Chris Williams signed

18 hours, 2 re-signings, 1 new starter. Bring on the unwarranted sarcasm and FO bashing!

Is it too much to ask that we wait and see what happens for at least a full day, or--gasp!--even a week or two before we have our collective "we suck another year of no playoffs I hate my life" meltdown?

you forgot to mention that we let Byrd go for nothing. I wouldn't be so frustrated if we kept Byrd

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 Aaron Williams S 23 6-0 199 4 Texas

27 Duke Williams S 23 5-11 201 2 Nevada

95 Kyle Williams DL 30 6-1 303 9 LSU

94 Mario Williams DL 29 6-6 292 9 North Carolina State

-- Nathan Williams LB 24 6-3 249 R Ohio State

-- Chris Williams OG

team with the most Williams ?

Guess we'll be changing the team's name to the "Wills"...

if anything i think it could point to the earlier rumor that they may simply go bpa between lg and rt at some point and put williams at the remaining position.

I hope not. Pears is a better RT than Williams's if that was the case id rather just keep pears and sign a guard that can play, as opposed to one that pretty much sucks

Drinking the kool-aid on a stop-gap LG who will probably start for a year or two is a hellava better plan than freaking out over a stop gap player who will likely start for a year or two.

Legursky and Brown sucked. Our GM and his scouts think he will be a better option. Doug Marrone is good with OL. It is very likely this pick has Marrone's consent. Again, he costs 3.5 mil per season. What am I missing?

Marrone is good with OL.........except for when it came to Brown and Legursky. Why do people keep arguing that Marrone can turn a pile of crap into gold when it's shown that so far, he can't.

Williams is what he is. Just like Brown and Legursky are what they are. We overpaid for a scrub. There's really no other way to slice it.

you forgot to mention that we let Byrd go for nothing. I wouldn't be so frustrated if we kept Byrd

That one gets me too--wish they would've tagged him man.

I mean, I get that they made him a solid offer, and that they didn't want him to e a malcontent; I just would rather see him play another year here than leave now.

Marrone is good with OL.........except for when it came to Brown and Legursky. Why do people keep arguing that Marrone can turn a pile of crap into gold when it's shown that so far, he can't.

Williams is what he is. Just like Brown and Legursky are what they are. We overpaid for a scrub. There's really no other way to slice it.

True. Never said he could. I'll put that one on the front office because they were both atrocious.

I saw that--the one from Rotoworld.

I won't claim that Williams is a road-grader or anything; just that I think he's a decent starter that can be a bridge until a younger guy like 'Unga or a draft pick can take over.

A lesser version of Eric pears at LG. He'll start. He'll get low grades with his play. He'll get paid 3.5 mill a year. We will pray he's replaced by next year.

He will be surrounded by Cordy Glenn and Eric Wood. IMO and I'm no oline expert, but I think that's an upgrade for him over St. Louis (Long has struggled with injures and Scott Wells is getting old).

I agree with you 100% on this point. The proverbial "meat" on the left side of the line will be big. Should greatly enhance the ability to move the pile and not be all on Williams to perform.

This deal is fine. He starts this year. Bills draft a G in the 4th and bring him along to start next year. Williams sticks 1 more season as the swing backup and that's all. In the meantime we hope he is better than last years clowns and opens some holes for CJ.

23 Aaron Williams S 23 6-0 199 4 Texas

27 Duke Williams S 23 5-11 201 2 Nevada

95 Kyle Williams DL 30 6-1 303 9 LSU

94 Mario Williams DL 29 6-6 292 9 North Carolina State

-- Nathan Williams LB 24 6-3 249 R Ohio State

-- Chris Williams OG

team with the most Williams ?

That's what I'm thinking. Must be synergy between bills and Williams

Didn't every team who could have tagged their FAs but didn't let them go for nothing? Why is this such a big thing? It is FA. Players leave. They offered him a long-term deal, he got a better one, he left. Like all the other FAs yesterday. Edited by YoloinOhio

Didn't every team who could have tagged their FAs but didn't let them go for nothing? Why is this such a big thing? It is FA. Players leave. They offered him a long-term deal, he got a better one, he left. Like all the other FAs yesterday.

this---^

People act like were tue only team losing players. I can't even imagine what Cowboys and Bears fans are thinking at this point.

Edited by mrags

Didn't every team who could have tagged their FAs but didn't let them go for nothing? Why is this such a big thing? It is FA. Players leave. They offered him a long-term deal, he got a better one, he left. Like all the other FAs yesterday.

when a team that wants to win has a top player that is a free agent- they franchise them. IE-Jimmy Graham, Brian Orakpo If you are complacent and just fine about your 6-10 team, you let your best players walk for nothing

I have a different slice. This guy was drafted 14th overall as a projected left tackle. Grabbing a guy that was talented enough to start at LT and sticking him at left guard is fine by me. Reminds me of the Lawson signing.

thats not depth/swing backup money.

we have our starting LG for a few years at about 3.5m per

Starter for sure. To me the 5.5 guaranteed sounds like about 2.75 m a year for two years and if he is any good we can keep him for 4m a year in the last two, which wouldn't be bad. The idea that he can play tackle in a pinch on game day is surely a plus.

But this will be a true test of Whaley as a GM and talent evaluator as well as Marrone as one, as an ex OL coach and our own OL coach. He has size and talent but has been a virtual total bust so far, and they are signing him to start. They better know what they are doing with this guy and what they see in him. It doesn't look pretty now.