Whaley confirms Kiko is moving to OLB

I agree with you here on Kiko. The best player example would be DeAndre Levy who was with Schwartz for a few seasons, or Lavonte David from TB. No point of having your MLB take most of the hits if he is your most athletic backer.

The only thing I disagree about is Spikes. WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT THIS GUY? He is epitome of SCUM. He poked eyes at UF, grapped players in not nice areas and he runs over a 5.0. There is a reason NE will not resign him. We do not want this guy representing our team. We need to find a MLB that can run if the opposition decides to throw it on first or second down. I will be really pissed if we do sign this guy.

But he wouldn't be poking our players' eyes, he also has a beautiful dislike for the patriots right now.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you here on Kiko. The best player example would be DeAndre Levy who was with Schwartz for a few seasons, or Lavonte David from TB. No point of having your MLB take most of the hits if he is your most athletic backer.

The only thing I disagree about is Spikes. WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT THIS GUY? He is epitome of SCUM. He poked eyes at UF, grapped players in not nice areas and he runs over a 5.0. There is a reason NE will not resign him. We do not want this guy representing our team. We need to find a MLB that can run if the opposition decides to throw it on first or second down. I will be really pissed if we do sign this guy.

Great post. Spikes is a big name. A lot of LBs would look good playing behind Wilfork. A good Qb would audible to a pass every time Spikes is on the field. He's a dirtbag (big difference between being aggressive and a flat out d bag). Wilfork is steroids for LBs. This is also what should be kept in mind when evaluating LBs from Alabama.

OK, you have talked me out of Spikes a little, especially considering that he would command a decently large contract as well.

his topped out in his 4th year of 4 year deal with Pats at 630K.. 320K+ 450K + 540K + 630K + 1M (almost) signing bonus spread out over the 4 years

he's limited in where he can be used, but he excels in that role and should be open to taking a respectful offer to assume it

his topped out in his 4th year of 4 year deal with Pats at 630K.. 320K+ 450K + 540K + 630K + 1M (almost) signing bonus spread out over the 4 years

he's limited in where he can be used, but he excels in that role and should be open to taking a respectful offer to assume it

im not sure what his rookie mid round contract has to do with his pay rate next year? or maybe im not getting what you are saying?

I heard he will be in the 5 mill/yr range based on what other FA LBs got

CJ MOSLEY is the answer at middle linebacker. The team drafted Woods and Goodwin last year and Graham before that. WR is not a need. MLB is and CJ is a real good one and pairing him with Kiko behind the Williams brothers and Dareus would be awesome. The Bills need to address the Offensive line and defense before they draft WR again.

Edited by bisonbrigade

CJ MOSLEY is the answer at middle linebacker. The team drafted Woods and Goodwin last year and Graham before that. WR is not a need. MLB is and CJ is a real good one and pairing him with Kiko behind the Williams brothers and Dareus would be awesome. The Bills need to address the Offensive line and defense before they draft WR again.

As I mentioned early, beware of Bama LBs. They play behind NFL type defensive lines and are allowed to run free. Not saying he can't be good but you can look like a stud when you don't have to take on blockers.

CJ Mosley

STRENGTHS: Mosley does a nice job using his length and lower body fluidity to keep himself clean through a crowd and finishes at the ball, wrapping and driving through his target. He is very smart and keeps his eyes on the ball to track and attack and rarely makes mental mistakes, which is a result of his high football IQ and preparation skills.

WEAKNESSES: Isn't always fundamentally consistent as a tackler, at times opting to throw himself at his target or drop his head on contact. Missed time in 2011 with a dislocated elbow.

COMPARES TO: Lavonte David, LB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Like David, Mosley's combination of toughness, elite instincts and superb athleticism offer the versatility of lining up inside or out, and have enabled him to be one of the nation's top all-around linebackers.

Scuttlebutt via twitter indicates that some UB med students have revealed that Spikes is in town for a physical … could just be the like the guy who saw George Seifert at the airport. But if this is true, it would be a case of Whaley creating some buzz on WGR, and then hitting us with a signing like this a few hours later. If so, Russ Brandon is truly a master puppeteer.

Anyway, I like having mean guys playing linebacker for us. Kiko is not a nice guy on the field either. I will say the same about Lawson. Also, Schwartz likes coaching up mean guys who may be missing a wingnut or two.

im not sure what his rookie mid round contract has to do with his pay rate next year? or maybe im not getting what you are saying?

I'm thinking that his limitations as a veteran player will hamper his negotiations with most teams who'll be looking for him as they would a situational pass-rushing OLB..

Scuttlebutt via twitter indicates that some UB med students have revealed that Spikes is in town for a physical … could just be the like the guy who saw George Seifert at the airport. But if this is true, it would be a case of Whaley creating some buzz on WGR, and then hitting us with a signing like this a few hours later. If so, Russ Brandon is truly a master puppeteer.

Anyway, I like having mean guys playing linebacker for us. Kiko is not a nice guy on the field either. I will say the same about Lawson. Also, Schwartz likes coaching up mean guys who may be missing a wingnut or two.

Difference between mean and a scumbag. Cheap shot someone who isn't looking isn't tough. It's dirty. Good point about Schwartz though. He likes scumbags. Hopefully, he keeps them in line better than he did in Detroit. They led the league in stupid personal foul penalties.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I would much prefer they go after Shane Skov in the third round. He is 6-2 250, Mosley smallish and injury prone.

Who is on Tempo watch??