Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Houston Texan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. He throws bad picks and broke my heart as a Bills fan more than once. But every so often he'd have a monster game. Like a better Kelly Holcomb. I don't get the hate. He is a good back up who can occasionally put together a great drive.

You guys are right. The fact he was a Harvard graduate, grew a cool beard, beat the *Patriots once, allegedly ate a 72 oz steak and was relatively better than the other QB slop we have trotted out in the last decade should trump the fact he maxed out at 6 wins a season, could not stretch the field due to a weak arm (a fact opposing defenses repeatedly exploited) and every Bills' fan expected him to make a critical 4th quarter mistake, which he delivered time and time again.

1. Nice guy. 2. A**hole. 3. Winning QB. 4. Losing QB. Fitz was # 1 and 4. I could care less about anything except #3. If a QB does not prove he can win, I do not want him as QB of the Buffalo Bills. It's nothing personal.

@AdamSchefter

Texans have signed quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to a two-year contract, per @Edwerderespn.

Texans sign Ryan Fitzpatrick

Well I'll be! So they did.

Best wishes to him.

St. Louis, Cincy, Buffalo, Tennessee and now Houston?

How does this joker keep finding work? His agent must practice black magic.

Seriously?

It isn't tough to figure out. There aren't a lot of capable backups in this league, so there's a strong market for them.

It's a bad signing if Texans are planning on him being the future or the starter. It's a good signing if they are planning to draft a QB and they want a durable veteran backup, 'cuz aint many of them there and Fitz is one of the best.

Edited by Hopeful

I wasn't always happy with his performance on the field, however, he was the only QB we've had in nearly a decade good enough to be the Pat's even when they were at their best. Not banged and beaten up like they were last season, and we still couldn't beat them. Anyone who played for the Bills in that game that beat the Pats, I wish them well.

this guy has etched out a ten year career while Sanchez who has played in two conference championship games won't be touched

They're not, in fairness to Schaub... Schaub has an arm, led the league in passing in '09, 2 pro bowls, high YPG, high QBR, not much in common at all besides a fair amount of picks.

As far as last year, anyone's guess is as good as mine.

They are VERY comparable in ability, Schaub loaded all around him and on defense and the fact he couldnt win is why he's out the door, and the value for him ??? 6th round pick mr pro bowl- not well respected

This "he's a perfect backup" theme is hilarious. What you're essentially saying is he's great as long as he doesn't actually have to play.

have you played sports? you have your starters and your back ups. They are back ups for a reason in some cases they can help in short term usage but the more they play the more they are exposed. Look at baseball there are platoon guys, back up infielders etc they cant play every day- nfl has those guys too

Wow, the hate is unbelievable. Not to be a troll, but I have to say that there are some really pathetic human beings on this board.

How about some perspective -

Fitz came from a college where football is an afterthought, has half the arm of his peers, and yet somehow has managed to start 70+ NFL games over 9 seasons and get paid millions of dollars for it. Oh yeah, also his wife is smoking hot and he will retire a very wealthy man well before his 40th birthday.

He will never be NFL MVP, but he is certifiably awesome in my book.

I hope for the Texans sake he does not have to play more then one or two games at a time. Fitzy is perfect for that amount of games. Asking Fitz to carry a team is just not wise nor is it what i believe the Texans are signing him for. He is a decent stop gap.

The Bills screwed up and gave the guy the contract he did not deserve. I do not blame Fitz. We all would have taken that deal in a heart beat.

This "he's a perfect backup" theme is hilarious. What you're essentially saying is he's great as long as he doesn't actually have to play.

well, yeah. his teammates and coaches love him. fits into the locker room well. tries as hard as he can and leaves everything out there. so the guy was not blessed with the talent needed to be a hall of famer, that doesn't make him garbage. there is a spot for fitz in the league. i just think it's too bad that that spot isn't in buffalo. i wish him all the best.

Let's go, QB. Name 5 current backup QB in the NFL who are better then Fitz and defend your reasoning (record, stats etc).

I hope for the Texans sake he does not have to play more then one or two games at a time. Fitzy is perfect for that amount of games. Asking Fitz to carry a team is just not wise nor is it what i believe the Texans are signing him for. He is a decent stop gap.

The Bills screwed up and gave the guy the contract he did not deserve. I do not blame Fitz. We all would have taken that deal in a heart beat.

Yep.

well, yeah. his teammates and coaches love him. fits into the locker room well. tries as hard as he can and leaves everything out there. so the guy was not blessed with the talent needed to be a hall of famer, that doesn't make him garbage. there is a spot for fitz in the league. i just think it's too bad that that spot isn't in buffalo. i wish him all the best.

+1

They are VERY comparable in ability, Schaub loaded all around him and on defense and the fact he couldnt win is why he's out the door, and the value for him ??? 6th round pick mr pro bowl- not well respected

Thanks for the well-worded take on starters and backups. You said what I would have liked to but much better.

I do have to respectfully disagree that Schaub and Fitz are comparable. Schaub outright crapped the bed last year. No clue what the story is there. But that's the reason his current value is rock bottom. The market for 32 year old former starters coming off hideous seasons is not strong because no one else knows what the story is either, except (maybe) Schaub.

Prior to last year, between 2007-2012, Schaub rocked 6 consecutive seasons of completion percentage >61% (average 64.6%), YPA >7 (average 7.7), and a TD-INT ratio close to 2:1. Yes, he played with a good D, yes he played in a run-first O with an amazing RB, but that didn't give him the YPA, the accuracy, the completion percentage, and the judgement. Before last year, Fitz wasn't fit to hold Schaub's jock, not even close. And I speak as one who had hopes Fitz might become more Schaub-like, only to be disillusioned as Fitz regressed instead of progressing.

Edited by Hopeful