Wilfork asks pats to release him

QB Bills

I remember watching NFL Films or some Mic'd Up segment and saw Wilfork absolutely lay out Levitre in the open field. He was so much bigger than him and the funny thing was, it was Levitre who went for the hit and ended up on the turf. Big dude.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it is a short term deal 1-2 yrs pay the man would be huge boost to this defense.

I'd offer 3, maybe even 4 if that's what it took. The nice thing about NFL contracts is that you can lop off a year with no issues. Move Dareus outside and you've got a pretty nice line. (assuming Dareus is in decent shape)

I still miss Pat Williams, Sam Adams, and Ted Washington.

Me too. Nothing like some serious beef to plug up the middle. Our run D has been so weak I've really been hoping that we'd get someone along those lines. Now it's possible that Wilfork could be available. Sign him! Young and speedy doesn't seem to cut if for run stuffing.

I'm for it but he's leaving NE because he wants more money, thus he isn't coming cheap. Not sure how I feel about forking over a ton of money to someone of his age and injury history.

He doesn't want more money. He just doesn't want less money in the last year of his contract. The pats want him to take a haircut on his last year.

hes turning 33, 350lbs and coming off an achilles injury (which often takes two years to actually come back from even if he can play in 2013)..... and is scheduled to get 8m in the final year of his contract.

he might get released.

I think NoSaint is right. If he won't take a cut (and it's easy to understand why the pats are targeting him), they may look to see what he brings in trade. But I think teams will be wary of giving anything for an injured guy at the end of his career--especially if they are all assuming he will be cut.

okay so wilfork collapsess the pocket and sacks Tom Brady.

He clogs the middle for 2 years and he also bring some championship, leadership and some winning Bravado to Buffalo. His wife would win Miss Lackawanna crown. Fred Smerlas comes in 2nd.

Edited by oman128