Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Houston Texan

@AdamSchefter

Texans have signed quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to a two-year contract, per @Edwerderespn.

Texans sign Ryan Fitzpatrick

In a transaction that appears to make Matt Schaub more expendable, the Houston Texans have agreed on a two-year contract with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, according to a source.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fitzpatrick fits. He is a good guy, but never could peice it together here (or in TEN).

Despite the poor play here in Buffalo, I will NEVER doubt bill o'briens QB development or QB scouting abilty. I guarentee you that whoever houston has under center will outplay whatever you think about them 10 times over. See: Matt McGloin. Walk-on at Penn State. Somehow became a starter under Paterno, even though he was TERRIBLE. He was the WORST QB I have ever seen (yes, even as a bills fan...). Then suddenly, one year under O'Brien, and he sets Big 10 records, and in just one year becomes an NFL starter. 3 years ago I would have told you his "peak" would have been a backup at the college level. O'Brien is to credit for that. Also Brady. Also the new QB at Penn State (Christian Hackenberg - Remember the name, he is a future 1st round pick).

The guy can flat our coach a QB. No better fit for Fitz either.

Shaub is gone. Fitz will start next season while they groom their new #1 overall pick QB. Then Fitz moves to backup. It's a good plan but who knows how it will all play out.

Edited by vincec

Hey, maybe it'll work. Then again, maybe it won't.

I would assume this is gonna be his last shot.

I wouldn't assume that. Hes a decent backup, good locker room guy and seems to play well with others. Seems like the type of guy you might want sitting behind a rookie.

Shaub is gone. Fitz will start next season while they groom their new #1 overall pick QB. Then Fitz moves to backup. It's a good plan but who knows how it will all play out.

Mack is a great athlete, but as a QB, he has bust written all over him. Especially with Fitz mentoring him.

I seriously doubt he starts. If they pick a qb 1st overall and have him sit in favour of Ryan f'n Fitzpatrick, then I'll never make fun of the bills front office again. Ok, that's a lie, but I still can't see that happening.

Fitz-Pick-Six

Top 10 defense with legit WR's and RB's? Playoffs?

Super Bowl. It's not like he will throw interceptions all over the place.

That being said, good luck. 2nd round qb after they nab Clowney will fight Fitz for job.

Edited by Ryan L Billz