RB Anthony Dixon visiting Buffalo--edit--Signed!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love this, if this is part of the "Special Teams Corp" that they talked about building. It does seem like an interesting idea to build your position depth based on their skill at special teams.

We did it a lot when April was around. Good special teams but poor depth when we needed contributors at their position due to injury.

It's an interesting line to toe.... There's a balance to be had and hopefully we won't go to far the opposite way

Wow...I didn't expect to actually see it happen, but Dixon was on my list as an ideal pickup for the #3 RB role.

This would be a very good signing.

I’m thinking he might be in comp with Summers for that starting FB gig. He did plays some FB in Frisco too.

We did it a lot when April was around. Good special teams but poor depth when we needed contributors at their position due to injury.

It's an interesting line to toe.... There's a balance to be had and hopefully we won't go to far the opposite way

I will say this: last year was a case study of what happens when you ignore special teams. Our return game was subpar and we gave up quite a bit on our returns. We were penalized constantly.While we didn't have the other pieces to capitalize on it, I can't deny that April set up one of the better special teams units I've seen, and it is a tragedy that it has withered on the vine since.

I will say this: last year was a case study of what happens when you ignore special teams. Our return game was subpar and we gave up quite a bit on our returns. We were penalized constantly.While we didn't have the other pieces to capitalize on it, I can't deny that April set up one of the better special teams units I've seen, and it is a tragedy that it has withered on the vine since.

One of things that irrittated the hell out of me when Jauron was here was the wasted space on the rooster taken up by STs while depth at important positions was so short. yes we had a good sT unit and coach but we also had problems on both sides of the ball when injuries hit a little. I sort of blame Marv for the whole thing.

How about James Starks? Super Bowl champ who can run, receive and pass protect. Another home-towner with nice size and speed.

Buck is terrible in pass pro. That's why he couldn't often keep his spot in the lineup/John Kuhn was used so much on 3rd downs.

STer for this year, Fred Jackson's replacement next year. Next a bad plan if it works.

I like it. ST players and RB on short yardage. Also allows the Bills to bring in someone like Williams (from BC) or a similar battering type RB later in the draft, or UDFA.

I’m thinking he might be in comp with Summers for that starting FB gig. He did plays some FB in Frisco too.

I think Summers would stay at FB and Dixon would be the 3rd RB...Marrone wants a big back to complement CJ and Freddie...Not to say Dixon won't get snaps at FB every now and again...