Chris Williams signed

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Rams games right now, the run game will improve, he struggles with speed and second moves in pass pro.

I presume he is playing guard in games you watched.

Question: Chris Brown wrote that he played well against SF. Your thoughts?

Okay guys, enough.

Some of you have made yourselves quite clear in that the only reason you're posting is to crap on this move and everything the team does...you've made your point, now please move on and let the rest of us that want to have an actual discussion about Chris Williams, the deal, the LG position, etc. do so.

Seriously, I respectfully urge you to calm down.

You want to talk about the signing? Kirwin and Miller were asked about it today. Kirwin said that he has not shown anything since as far back as the Senior Bowl. Miller was a bit more kind. He said that he played poorly at Guard and had big problems at LT, but he had some success at RT.

I have not read the entire thread, but according to these announcers he is a swing tackle more than he is a guard. I have not seen enough of him to form or present an opinion. If he is a decent swing tackle, the price is right. If not and they think he is a guard, it will be attempt #3 to plug the hole that the front office created when they let Levitre walk.

What is important to me is that they address the OL in the draft, in spite of this new addition which appears to be not such a big deal.

I presume he is playing guard in games you watched.

Question: Chris Brown wrote that he played well against SF. Your thoughts?

I'm watching the first two games of the year (ARI & ATL) and he's exclusively playing LG, he moves people in the running game, Not the most agile pulling though, but we didn't pulled the guards much last year.

did well against Dan Williams but struggled with Calais Campbell in pass pro.

Seriously, I respectfully urge you to calm down.

You want to talk about the signing? Kirwin and Miller were asked about it today. Kirwin said that he has not shown anything since as far back as the Senior Bowl. Miller was a bit more kind. He said that he played poorly at Guard and had big problems at LT, but he had some success at RT.

I have not read the entire thread, but according to these announcers he is a swing tackle more than he is a guard. I have not seen enough of him to form or present an opinion. If he is a decent swing tackle, the price is right. If not and they think he is a guard, it will be attempt #3 to plug the hole that the front office created when they let Levitre walk.

What is important to me is that they address the OL in the draft, in spite of this new addition which appears to be not such a big deal.

And Polian feels he is a quality starter and didn't have any UFA Guards ahead of him - and had him ranked, quality wise, in the same group as OTs Jared Veldheer and Branden Albert. So, I guess everyone has an opinion. Let's just wait and see how he actually performs for the Bills.

And Polian feels he is a quality starter and didn't have any UFA Guards ahead of him - and had him ranked, quality wise, in the same group as OTs Jared Veldheer and Branden Albert. So, I guess everyone has an opinion. Let's just wait and see how he actually performs for the Bills.

In addition to my earlier complaints about it....

He also had charles brown in that same group and wrote that he kept brees upright despite the saints benching him down the stretch. He's getting beat up all over the place on his board.

I'm admittedly grasping here. I see he had that bad PFF rating and all and I find that stuff fascinating... However. He did have to play 6 games against the brutal D lines of the NFC west

Man this glass is hard to fill halfway!

The good thing about it is that he has had all offseason to learn from it and excercise to be better in this year. Same with Legursky, hopefully either one of them will step it up this year. My money is on Williams beating out Legursky though.