did should do one of two things , either be made to pay the remainder of the contract after he's let go or immediately be fired !!

Might want to include Jerry Sullivan who wrote the Bills should "pay the man."

As I've stated before this guy is just going to continue to have a nice NFL career.

Meaning, as others have stated, he is good enough to stick around, good enough to be a quality back-up and is a good locker room guy.

This is not meant to be as insulting as it sounds but he will leave no real mark on this league. However, he is probably going to play no less than 15 season (maybe more, like Kitna), and after scoring some pretty good dollars from Buffalo on his first and second contracts with the Bills he is a 2-3 million dollars a year back up (starting last year) and will likely continue to be so through the remainder of his days.

Jumpin' Jiminy, that is a successful career when you can walk away after 15 or so years with a pension and having made between 30-40 million dollars.

Good for you, Fitzy. Good for you.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I can't argue he was the best QB we have had in 10 years. However, do not confuse "best Buffalo Bills QB in the last 10 years" and "good".

His record speaks for itself. Stop looking at that with Fitz coloured glasses.

Pure backup to the QB they draft #1, and an ideal situation for Fitz, too bad he couldn't humble himself enough to remain in Buffalo at a significantly lower salary to be EJ's backup/mentor.

After the recordng of Nix's assessment of him got leaked, there was no way he could stay.

I'm glad to see more Fitz defenders than haters here. He has limited ability but makes the most of it, he's a great teammate and leader, and most of all he's the personification of the hardworking lunch-bucket type of player Bills fans like to say they like. He's like Jim Kelly without the great talent. Blaming him for the failure of an organization that keeps Littman and Overdorff employed is just frustration coming out.