Chris Williams signed

when a team that wants to win has a top player that is a free agent- they franchise them. IE-Jimmy Graham, Brian Orakpo If you are complacent and just fine about your 6-10 team, you let your best players walk for nothing

You're not a doom and gloomer and I respect you as a poster. I wanted Byrd back too. But should a 6-10 team be paying a S $9 million? And the reason for Seattle's success is they don't have to pay guys like earl Thomas, Sherman, and Wilson yet. They will eventually be letting some really good players go for nothing. It sucks but that's the NFL. It is very hard to trade.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when a team that wants to win has a top player that is a free agent- they franchise them. IE-Jimmy Graham, Brian Orakpo If you are complacent and just fine about your 6-10 team, you let your best players walk for nothing

Every team that lost a good FA yesterday is complacent?

You're not a doom and gloomer and I respect you as a poster. I wanted Byrd back too. But should a 6-10 team be paying a S $9 million? And the reason for Seattle's success is they don't have to pay guys like earl Thomas, Sherman, and Wilson yet. They will eventually be letting some really good players go for nothing. It sucks but that's the NFL. It is very hard to trade.

Except seattle you know won a superbowl and stuff, the Bills dont even get invited to the party...

Edited by CountDorkula

I have a different slice. This guy was drafted 14th overall as a projected left tackle. Grabbing a guy that was talented enough to start at LT and sticking him at left guard is fine by me. Reminds me of the Lawson signing.

Yup, Lawson was considered an underachiever. So was that Jerry Hughes guy? Who did they work out? I said it multiple times but this is what the 49ers do. Get former high picks and see what they get. We don't have to invest high picks or mega bucks and we get to see if they can get the talent out that allowed them to be high picks in the 1st place.

I wanted them to get Jonathan Martin in here. You won't bat 100% but IMO, they are good gambles.

Yup, Lawson was considered an underachiever. So was that Jerry Hughes guy? Who did they work out? I said it multiple times but this is what the 49ers do. Get former high picks and see what they get. We don't have to invest high picks or mega bucks and we get to see if they can get the talent out that allowed them to be high picks in the 1st place.

I wanted them to get Jonathan Martin in here. You won't bat 100% but IMO, they are good gambles.

The Bills business model "Sign crap, maybe they get good"

I cant see a flaw here at all.

I see what you are saying but this is significantly different than jerry Hughes. Hughes wasn't really playing the position he was drafted for, played for two years without being a full time starter, and then when put in the position he excels in, just rushing the passer on the outside, he did well and put up decent numbers in a short stint in his third year. Williams has played six years, and while missing time with an injury, just hasn't been good for two teams.

This will be a good test case for Whaley and Marrone.

Except seattle you know won a superbowl and stuff, the Bills dont even get invited to the party...

Seattle was 7-9 in Carroll's first season. The bills went 6-10 in Marrone's first year. I know patience is dead but let's give DM more time before we say he is a failure.

Seattle was 7-9 in Carroll's first season. The bills went 6-10 in Marrone's first year. I know patience is dead but let's give DM more time before we say he is a failure.

Who said that? The Bills orgaznization has been a failure regardless of coach the last 15 years.

Okay guys, enough.

Some of you have made yourselves quite clear in that the only reason you're posting is to crap on this move and everything the team does...you've made your point, now please move on and let the rest of us that want to have an actual discussion about Chris Williams, the deal, the LG position, etc. do so.

I see what you are saying but this is significantly different than jerry Hughes. Hughes wasn't really playing the position he was drafted for, played for two years without being a full time starter, and then when put in the position he excels in, just rushing the passer on the outside, he did well and put up decent numbers in a short stint in his third year. Williams has played six years, and while missing time with an injury, just hasn't been good for two teams.

This will be a good test case for Whaley and Marrone.

Overall agreed, but I just meant overall taking once highly thought of players and seeing if you can coach them up better. Harbaugh thinks he can make any player better and he is right. Let's hope that Marrone and company can do the same.

Every team that lost a good FA yesterday is complacent?

Cleveland wasn't and they lost TJ Ward. Seattle nipped it in bud and signed Michael Bennet. There were not that many stellar free agents. And the top ones Mack, Orakpo, Graham- never hit the market

Who said that? The Bills orgaznization has been a failure regardless of coach the last 15 years.

That's the problem. Marrone hasn't been for 15 years. Neither has Manuel, Kiko, Woods, Glenn, this year's draft class, and most of the organization. Putting the Bills' failings on them is just wrong.

Okay guys, enough.

Some of you have made yourselves quite clear in that the only reason you're posting is to crap on this move and everything the team does...you've made your point, now please move on and let the rest of us that want to have an actual discussion about Chris Williams, the deal, the LG position, etc. do so.

Well said. I don't pay attention to guards haha. I just know that he is surrounded by borderline pro bowlers and that should help.

there has been such a run on offensive lineman that perhaps it was fair value for Williams. Rams are hurting now- they lose Williams, and Saffold and others are already off the market. Oline free agents got signed in bunches more then any other position. That leads me to beleive that we must draft a tackle in first two rounds, the sooner the better

Edited by Pete