NFL Execs: Rob Ryan being denied HC jobs because of his hair

Big Turk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a silly story. If Bellichick or either of the Harbaugh's decided to gro frohawks at the end of their current contracts, owners would be lining up to hire them.

Some owners are dumb, but not that kind of dumb.

Yeah I guess it's a good thing for Bellichick that sleeveless sweatshirts aren't frowned upon.

They said the same thing about Ray Horton's dreads.

Horton who coached a bang-up defense in Arizona in 2012, only to be overlooked in favor of Arians seems now to be repeating the process in Cleveland for a HC TBD.

He did, however, cut the dreads.

A black guy passed over for an Arian?

This is a silly story. If Bellichick or either of the Harbaugh's decided to gro frohawks at the end of their current contracts, owners would be lining up to hire them.

Some owners are dumb, but not that kind of dumb.

True...because they've all proven they can get the job done. Is Rob Ryan even that good of a coach? He's been the DC of how many teams over the past few years?

And to follow the post above... this year's wildcard game in Phili was his first play-off game as a coordinator. He has done a nice job in New Orleans this year and the job he did in Dallas doesn't look so bad now when you consider how badly Kiffin did with the same players.... but he wouldn't be on my list for possible Head Coaches, hair or no hair.

True...because they've all proven they can get the job done. Is Rob Ryan even that good of a coach? He's been the DC of how many teams over the past few years?

In all fairness, Jerry Jones was a frigging idiot for canning him after last season....all he did was go to New Orleans, and turn one of the historicaly worst defeneses into a top 5 unit...I am no fan of the Ryans (Buddy or Rex) but he would seem to warrent a look when guys like the Broncos OC are getting heat, for letting Payton Manning play like Payton Manning.

i dont know that its so much the hair, as much as the hair tends to go hand in hand with with things like going out to a dive bar after big wins and buying everyone a round being one of the common ways that he has generated headlines this year.