National attention

Has anybody noticed that nobody is talking about the bills free agency signings no mention of them getting better or getting in players from division rivals. I wonder why no love for the Bills.

there are 275 nfl teams to root for between Buffalo and Oregon (and there's a good one there, too, i hear) and the real questions is....what twists and turns happened in your life that make you care?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering all the players with the same last name, I suggest changing the team's name to the Buffalo Williams. And since we're going formal, the logo could be a buffalo in a top hat. THAT would get their attention.

Has anybody noticed that nobody is talking about the bills free agency signings no mention of them getting better or getting in players from division rivals. I wonder why no love for the Bills.

Bills have been very quiet and usually are.

beside the Mario signing ( Hi brandon ! ) Bills move quietly in free agency .

Spikes is the big splash this year . at 3.25 mill for one year. whoo hoo .

Dont worry about it . After Brandon gets his first hghlight hit they will talk about us . When do we play the Pats ?

We are an up and comer .

And Oregon . yes we all notice the lack of big media love. it's hurtful even sometimes

Other than spikes all our signings were greeted even by fans on this board as "good depth - I like it! Oh you mean he's a starter? Ok... I guess.... Lets go bills!"

I'm still not sure nationally what was expected. If the jags signed Chris Williams, the texans signed graham, the chargers signed rivers, and the rams signed Dixon would any bills fans want to hear about it? Outside of our obsession with the pats I'm not sure we'd really have cared about spikes signing with Arizona.... So why do some think that fans of other teams should care that we signed a nickel corner, or a 3rd running back even if they are nice fits for us.

We're a small market team, haven't been relevant for close to two decades, and there is a general perception around the league that the FO isn't serious about winning.

Every year, around this time, we see this same thread.

After mid season, no one seems to ask this question any more...

Anyway, why is it important that "the national press notices the Bills"?

Exactly. 15-20 years ago, it was a big deal, especially for those fans that did not live in the WNY area. The national press was about the only way to get Bills news.

Today, with the Internet, finding Bills related info its not that hard.

win

I have only heard about what 6 or 7 teams have been doing. Why? Because most teams did less than the Bills! There's not that much to talk about....what did the Chargers do? The Jags? The Falcons? The Titans?

Are you overwhelmed with news concerning the big FA moves of the Arizona Cardinals?

Nope... me either.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

We were getting a lot of pub until Byrd signed with the Saints.

Our signings have not been newsworthy. Depth players. A LB who hopefully will help us stop the run. A 3rd string RB/kicking teams guy.

Aside from the Patsies always getting pub, you do have to admit that them signing Revis and AND Brandon Browner AND Edelman is a little more spectacular than what we've done. As is signing DeMarcus Ware. Had we gotten Revis or Ware, we too would be getting pub as we did when we signed Mario and TO.

What exactly did we do that is so ground breaking? Last I check we were a team who missed the playoffs for a decade and a half coming off a plethora of losing seasons who signed no one of media importance.

Don't get me wrong, I like what we have done...but to the rest of the world, we are viewed as above.

I will say this team is onto something finally IMO and about to turn the corner if EJ can come through and improve this year.

Edited by Alphadawg7