Michael Vick a back up?

Spillnation

Now I am well aware this post is blastworthy and look forward to the always creative remarks. But if the Eagles decide to part with Vick I could see him considering Buffalo if the offer hits the table. Here's how it makes sense.

We wanted him when he first returned from lock up. Of course being the Bills we got overlooked for Andy Reid. He beat out Kolb and were still paying that bums contract.

His style of play is what we are asking of EJ to learn and who better to learn it from than an all pro mobile vet.

Of course there Is the risk that Vick would ignite a controversy over Qb but that's not what would entice him to come here. Ej is a risk, has missed considerable time as does Mike Vick every season. Mike can see how injuries expose weakness and he would realize that it Is very possible to take the #1 spot here if Manuel gets hurt again. It also would provide Vick a decent amount of time to rest, learn our system and help groom Ej. I would approach this as a duel qb system. We're hoping Ej stays healthy but if not we're more than ready to sub Vick in without changing our game plan. And I could see Vick lighting it up for the latter half of a season, playoff Vick?

I like Ej, seems smart, humble an all the intangibles you want.

If Mike Vick has learned anything playing his style of quarterback through the years it's the toll it takes on the body and how important that lesson is to teach Manuel is an understatement. There are plenty more reasons why this makes sense but I'd rather hear from others. Hate, Love, Confused?

No.

I don't believe the Bills WANT EJ to run. It would expose his skinny legs to serious injury. I think the Bills want him to develop good pocket awareness and just shuffle around to create throwing opportunity. Vick is anything but a pocket passer.

Nanker, I'm more than aware of my gravatar... it's awesome and should serve as a homage not an insult. Who whizzed in your Flutie Flakes. Is that all your bringing to the conversation is an insult?

Your avatar is also used by a member that has been here since the beginning of the board (over 10 years). Please switch to something else to avoid confusion.

Now I am well aware this post is blastworthy and look forward to the always creative remarks. But if the Eagles decide to part with Vick I could see him considering Buffalo if the offer hits the table. Here's how it makes sense.

We wanted him when he first returned from lock up. Of course being the Bills we got overlooked for Andy Reid. He beat out Kolb and were still paying that bums contract.

His style of play is what we are asking of EJ to learn and who better to learn it from than an all pro mobile vet.

Of course there Is the risk that Vick would ignite a controversy over Qb but that's not what would entice him to come here. Ej is a risk, has missed considerable time as does Mike Vick every season. Mike can see how injuries expose weakness and he would realize that it Is very possible to take the #1 spot here if Manuel gets hurt again. It also would provide Vick a decent amount of time to rest, learn our system and help groom Ej. I would approach this as a duel qb system. We're hoping Ej stays healthy but if not we're more than ready to sub Vick in without changing our game plan. And I could see Vick lighting it up for the latter half of a season, playoff Vick?

If Mike Vick has learned anything playing his style of quarterback through the years it's the toll it takes on the body and how important that lesson is to teach Manuel is an understatement. There are plenty more reasons why this makes sense but I'd rather hear from others. Hate, Love, Confused?

Set the crack pipe down and back away.

Sage, I agree with your comment on Fitz and he probably would have restructured his deal if it weren't for the deadspin fallout. And I think you have unknowingly revealed the bigger problem, keeping our qb's healthy behind a strong offensive line. Top priority in the off-season for sure.

Sage, I agree with your comment on Fitz and he probably would have restructured his deal if it weren't for the deadspin fallout. And I think you have unknowingly revealed the bigger problem, keeping our qb's healthy behind a strong offensive line. Top priority in the off-season for sure.

Fitz would have never restructured and I don't blame him. Why take a pay cut willingly when you know you can get back up money anywhere else? He had nothing to lose and $50 million to gain by playing hardball at the negotiating table.

Vick would start here but why bother when you know he will get hurt and he still displays poor decision making.

meh. I'll take Thad. Vick is made of glass and not sure he would mesh as well as Thad has with this team. They seem to have good chemistry going. And Vick's pedigree (no pun intended) would have fans clamoring for him to start, while Thad's is less impressive so most still feel EJ has more potential.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

It's unfortunate how we as a fan base view EJ and how he needs to build confidence without being questioned. Is it possible for him to become better through competition with another qb. By winning out a quarterback competition he will have earned being the starter which is something EJ hasn't had to do here. I'd prefer my qb to have that type of SELF confidence. But I do agree that Buffalo fans would be calling for Vick if EJ starts to stumble.

It's unfortunate how we as a fan base view EJ and how he needs to build confidence without being questioned. Is it possible for him to become better through competition with another qb. By winning out a quarterback competition he will have earned being the starter which is something EJ hasn't had to do here. I'd prefer my qb to have that type of SELF confidence. But I do agree that Buffalo fans would be calling for Vick if EJ starts to stumble.

Competition is always good. I think it can be a fine line as a rookie and you need to be careful with who that is though. Hopefully they get the formula right. Sanchez never had any real competition in NY and that is why a lot of people said he was "coddled" and never reached his full potential. I think EJ is different than Sanchez though. We'll see.

Sanchez to B Lo... hmmm. That'd be sweet revenge taking what Rex has loved, admired and tattooed in his heart.. making Sanchez successful as a Buffalo Bill would ruin Ryan. There are plenty of options out there but I hadn't really thought about this one. Can't say I'm horribly against it... 14 years out the playoffs will leave a man grasping at straws.

It's fruitless to take frustration out on the consumer. I'm in the same boat as any other fan... wasting money and emotion on a franchise that hasn't done anything for the majority of my lifetime. Alot of the members on this board remember what it's like to feel like a winner... I don't. Ultimately we have the same goal to be successful. I am hoping the Bills continue to work with EJ, pick up a quality vet, and either keep Thad( pending on NE outcome) or draft unknown talent as competition. EJ should not be considered starter going into preseason and should have to compete. He has earned nothing but an injury proned "What If " to me. If not Mike Vick who would be another quality vet to bring in?

His days in the NFL are numbered. No thanks

If we were "really close" to being an elite playoff team I could maybe see bringing him in as a backup QB? We aren't though. Likely by the time we are Michael will be ready to hang up the cleats. So I agree with this.

We need to figure out how to stop the run, and keep our QB from running for his life first and foremost. IMHO of course.

ps...on the radio call last week ...Kelso was of the opinion that Buffalo should try to get Free agent Chad Henne. Citing that the experience of Henne would provide a calming effect for EJ. FWIW.....

Edited by jaybee

Vick's days as a starter in this league are OVER.

2013 Passer rating:

#32- Michael Vick

#40- Ryan Fitzpatrick

#50 - Thad Lewis

#51 - EJ Manuel

our QB situation is laughable. we need a FRANCHISE QB

Comparing statistics of QBs who have played less than half a year to thos who have played entire seasons is laughable. As is comparing part time rookies to seasoned vets.

We need franchise fans.

Comparing statistics of QBs who have played less than half a year to thos who have played entire seasons is laughable. As is comparing part time rookies to seasoned vets.

We need franchise fans.

That does not make sense.

We are the fans. you included.

Now if you were the Team. Speaking of us all here within the forum ?

I could agree.

Edited by 3rdand12

That does not make sense.

We are the fans. you included.

Now if you were the Team. Speaking of us all here within the forum ?

I could agree.

It was a play on words - not to be taken literally.

I'm not so sure about that. I think the real issue was the structure of the contract the Bills offered and the guaranteed $$.

Deadspin surely didn't help the situation, however.