Marcell Dareus benched for 1st qr. for habitual lateness

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Marrone should have made MD wear a giant sign that says "Sorry Bills Fans. I am sitting the bench for half the game today because I can't get up on time."

Maybe that would work? lol

Or just bench him and keep him from doing the one thing he (supposedly) loves the most - playing football.

People respond to different motivational factors.

While I know you think you have it figured out, I'm pretty sure those on the inside of the organization have a better idea of what will work than fans on a messageboard....

I'm not so sure the players have to like you. But they have to believe in you. And I agree....if Marcell is habitually late and it got to a point of benching him, that's really on his coaches (and a little bit on his peers) to let the situation build to the point where they saw that as the best alternative.

How is it "on the coaches"? Isn't it all up to Dareus to be a professional?

Another post suggested that it was Kyle And Mario Williams' responsibility - what are they supposed to do beyond encourage him to be on time? If he doesn't take responsibility himself, his teammates and coaches can't do much about it.

Maybe behind closed doors this kid has demons he is fighting...and we don't know it and neither does his team. If this is the case, football needs to take a back seat and he needs help!

I wish him well.

Why is it everyone has demons and needs help. Maybe just maybe it is your typical selfish entitled athlete thinking he can do whatever he wants.

He got a foot in the ganubies shortly after he was allowed in the game yesterday.

Fat tub of goo got rolled over like a bowling ball and left the game gasping.

He's got some issues - one of which is over-eating. You can see he's undisciplined just by looking at him.

His self respect is lacking. That, or he has no other goal in life but to have a good time.

Sumpin' gotta change.

This loss is nearly entirely on fat ass #99.

He's a ****.

Does the moron who hired Crossman get any credit for the loss?

How about the motivational Titan who sends his messages through Chris Brown?

If Greggo 2.0 simply cannot figure out how to properly utilize talents like Dareus, CJ and Stevie, what makes anyone think he can utilize any new draftee with talent?

Google??

Seriously. If you cite a stat, you should link to it. That's all I'm saying. Too many people throw bad info out there and assume no one will check. Too much of that makes for a bad discussion board.

I don't doubt he had a solid season.

Edited by dave mcbride

Motivation is one of the key aspects of being an NFL head coach.

It's Doug Marrone's job to keep a pulse on the locker room, and figure out how to get his players to go hard every Sunday. Some players need a heavy-handed smack from the coaching staff. Others need something more subtle. Take the wrong approach, and it's likely to backfire.

It's clear that discipline was necessary with Marcel Dareus. But benching him against a hated division opponent (and basically leaving the rest of his teammates hanging out to dry) was obviously the wrong move. Proof? The rest of the defense responded with its WORST performance of the season in run defense, letting up 267 yards on the ground to the likes of LeGarrette Blount and Stevan Ridley.

Earlier in the year, Marrone and staff cut 3rd string running back Tashard Choice. To the general public, this was a small-time move that probably meant nothing. But for the team, Choice was a highly respected veteran in the locker room. The Bills running backs (Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller) responded to his release by both wearing #20 during the week in practice - as a tribute to their departed teammate. Buffalo then went out on Sunday and got their worst rushing performance of the season, and got crushed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

After 16 games, Marrone has not figured out how to push the players. If anything, his move on Sunday was a step in the wrong direction.

And just exactly do you see as Pettine's role in this - and Anthony Weaver, his position coach?

You think Maronne acted unilaterally? Maybe Dareus was on time to all the team meetings but lazy as **** with the Defense's meetings. Maybe he doesn't lift during the week when he's supposed to. He got fat as a hippo this year.

You think Eric Clano and his assistants Hal Luther and Dan Liburd are having a hard time reaching Lard Butt?

Anything they might say to the head man that could give him insight on the problem that MD has become?

No, it's just Maronne's fault because he's holding this turd accountable.

Why doesn't Kyle and Mario get in one or the other guy's grill and tell them shape up or back off.

Maybe that's what Kyle meant by changes coming. Maybe he'll sack up and do something somewhat incognito.

And just exactly do you see as Pettine's role in this - and Anthony Weaver, his position coach?

You think Maronne acted unilaterally? Maybe Dareus was on time to all the team meetings but lazy as **** with the Defense's meetings. Maybe he doesn't lift during the week when he's supposed to. He got fat as a hippo this year.

You think Eric Clano and his assistants Hal Luther and Dan Liburd are having a hard time reaching Lard Butt?

Anything they might say to the head man that could give him insight on the problem that MD has become?

No, it's just Maronne's fault because he's holding this turd accountable.

Why doesn't Kyle and Mario get in one or the other guy's grill and tell them shape up or back off.

Maybe that's what Kyle meant by changes coming. Maybe he'll sack up and do something somewhat incognito.

You are so right. I can see it now. It is everyone's fault but Marrone's. i even blame Chris Brown for the sounds that came out of his mouth when Marrone was pulling the strings on his back.

Does the moron who hired Crossman get any credit for the loss?

How about the motivational Titan who sends his messages through Chris Brown?

If Greggo 2.0 simply cannot figure out how to properly utilize talents like Dareus, CJ and Stevie, what makes anyone think he can utilize any new draftee with talent?

Easy, marrone plans to bring in some more syracuse "talent" to the bills to kiss his behind in the locker room.

Edited by bobobonators

When stuff like this happens I cant stop thinking that we had AJ Green right there and knew he was gonna be a monster NFL game changer and instead we went for big 99.

I loved the pick at the time, and I'm still a fan of Marcel, but Green literally WINS games for his teams. He did it against us this year. No way they beat us without AJ.

Cant help but think what this team would look like with AJ Green, Woods and Goodwin.

Edited by Webster Guy