Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think he wants to screw over the Bills, he just doesn't want to play in Buffalo. If you really think about it, can you blame him?

Who cares. Jim Kelly didn't either. This team needs to not care about players' feelings or wishes and take care of business by tagging him.

Cross the next bridge when it comes.

I wasn't aware that this was a fact, or even a supposition or rumor...is there a link for this revelation?

The article that initiated a lengthy thread spells out that Brandon and Overdorf are in the room negotiating. Where the GM is remains unclear throughout the process.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/02/23/sources-disconnect-youngsters-lifers-bills-organization/

Per Graham: "Overdorf oversees all player contracts. Overdorf, not Whaley, will handle contract negotiations for Pro Bowl safety Jairus Byrd. Same as last year. Overdorf reports not to Whaley, but to CEO Russ Brandon."

Disagree with Graham all you want. The GM isn't in the room during negotiations, but go on challenging Graham's reporting.

I did take him seriously at that time. I just wonder if he was being sincere or diplomatic.

Guess we'll never know.

Right. 99% of the time we never really know. Even in the relatively few times that we think we're right and we actually are if truth were known, we don't "know" that we are right.

Read above.

I knew you were going to use that example, but he posted that AFTER you made your comment. ;)

Tagging him does no good at this point.

Incorrect.

The Bills can't afford to allow Eugene and his player to dictate terms when they have player control.

Tag Byrd. If he sits out he sits out. The precedent needs to be reversed or this will keep happening.

Those few million potentially lost while Byrd feigns injury again are the cost of not letting an agent run your lockerroom and as a fan you should be more than well aware that they won't spend all of those cap dollars anyway.

It's the financial price that needs to be paid for granting Clements, Spikes, McGahee, Peters and Lynch their wishes when the team had control over them.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

Ah, this franchise.

Well, I guess we could tag him, hopefully trade him while he sits out, and if not, hope he performs well enough to win us games for the last half of the season, heh.

Or just let him walk, and accept that we are a loser franchise.

What's even worse than losing a great player in Jairus Byrd is the message sent to present and future free agents of the Buffaol Bills and that message is you can have your way. That's not a good message to send.

"GREAT PLAYER??" Tell me what team was afraid to play the Bills because of Byrd.

Well if the Byrd stories hold that has sure been a banner weekend for Buffalo sports. Sabres trade franchise goalie and captain and LaFontaine resigns and now this, unreal.

Like I said on the Pat L thread, what a difference two days make.

Friday I thought the Byrd talks had turned a corner, and I thought even if not, they'll definitely tag him..........And, the Sabres looked like they had a front office that was competent, unified and had a plan!

Incorrect.

The Bills can't afford to allow Eugene and his player to dictate terms when they have player control.

Tag Byrd. If he sits out he sits out. The precedent needs to be reversed or this will keep happening.

Those few million potentially lost while Byrd feigns injury again are the cost of not letting an agent run your lockerroom and as a fan you should be more than well aware that they won't spend all of those cap dollars anyway.

It's the financial price that needs to be paid for granting Clements, Spikes, McGahee, Peters and Lynch their wishes when the team had control over them.

Very well said

Ah, this franchise.

Well, I guess we could tag him, hopefully trade him while he sits out, and if not, hope he performs well enough to win us games for the last half of the season, heh.

Seems about right!

Incorrect.

I agree with you 100 percent.

The reason i said it makes no sense now is that they came out and said they are not going to franchise him.

They are letting Byrd control them instead of the other way around. Lynch got out of town not in the same way but he in the end got his wishes.

This is part why the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 14 seasons. Not only due to lack of talent on the field, but in the front office as well.

were letting a player on track to be a HOF one day walk for nothing...

F'ing stupid.

Right. 99% of the time we never really know. Even in the relatively few times that we think we're right and we actually are if truth were known, we don't "know" that we are right.

I knew you were going to use that example, but he posted that AFTER you made your comment. ;)

How about that one? Which was posted BEFORE I made my comment.

im having a difficult time understanding the reports that the bills wont tag byrd - wouldnt a tag and trade let us get a pick or player or something out of losing jarius as well as allow our FO to maintain an in-control image?

You are correct, but its the Bills.....

Ah, this franchise.

It would be much worse than that. It would completely expose the Bills as a very dysfunctional franchise in terms of the front office.

There would be some serious questions to be asked by the media and none of which would have good plausible answers other than they are run by clowns or the three stooges like the Browns fiasco.