LAMP - Ex Bill Shaud Williams

aussiew

You may think I'm crazy but I'm very excited that Shaud Williams RB 2007-2007 #20 has just been hired to play with the West Texas Drillers AA team here in Midland/Odessa.

My son, Matt is a sponser which gives us front row seats on the 50 yard line. So, we plan to wear our Bills gear. LOL.

Loving a way to help with my Bills withdrawal in the off season :worthy:

You may think I'm crazy but I'm very excited that Shaud Williams RB 2007-2007 #20 has just been hired to play with the West Texas Drillers AA team here in Midland/Odessa.

My son, Matt is a sponser which gives us front row seats on the 50 yard line. So, we plan to wear our Bills gear. LOL.

I think you're crazy.

LOL. That was a funny clip. The poor kid was so embarrassed.

A, AA, AAA or lower level leagues. I think the players on this local team make enough to live on and their travel expenses.

From the team website: All members of the Drillers teams are volunteers. They are not paid to play football. They gather together to play for the love of the game. Each team member has a full-time job in their life already, busy family lives and still play for the love of the game.

Edited by NoSaint

:thumbsup:

From the team website: All members of the Drillers teams are volunteers. They are not paid to play football. They gather together to play for the love of the game. Each team member has a full-time job in their life already, busy family lives and still play for the love of the game.

That makes me feel better. I was thinking "how sad, he's probably making peanuts playing AA and can't find a decent job."

Thanks for the clarification No Saint. I do know that their uniforms and travel costs are paid though. And they are helped with liability and medical insurance. They travel by bus. Got to respect their total love of the game. I went to a few games last year and was surprised by the quality of play.

Sweet Phyllis@Sw33tPhyllis 1h

@TheBillsMafia Hey Bills fans! Check out this insightful interview with former Bills RB Shaud Williams @texastide21! http://bit.ly/1fn0BBL

That was actually an excellent interview