Whaley confirms Kiko is moving to OLB

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He mentioned it will be Kiko and Rivers on the outside, and mentioned Ty Powell as someone who may play inside and that they are looking at some guys in FA. he didn't say it (obviously) but I would expect them to draft a MLB relatively high and that may or may not depend on who they sign.

Also said he had "MLB'S on campus right now"

I wonder if that includes Spikes. Seemingly he hasn't been rumored anywhere yet, has he?

He mentioned it will be Kiko and Rivers on the outside, and mentioned Ty Powell as someone who may play inside and that they are looking at some guys in FA. he didn't say it (obviously) but I would expect them to draft a MLB relatively high and that may or may not depend on who they sign.

I wonder if that includes Spikes. Seemingly he hasn't been rumored anywhere yet, has he?

Im trying to research the possible MLB's it could be. There are not many left.

Spikes takes a lot of heat for only playing 1st and 2nd downs but he also plays 3rd/4th and shorts, goalines.

Edited by eme123

Im trying to research the possible MLB's it could be. There are not many left.

i wouldnt look to big names, but guys that have played in packages - theres a good chance its not someone youd think of when looking at the list.

if kiko and rivers are playing OLB where does that leave Lawson?

Lawson to Jack. It might be the best option. He is not awful in the run and inside .. crap. I don't know. This is something I have to process a little more. My quick hits:

Rivers as Sam for 2downs or slide to Mike

Kiko to Will 2downs

Lawson to Jack 2downs or in packages.

If Spikes is the target then he becomes the Mike. Lawson enters on 3rd down with Robey/Graham and we run a dime.

Ideally this would work best with Wilfork.

Dareus/Wilfork DT for 2 downs

Dareus/KWilliams for the 3rd

Change up all paces, rotate those DT's.

We need help and a big butt defensive tackle to shore the run. Spikes or any MLB will continue to get eaten alive until we have a gap eating space filling DT. This flood the gap rush the space doesn't do anything to help our LB's.

A lot to think on

We need help and a big butt defensive tackle to shore the run. Spikes or any MLB will continue to get eaten alive until we have a gap eating space filling DT. This flood the gap rush the space doesn't do anything to help our LB's.

A lot to think on

to add to it - isnt schwartzs scheme considered "aggressive" because he send the lineman up field instead of blitzing and kinda has a big thumper lb in the middle to clean up the inside run game? that would be a bit the opposite of what you are discussing with a big DT. Suh and fairley were known as pass rushers, haynesworth was disruptive in the backfield, etc...

Edited by NoSaint

Lawson to Jack. It might be the best option. He is not awful in the run and inside .. crap. I don't know. This is something I have to process a little more. My quick hits:

Rivers as Sam for 2downs or slide to Mike

Kiko to Will 2downs

Lawson to Jack 2downs or in packages.

If Spikes is the target then he becomes the Mike. Lawson enters on 3rd down with Robey/Graham and we run a dime.

Ideally this would work best with Wilfork.

Dareus/Wilfork DT for 2 downs

Dareus/KWilliams for the 3rd

Change up all paces, rotate those DT's.

A lot to think on

Have you submitted this to Schwartzy? I like it. B-)