Sports radio arrogance in NE

Considering we have never beat them in that shopping mall/stadium they play in, they have every right to look past us. I just drove home from Buffalo and listened to a couple of hours of NE sports talk. It is funny that no one even noticed what we did to the Dolphins. So they may be in for a surprise.

But I also listen to Schopp try to gin up fear and panic over the possibility that Thad Lewis might win and create a postseason of controversy and second guessing for the Bills. Yeah, Mike, god forbid the Bills win. I mean if we win it will all be because of how Lewis plays. Nothing else :doh:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No doubt Brady will be well protected by the Referees as usual. So stand by for a few 15 yard "Roughing the Passer"penalties. But if we are going to get flagged we might as well Rough the Passer good and proper so that Brady remembers it for next year. Hit him hard and often boys.

:thumbsup:

If they pass the hat to help pay the fines, I'll chip in!

Totally agree with everything posted. Once Tommy retires they will go back to being irrelevant and no one will care about them again. I really hate them.

Go Bill

They are the 2nd highest valued team in the NFL, they have a new stadium and great ownership

I doubt they will go back to bring irrelevant again. They may have down seasons but their ownership will get them back up!

If home field is on the line, there is no chance BB pulls Brady. He doesn't do that.

Honestly, I can't recall any team getting to Brady enough to warrant a decision by Belichick to pull him, or let him compete.. but if you can, I can't argue with that. my thought is that he'd prefer Brady on the road, than Mallett at home - if neither his O-line or the refs can keep him out of harm's way

Just like they did before Queen Brady. Lived in NH from 85 to 10. You could not find a Pats* fan prior to Brady's arrival. We used to get tickets at Sullivan on game day when the Bills played. The bandwagon fans will be GONE when their fortunes turn.

sorry but they had the worst ownership in the NFL, after the Kaft's bought them everything changed

They have sold out every game since 1994, Brady did not arrive until 2000. They have had awaiting list for season tickets since 1996 of over 50k. This shows you what good ownership can do. Compare that to our Bills situation, we could not even sellout the last game. They play every game in Foxboro not any in Canada!

sorry but they had the worst ownership in the NFL, after the Kaft's bought them everything changed

They have sold out every game since 1994, Brady did not arrive until 2000. They have had awaiting list for season tickets since 1996 of over 50k. This shows you what good ownership can do. Compare that to our Bills situation, we could not even sellout the last game. They play every game in Foxboro not any in Canada!

Yes, they are awesome fans...unless they start to lose. Then there will be tumbleweeds blowing through Gillette Stadium. Kraft's financial plan would collapse if the Pats started to suck. Don't think the NFL doesn't know that. Ever wonder why they get the calls?

PTR

Belichick's greatest achievement in NE was recognizing the direction the league was heading after the Colts lobbied the rules committee to enforce illegal contact and defensive holding penalties, following their loss to the Pats - where their receivers were banged around by Belichick's secondary in the same way our's were against his Giant defenders in our 'wide right' loss.

The defensive guru then put the emphasis of his offense on protecting his accurate passer, and designing an attack that would take advantage of limited downfield contact.

No doubt Brady will be well protected by the Referees as usual. So stand by for a few 15 yard "Roughing the Passer"penalties. But if we are going to get flagged we might as well Rough the Passer good and proper so that Brady remembers it for next year. Hit him hard and often boys.

It really depends which Ref we get. If it is Carey, Boger, Blakeman we are OK. It will be pretty fair/even. Any other, and I guarantee you will see a P/foul against Bills D on NE's 1st or 2nd series.

Just listening to a couple of guys on sports radio in New England talking about this week's game. Not sure who they were. I was just scanning channels and came across these two idiots. They feel that the Bills have nothing to play for and the Patsies do. So the Bills will probably just roll-over and play dead. Saying that it probably won't even be close at the half. The Bills are just thinking it is 60 minutes of work before vacation time.

Man, I hate the arrogance around here. The Bills had nothing to play for last week either and the Dolphins did. Look at that outcome - but no mention of that. I hope the Bills blow them away. I am not expecting it though. I think it will be a close game. Especially if the D steps it up a notch and gets in Brady's face.

Just had to vent a little - thanks.

Merry Christmas!

Until we win nothing will change.

The Pats are overrated. I expect the game to be close, regardless of who is playing QB for us. Wouldn't be surprised if we win.

My biggest worry is the officials. If the Pats are playing for a bye, this one has "ref screw job" written all over it.

The NFL is salivating over another Brady-Manning AFC championship game.

They are the 2nd highest valued team in the NFL, they have a new stadium and great ownership

I doubt they will go back to bring irrelevant again. They may have down seasons but their ownership will get them back up!

I know. When I lived there a decade ago no one cared about them (at all). Now they pretend they are the world's greatest fans and it annoys me. It bothers me because they don't deserve it. They never suffered. When they were bad no one cared. I really just hate them.

1. Let's just get this out of the way: the refs WILL screw us. No reason to act surprised on Sunday. Instant replay, as it exists today, is based 100% on the refs screwing us in New England. That game is, quite literally, the single most key event in the history of instant replay in the NFL. Deny it, and you're simply ignorant, or lying. The refs were screwing us on calls when Steve Grogan was the QB...it's just that we would blow them out so badly that nobody remembers.

2. Boston has had a lot to be proud about the last few years, and denying that only makes you look silly.

However, most of them know that their window is closing, rapidly. The Celtics are back to mediocre. All it takes is one good, or more likely bad, shot on Brady, and he's done, with Belechik running out the door behind him. The Patriot defense is an empty shell, and where it isn't old, it's slow. Where it isn't dumb, it's talent-capped. The Bruins perhaps have the longest upside, but even that is limited. The Red Sox might be good for a while....

I don't begrudge them their chances now, but they should try and remember: the 1990 1-15 Pats, or the Bruins of last decade, or the Celtics for 2 decades, isn't that far in the past, and is almost certainly coming back.

We'll see where all the "fans" and talk radio "wizards" are when their teams revert to normal.

3. The notion that Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time is patently retarded.

Joe Montana is the greatest QB of all time. And, there's a list below him(Elway, Marino, Unitas, Otto Graham(who I didn't see, but I'm told by people who know: belongs here), that Brady doesn't belong ahead of by any standard.

Hell given Peyton Manning, you could argue that Brady isn't even the greatest of his time...never mind all time.

This D has the potential to man handle NE...they have been allowing only 271 YPG in the 2nd half of the season, down 110 yards from the 1st 8 games...also allowing a ridiculous 60 QB Rating against with a 51.9% completion percentage over the last 7 games...

Edited by matter2003

Marrone has already stated a couple reasons for why Buffalo will be playing hard against NE...1 - they want a winning divisional record , something they haven't had in years, to show improvement...2 - the last game of the year may be the last time all these players will be playing together and for each other....Brown has stated that big changes may be coming and to not be surprised to see some big named cuts of players that just don't fit the style that Marrone wants...3 - Marrone wants the team to both a) win on the road and b) win 3 games in a row to end out the year....so I guess Pride in themselves and the city and Bills organization is the reason they should bring it on Sunday.

If Belichick is smart, and unfortunately he usually is, he won't even let Brady see the field on Sunday, and if he does it'll be to hand off a lot...which, not to put too fine a point on it or anything, has worked pretty well against our D this year.

Mo they will play their normal offense.

Arrogance? How is it arrogance? We've beaten the Pats like once in the last ... long time... and they just blew out the defending super bowl champs (who are fighting for a playoff spot!). I think it'd be smart for Bills fans to keep their expectations in check heading into this game.

Arrogance? How is it arrogance? We've beaten the Pats like once in the last ... long time... and they just blew out the defending super bowl champs (who are fighting for a playoff spot!). I think it'd be smart for Bills fans to keep their expectations in check heading into this game.

Yeah the Pats are going to the playoffs again and we're not, but we can still ruin their season.

PTR

My biggest worry is the officials. If the Pats are playing for a bye, this one has "ref screw job" written all over it.

Bingo.

Well it certainly has "Bills fans whining about a ref-screw-job" written all over it. Nice to see it is already a work in progress.

This is probably why there is so much ref whining here. If you go into every game looking for it, then you are going to see it. Whether it is there or not.

For me this game rests squarely on the shoulders of the Bills D. If they can shut down Tom Terrific the Bills have a good chance. Otherwise the Bills are looking at a double digit loss for this season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The "something to play for" motivation is overstated.

Professionals in all sports play for money. There are very few players in the NFL that can afford to show themselves on film not playing hard.

If you look around the league teams like Atlanta, Washington, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville are all still "playing hard."

The Bills will not be lacking motivation on Sunday.

I agree...to a degree. There are teams like the Bills, who played hard, all year, and then had that one stinging loss against the Falcons, which, effectively, dashed their hopes for the playoffs...what happned? They came out and played their worst game of the season (Bucs), in all phases of the game...as if the entire team, as one unit, had the collective realization that their season was, alas, over. They got back on the horse for the Jags and Dolphins...they have been living with the spectre of "meaningless games" for about 3 weeks now...not saying they can't possibly beat the Pats on Sunday, but I think it is more likely that they get rolled over. And, I don't think that will necessarily mean they have regressed, or Marrone can't get them ready for games, etc etc...you know, all those cliches. It is just human nature..professionals or not. The Pats are professionals too, and they will have much more motivation to try to troucne a weaker oppenant, when having a bye-week is on the line.

We see it every year, some team starts out 1-8, or 2-9, and then gets their **** together and wins 4 or their last 5, or something like that...it is just a cycle that most teams go through every year. Success breeds more success...failure...well you know what that does....

*uncertain*

Bills have had trouble putting two good games together all season.

Bills have also had trouble playing on the road all season.

I would like to see the Bills demonstrate they are "on the right road" to changing both those factors, but I can't blame NE press from taking us lightly.

1.) The Bills have put 3 good games together in a row. SC & SJ fumbles don't mean the team didn't play well enough to win and probably should have.

2.) I include Tron'O as a Road Game and no, not ALL season. Fairly certain the Bills won last week on the road.

3.) I doubt we win on Sunday, but if we do and with highly questionable QB play, I won't care what NE press thinks of us.

Well it certainly has "Bills fans whining about a ref-screw-job" written all over it. Nice to see it is already a work in progress.

This is probably why there is so much ref whining here. If you go into every game looking for it, then you are going to see it. Whether it is there or not.

While I tend to agree that the Pats seem to get an awful lot of things go their way, at crucial times, over the years...they have actually had a number of pretty bad calls, or no-calls, that contributed to them losing a few games this year...the most recent Jets loss, and the Panthers games come to mind.

NEBillsFan - If you totally dominated another team for 15 years wouldn't you be confident and arrogant? To dominate a team for 15 years is unheard of. That's so rare it's hard to even imagine. Just look at the win/loss record of New England over Buffalo the past decade and a half. I would chalk up any game against the Bills as an automatic win if I were them. Like they say any team can win on any given Sunday but it's hard to ignore past history. It's rare that a team can DOMINATE another for that many years Look at it this way,.the last time the Bills could compete with the Pats, todays high school seniors were still in diapers and weren't even in pre-school.

Edited by littlelouie

Yes, they are awesome fans...unless they start to lose. Then there will be tumbleweeds blowing through Gillette Stadium. Kraft's financial plan would collapse if the Pats started to suck. Don't think the NFL doesn't know that. Ever wonder why they get the calls?

PTR

I do not think so! I think their ownership would not allow them miss the playoffs 14 years in a row!

They would go all out to rectify the problems. They have become a solid NFL franchise. Let's what happens to Bills fans when new ownership raises the ticket prices to normal NFLteam prices to pay for the purchase of the team? It will not stay the lowest in the NFL when it happens.

NEBillsFan - If you totally dominated another team for 15 years wouldn't you be confident and arrogant? To dominate a team for 15 years is unheard of. That's so rare it's hard to even imagine. Just look at the win/loss record of New England over Buffalo the past decade and a half. I would chalk up any game against the Bills as an automatic win if I were them. Like they say any team can win on any given Sunday but it's hard to ignore past history. It's rare that a team can DOMINATE another for that many years Look at it this way,.the last time the Bills could compete with the Pats, todays high school seniors were still in diapers and weren't even in pre-school.

Louie - Remember, I am talking about these two yahoos on the radio. Not the Pats themselves. Also, confidence is one thing and I agree that they should be confident. Arrogance is another. They EXPECT the Bills to just roll over and play dead just because they have nothing to play for and are just looking forward to time off. That's what pisses me off.

I do not think so! I think their ownership would not allow them miss the playoffs 14 years in a row!

They would go all out to rectify the problems. They have become a solid NFL franchise. Let's what happens to Bills fans when new ownership raises the ticket prices to normal NFLteam prices to pay for the purchase of the team? It will not stay the lowest in the NFL when it happens.

Let me ask you something? Do you think Bob Kraft is the very first owner in the history of the NFL to "care" enough so his team makes the playoffs 14 straight years? All the teams in all the years of the NFL have had great years followed by lean ones. But Bob Kraft is the only guy to crack the code so his team never goes bad?

Yeah. I buy that.

PTR

Im not worried about the roughing the passer penalties.

Im concerned for the constant pi calls they get.

Last sunday I wanted to enjoy a good game. Ravens/pats. On the pats' first drive the stupid wr runs into the db and gets a pi call in the endzone. I didnt continue watching the game. But that must kill your motivation. When you know the refs are just going to "give it" to them.

I deleted the game after that first drive. I ended watching big history on the history channel. This was more entertaining than the pats/ravens.

Their play is called "fly idiot 42 ref help". It's basically the wr running into the db in hopes of getting a pi call. So the score doesnt matter people. Even if we have a lead. All they have to do is run that play 3 times and it's 3 tds just like that. It's kind of fugged up when you really really really think about it.

Ps. I think I may be developing carpal tunnel. So I'm not playing on my phone (that much) or typing too much.

It will not happen. But I hope we beat them. That would be our 2nd superbowl in 2 weeks.

While I tend to agree that the Pats seem to get an awful lot of things go their way, at crucial times, over the years...they have actually had a number of pretty bad calls, or no-calls, that contributed to them losing a few games this year...the most recent Jets loss, and the Panthers games come to mind.

Those two calls were actually most likely correct. Judgement call for the end zone play vs CAR but likely the correct judgement. The distinction is that the Pats so vocally acted like they were screwed somehow. When the close/judgment calls always go your way, apparently you get a sense of entitlement on the rare occasion that one does not. That seems to be the case with the Pats*. I mean, their receivers look around for a flag or make a gesture with their hands after every incompletion. It's truly disgusting to watch because the Refs seem so ready to oblige them. Makes Pats games almost unwatchable IMO. The only Ref's I see officiate theri games competently are Carey, Boger, and I'd have to say Blakeman though he may be gunshy the next time around after the CAR non-call.

Louie - Remember, I am talking about these two yahoos on the radio. Not the Pats themselves. Also, confidence is one thing and I agree that they should be confident. Arrogance is another. They EXPECT the Bills to just roll over and play dead just because they have nothing to play for and are just looking forward to time off. That's what pisses me off.

well, hopefully they arent right and they play for jobs, and pride. i recall plenty of threads around here expecting the same out of other teams though. fans get so wrapped up in the psychology of it and declaring how teams will play based on things other than matchups and skill level.... responding to comments from the media, or due to the results of the game before, or looking ahead to the game after, or.... really, most of it is skill of the players, if the coaches make the right calls/adjustments, and a little luck.... they tend to have us beat on most of those lately. sure, teams play amped up, or come out flat - but a lot of it seems to be dumb luck to predict.

Edited by NoSaint