Whaley confirms Kiko is moving to OLB

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the idea of moving Kiko to the outside. As the season wore on, his incredible instincts worked against him while playing in the middle. The best example of this was the long TD run down in Tampa, where he over-pursued & did not work inside-out to make the play that was there for him. As an OLB, he will be able to use that quickness and speed to more of an advantage in hunting things down, and he can get to the flats easier (in coverage or otherwise).

And let’s be honest, it’ll be less wear and tear not having to take on guards and fullbacks all day. Kiko already sounds like he’s taken a few blows to the head … the less, the better.

Also, I’ll do a cartwheel if we sign Spikes for the middle.

Whaley said that Lawson will basically be an edge rusher hybrid style player that will bring a lot of versatility to the defense.. So to me, basically, Lawson and Hughes are the DE opposite Mario as it stands.. I like the rotation of Lawson and Hughes! With Branch in the rotation at DT and the good play from Charles late in the season, I think the DT position is totally set and the team is really only one DE away from having a nice deep group.. Look for the Bills to add a more traditional sized DE to get in the mix.. Like a 270-280 lb guy to back up Mario.. Carrington would do

same ole pat answers.....disappointing.

Q: how are the bills on cap space ?

Non-Answer: "slim" , "won't phohibit us"

Q: did you visit Clemson or texas A&M ?

non-answer : "went to 38 schools, too many to mention"

one interesting exchange where jaremy or someone figured out doug was at a game where TE Eric Ebron had a big game.

same ole pat answers.....disappointing.

Q: how are the bills on cap space ?

Non-Answer: "slim" , "won't phohibit us"

Q: did you visit Clemson or texas A&M ?

non-answer : "went to 38 schools, too many to mention"

one interesting exchange where jaremy or someone figured out doug was at a game where TE Eric Ebron had a big game.

GMs aren't going to give away any secrets during FA/pre-draft.

I love the idea of moving Kiko to the outside. As the season wore on, his incredible instincts worked against him while playing in the middle. The best example of this was the long TD run down in Tampa, where he over-pursued & did not work inside-out to make the play that was there for him. As an OLB, he will be able to use that quickness and speed to more of an advantage in hunting things down, and he can get to the flats easier (in coverage or otherwise).

And let’s be honest, it’ll be less wear and tear not having to take on guards and fullbacks all day. Kiko already sounds like he’s taken a few blows to the head … the less, the better.

Also, I’ll do a cartwheel if we sign Spikes for the middle.

I agree with you here on Kiko. The best player example would be DeAndre Levy who was with Schwartz for a few seasons, or Lavonte David from TB. No point of having your MLB take most of the hits if he is your most athletic backer.

The only thing I disagree about is Spikes. WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT THIS GUY? He is epitome of SCUM. He poked eyes at UF, grapped players in not nice areas and he runs over a 5.0. There is a reason NE will not resign him. We do not want this guy representing our team. We need to find a MLB that can run if the opposition decides to throw it on first or second down. I will be really pissed if we do sign this guy.

Whaley said that Lawson will basically be an edge rusher hybrid style player that will bring a lot of versatility to the defense.. So to me, basically, Lawson and Hughes are the DE opposite Mario as it stands.. I like the rotation of Lawson and Hughes! With Branch in the rotation at DT and the good play from Charles late in the season, I think the DT position is totally set and the team is really only one DE away from having a nice deep group.. Look for the Bills to add a more traditional sized DE to get in the mix.. Like a 270-280 lb guy to back up Mario.. Carrington would do

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/8/6/2348325/covering-up-the-bengals-pass-rush-manny-lawson-scouting-report

Still, you can dig up internet opinion pieces that cover the entire gamut on Manny Lawson. He's an edge-rusher with zero coverage ability to a guy that really knows how to shut-down today's TEs, can play the run, and is a below-average pass rusher. The consensus is there is no consensus, sort of deal. Most likely he's just a solid, all-around Sam and there are not enough "ooh and aah" highlights in any one particular dimension to pass off too many hyperbolic claims.

He mentioned it will be Kiko and Rivers on the outside, and mentioned Ty Powell as someone who may play inside and that they are looking at some guys in FA. he didn't say it (obviously) but I would expect them to draft a MLB relatively high and that may or may not depend on who they sign.

Ty Powell went to Harding, is that an SEC school? :lol:

Edited by QCity