Chris Williams signed

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except seattle you know won a superbowl and stuff, the Bills dont even get invited to the party...

Seattle's Superbowl "formula" was to have a good defense (great), and get lucky with drafting a QB.

They have the luxury right now have being A) a winner, B) lots of their young talent on rookie contracts and C) players willing to take a slight discount to stay.

Oh yeah, the got lucky drafting a great QB.

Yup, Lawson was considered an underachiever. So was that Jerry Hughes guy? Who did they work out? I said it multiple times but this is what the 49ers do. Get former high picks and see what they get. We don't have to invest high picks or mega bucks and we get to see if they can get the talent out that allowed them to be high picks in the 1st place.

I wanted them to get Jonathan Martin in here. You won't bat 100% but IMO, they are good gambles.

i am also reminded of alan branch and that turned out. while i am hesitant, it seems like a decent journeyman vet signing. i'm not going to say he's amazing, but it gives us time to develop a later round pick with some promise.

already informed everyone of that. Thanks

his name is dopey . You didnt notice that ?

And he is one of us so..

be nice.

In regard to the signing, if the Bills see something in him i am fine with that. Seems to be a starter and is can be moved. We really need that with Hairston being a question.

He has lots of NFL exp. The rams line allowed very few sacks. we need that.

And as mentioned he will be enjoying an upgrade being on the Bills line. A surrounding cast makes a difference.

He might become a very solid fit.

Im giving him a vote of confidence just because there is no way in hell, Marrone allows his LG to perform as last years effort. He has egg on his face and he and Whaley know it. Fans kinda took offense too :sick:

Patience people .

Polians draft tracker didnt show more than 1 guy that was higher rated... Everyone was yelling that we needed a guard and this guy was a top AVAILABLE guy... What do you want!!!

its simply not a trustworthy rating system, which ive mentioned in a few threads. if you want to bypass every other ranking out there and only look at it though, youll wonder why theres any fuss over byrd walking and think we just hit a grand slam despite the guy being a first rounder already hitting his third team and being described as shakey by his local press last year and rated lowest on his line by PFF.

this board has REALLY latched onto polians tracker though.

i am also reminded of alan branch and that turned out. while i am hesitant, it seems like a decent journeyman vet signing. i'm not going to say he's amazing, but it gives us time to develop a later round pick with some promise.

Yup. And I don't think one person has said it was an amazing signing. But the majority who are supporting it (which you would think all Bills fan would) is to give it a chance. Whaley had a really good offseason last year (Hughes, Kiko, Woods, Branch, etc.) He hasn't been the GM for the last 14 years. Only the last 1.

Yup, Lawson was considered an underachiever. So was that Jerry Hughes guy? Who did they work out? I said it multiple times but this is what the 49ers do. Get former high picks and see what they get. We don't have to invest high picks or mega bucks and we get to see if they can get the talent out that allowed them to be high picks in the 1st place.

I wanted them to get Jonathan Martin in here. You won't bat 100% but IMO, they are good gambles.

I am okay with your perception of method from the Bills .

They did coach up some players last year and then they failed with some others . I do agree its not unsmart to give these guys an opportunity to "fit " and reach for their respective potential .

Martin??

its simply not a trustworthy rating system, which ive mentioned in a few threads. if you want to bypass every other ranking out there and only look at it though, youll wonder why theres any fuss over byrd walking and think we just hit a grand slam despite the guy being a first rounder already hitting his third team and being described as shakey by his local press last year and rated lowest on his line by PFF.

this board has REALLY latched onto polians tracker though.

Well, Polian is one of the greatest GMs ever. Should we go by St. Louis' Tim Graham or Polian? And as someone who thinks Polian is slightly overrated, he was absolutely great at spotting offensive line talent. In fact, that might be the thing he did best.

I am okay with your perception of method from the Bills .

They did coach up some players last year and then they failed with some others . I do agree its not unsmart to give these guys an opportunity to "fit " and reach for their respective potential .

Martin??

The guy who was bullied from the Fins. He was a 2nd round pick 2 years ago. But one of the best teams, the 49ers, traded for him already.

Doug got chunky

The life of a NFL coach sounds awful for your health. You work insane offers, eat terrible food, sleep in your office, and get grilled by geeks like Tim Graham and Jerry Sullivan.

Well, Polian is one of the greatest GMs ever. Should we go by St. Louis' Tim Graham or Polian? And as someone who thinks Polian is slightly overrated, he was absolutely great at spotting offensive line talent. In fact, that might be the thing he did best.

The guy who was bullied from the Fins. He was a 2nd round pick 2 years ago. But one of the best teams, the 49ers, traded for him already.

The life of a NFL coach sounds awful for your health. You work insane offers, eat terrible food, sleep in your office, and get grilled by geeks like Tim Graham and Jerry Sullivan.

Contrast Marrone with Whaley, who is a monster. I've seen him in person; looks like he could step on the field and play SS.

Seriously, the guy's in really good shape.

Yup. And I don't think one person has said it was an amazing signing. But the majority who are supporting it (which you would think all Bills fan would) is to give it a chance. Whaley had a really good offseason last year (Hughes, Kiko, Woods, Branch, etc.) He hasn't been the GM for the last 14 years. Only the last 1.

Overall, Whaley did have a very good first year. I like him a lot. The one place he struck out was at LG but you cannot fix everything in one year. His draft was terrific, albeit with EJ being an unknown still. The trade for Hughes was great. His FA signing were pretty solid with Lawson, Branch, and UDFA Robey, as well as the Leodis extension. That's a nice first year. He needs to do it again but he seems to be starting on shakier ground.

Okay guys, enough.

Some of you have made yourselves quite clear in that the only reason you're posting is to crap on this move and everything the team does...you've made your point, now please move on and let the rest of us that want to have an actual discussion about Chris Williams, the deal, the LG position, etc. do so.

There are times when you seem coherent and then others when you just say something utterly ridiculous.....like demanding that people not make a negative comment about the signing of a player who has been considered a career disappointment.

Let the "discussion" fall where it may. If you have a point, make it.

I saw that and will be paying attention to him. As quite a few of us will i bet .

I know who you meant i just would not compare him to ... well ..anyone except richie. just too freaky for me to consider as a Bill.

Glad they got Williams. Not splashy or aggressive but they are doing something at least

Edited by 3rdand12