Poster you miss the most on tbd

major

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped posting because of a few things. My role at work changed and improved, resulting in increased hours. Then my wife (who joined me at the TBD tailgate for the season-opening win over Seattle a handful of years ago) and I had two little boys and of course that changed everything. Those are the two biggest reasons. I do agree, however, that the losing has had an impact on why people have left or posted with less frequency. Losing brought out increased negativity and reading it (and even writing it) wears on you. It's bad enough to watch the team every Sunday; to spend the entire week talking about the levels of sucking brings it to a whole new, lower level.

I still come by, every single day. I enjoy what many of you have to say and learn from your insights. When I have to miss a game, I feel like I can come here and get a pretty good handle on how the team played. As with many other people, I imagine my posting frequency would increase if we got to December and were playing meaningful games, or if we made the playoffs. (That will happen again one day.) But mostly, real life got in the way and that's why I'm not as visible as I used to be.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed this season more than any other in recent years. For the first time in a long time, there's hope. The loyal fans of this team deserve a winner as much as any fan base in any sport. I hope that day comes soon for all of us, and I hope you all have a great 2014.

Unfortunately, in your absence, the Lauvel Sape fan club disbanded. I resigned as assistant secretary to the under-secretary of the fan club, and turned off the lights.

Sadly, there is no one to carry on Sape's legacy.

I miss, in no particular order.

Ice

Hogboy (the original cryayonz)

Alaska Darin

Chef Jim

Dean

R Rich

so many more I can't think of at the moment.

Chef Jim is gone? Are you sure?

I'll second Alaska Darin, and add to others sentiments regarding:

nevergiveup

Nervous Guy

G.host

erynthered

^^^^^^^^^^

This discussion has no place in this thread.

Regrets that it's been brought to this point.

This thread is about people who have left.

Some people have left.....specifically the most mentioned one........because others just can't resist the urge to personally attack others for non-personal takes.

Bottom line: if you can ignore threads you don't like or...if not......then can at least resist the urge to dump on threads or attack people personally for their opinions about THE TEAM then you aren't part of the problem.

If you can't........you are.

This thread is about people who have left.

Some people have left.....specifically the most mentioned one........because others just can't resist the urge to personally attack others for non-personal takes.

Bottom line: if you can ignore threads you don't like or...if not......then can at least resist the urge to dump on threads or attack people personally for their opinions about THE TEAM then you aren't part of the problem.

If you can't........you are.

When your own behavior becomes beyond reproach, feel free to lecture others.

Again… regrets that this discussion takes place in a thread that should be an appreciation for those no longer here.

Up to 2000 I was posting regularly as John in CA. Then I was John in VA. Then I stopped posting until recently, but I was lurking until I finally got reactivated. Anyway by far my favorite poster was Dean. Really good insights. I liked Lori too.

I think there are a lot of good posters on now. I skip past the insults and ad hominem attacks, and I learn a lot about college players and other teams from the other posters.

Unfortunately, in your absence, the Lauvel Sape fan club disbanded. I resigned as assistant secretary to the under-secretary of the fan club, and turned off the lights.

Sadly, there is no one to carry on Sape's legacy.

HAHA. Sape is on Twitter. Has eight followers. Bio says he is a backup dancer. I'm not making this up.

Chef Jim is gone? Are you sure?

I'll second Alaska Darin, and add to others sentiments regarding:

nevergiveup

Nervous Guy

G.host

erynthered

lol! I haven't heard from the chef in a while.

I also miss

nervous squirrel and the rest of the nervous family. I even miss lori, though we did have our differences. I was a flameing liberal back then. Not so much anymore. She did know her football. I also miss cablelady and #89 I think was her name. Both great ladies, actually all three are great ladies. This board isn't the same without them.

Up to 2000 I was posting regularly as John in CA. Then I was John in VA. Then I stopped posting until recently, but I was lurking until I finally got reactivated. Anyway by far my favorite poster was Dean. Really good insights. I liked Lori too.

I think there are a lot of good posters on now. I skip past the insults and ad hominem attacks, and I learn a lot about college players and other teams from the other posters.

Yeah that's what I like most about this place. I don't follow the NFL except for the Bills, and I do not follow college football at all. So when it comes to the draft and free agency I rely on posters here for the majority of my information.

I thought LaBatt was still around? Could have sworn I saw a post not too long ago...

Then again I'm always wrong... :D

I'm still around. I don't think I've posted since this past summer. Between the Sabres and the Bills, other than looking towards the draft, there is not much worth posting about.

Happy News Years!

Thanks for the memories. I feel this board saved my sanity and my life - many years ago. I use to sit at the computer and laugh until I cried and my husband thought I was nuts. Sorry to say I just don't laugh anymore. Not everything in this world is gloom and doom. The Bills can have a winning season if they get it in their heads WIN and stop making all those metal errors. Depression has made me a hermit except for working and my store. The Bills are not like I had it in the past. Friends to many who still contact me on facebook. The annual Tasker Christmas cards makes my year. I have not gone to training camp or a game in at least 3 years. Sucks to get old. Hang in there. Better days are coming. I still pop in once a month.

Thanks for the memories. I feel this board saved my sanity and my life - many years ago. I use to sit at the computer and laugh until I cried and my husband thought I was nuts. Sorry to say I just don't laugh anymore. Not everything in this world is gloom and doom. The Bills can have a winning season if they get it in their heads WIN and stop making all those metal errors. Depression has made me a hermit except for working and my store. The Bills are not like I had it in the past. Friends to many who still contact me on facebook. The annual Tasker Christmas cards makes my year. I have not gone to training camp or a game in at least 3 years. Sucks to get old. Hang in there. Better days are coming. I still pop in once a month.

Good to see you again. Really.

Good to see you Cindy. Happy New Year and God bless. :)