National attention

I gave up on NFL Total Access two years ago. Never any Bills discussions and if it is, then it's real quick. NFL AM is repetitive and the only show that's aby good is Path to the draft (which is obviously about college players) and Playbook. Even Playbook on a couple of weeks that I remember, didn't talk about Bills at all which shocked me because they usually make their picks on every game.

Agreed on NFL tv show, but not on opening drive. You'll often hear on NFL radio discussions on the Bills. Ross Tucker is still a fan as he played there, as well as Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller in the afternoon. Mills picked EJ as the best QB last year and still thinks highly of him. ESPN would explode if they ever talked about the Bills. I hated patriot week last week as some of the players guest hosting had comments on Byrd. They of course scoffed at the Bills and stated Byrd just wanted to go to a good team.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on NFL tv show, but not on opening drive. You'll often hear on NFL radio discussions on the Bills. Ross Tucker is still a fan as he played there, as well as Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller in the afternoon. Mills picked EJ as the best QB last year and still thinks highly of him. ESPN would explode if they ever talked about the Bills. I hated patriot week last week as some of the players guest hosting had comments on Byrd. They of course scoffed at the Bills and stated Byrd just wanted to go to a good team.

I was chomping at the bit, for years, to be able to watch the NFL Network...finally, last year, my prayes were answered and Time Warner added it to their selections... I won't say it is awful, but it could be so, so much better. I still flip to it each time I turn on the tv to make sure I am not missing something, but it is rare that I keep it there longer than a minute or two.

Why not have regularly scheduled "classic games", the same time every week? At least durig the off-season. And, I don't just mean every freaking Brady/Mannig matchup... show us other great games.... the 3 hour versions, not the NFL films condensed. What, are they afraid that would cut down on the number of times they can show the "Top 10 Greatest 1 Yard Runs In NFL History"? I was thrilled to see, today, they are showing Super Bowl 13, between the Steelrs and Cowboys, from 1979. I would much rather see an old early 80's Cleveland Browns "cardiac kids" replay, but they have to force feed us the same teams, over and over...just glad it is an older game...

I would love to see some actual game broadcasts from the 70's and 80's and early 90's. To watch the channel, you would think the NFL was born when Tom Brady made his first NFL start. I know Steve Sabol made some comments that the NFL, as it is now, doesn't want to celebrate its' past as much as, say, baseball, because they always want to present an image of "going forward" and being "cutting edge". But hell man, that attitude is already turning a lot of people off from the game. Maybe it is an age thing, but there are a lot of us 45 and older fans too...we grew up on this stuff, not all of us are making the transition to soccer. Sorry...I realize, I am hijacking this thread....off on a tangent...

Edited by Buftex