Bills sign Aaron Williams to extension

Does anyone remember how bad of a CB Williams was in this league? After the first year everyone including myself thought he was a ginormous bust. He was torched everytime you turned around. They move him to safety and he lit it up. It's good to see that he found his niche. I'm proud to have him as a Bill and look forward to him using the large frame to rock people. They need to work on depth now though if Williams goes down , searcy, then who?

I'm pretty sure all Bills fans remember Aaron's struggles at CB... ;)

According to Marrone, Searcy will likely remain in his role as the 3rd Safety...He has a specific role in the Defense and they really would rather not mess with it because they feel he is very effective in that role...Duke Williams and Jonathan Meeks are the next men up if Byrd departs...Plus I'm sure the Bills will look towards Free Agency and the Draft (in the middle rounds) to see what they can get... B-)

You all are going to be shocked as hell when Byrd signs a contract with the Bills.

Just listened to Aaron Williams on John Murphy's show and it does seem like it's still a possibility...The one thing Aaron wanted to make sure he put out there was that Byrd would very much like to come back to Buffalo if they can work it all out...So...We'll see... B-)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to Aaron Williams on John Murphy's show and it does seem like it's still a possibility...The one thing Aaron wanted to make sure he put out there was that Byrd would very much like to come back to Buffalo if they can work it all out...So...We'll see... B-)

Ian rapoport on nfl total access says Bills are still in play. Mentions browns and jets as interested. The good thing is, the browns and jets are two of the few organizations we are less of a mess than.

Whaley also believes it's a possibility.

LINKY

If Byrd and Parker don't get a better offer and come crawling back after all this b.s. I'd tell them to beat it. We just signed a safety that hits.

That's a crap mentality. All this BS? The Bills are the ones who are trying to get him for less than market value

This is the way Levitre and Byrd should have been kept or traded while under regular contract. Do this with all good players.

Yes in a perfect world it is. But there is no rule that says a player will sign early. And really you are rolling the dice with these early deals.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That was my point. It's not clear that Williams is a "bargain" Byrd. Whatever one feels about Byrd personally, there is little doubt he was a top FS. A Williams has played 2 seasons at SS---and 6.5 million isn;t a bargain yet.

Check out A William's wiki page:

"He was then resigned to a REASONABLE deal because he is a TEAM PLAYER. His resigning allowed for him to replace the greedy Byrd. The long term deal will keep Williams with the Bills for the next four seasons.[4]"

Oh lord, we're citing Wiki pages?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/wikipedia-celebrates-750-years-of-american-indepen,2007/

You all are going to be shocked as hell when Byrd signs a contract with the Bills.

Would not be surprised AT ALL. That doesn't mean I think it will happen though.

I can honestly say that I can't blame him for wanting to see what he can get in the free agent market. I would (if I wasn't born a fan of the team).

Edited by sodbuster

Ian rapoport on nfl total access says Bills are still in play. Mentions browns and jets as interested. The good thing is, the browns and jets are two of the few organizations we are less of a mess than.

Browns yeah, jests nope. They have an established HC who did a hell of a job holding his team together last season. They need better QB play, but, I feel that they are in better shape than Buffalo.

Browns yeah, jests nope. They have an established HC who did a hell of a job holding his team together last season. They need better QB play, but, I feel that they are in better shape than Buffalo.

I'm curious why you think the Jets are in better shape than the Bills. The bills smoked them in our most recent game without our top 2 wrs. In a game where we had to start Justin Rogers and EJ had one of his 2 terrible games this year, they beat us by 7. Rex is a great defensive coach no doubt, but where are they better than us? I'll give QB and the lines as pushes but I think we are better everywhere else.

I will say that as a defensive player, I'd love to play for Rex. But IMO, the Bills are the more talented team overall.

Yes in a perfect world it is. But there is no rule that says a player will sign early. And really you are rolling the dice with these early deals.

Absolutely. Case in point, the subject of this thread. If Williams winds up being just an average starter, then the Bills have seriously overpaid him. The risk-mitigator from the team's perspective is that they can cut the player before the contract ends (or ask the player to take a pay cut), but depending on how the guaranteed money is structured, that might take a couple years.