Marcell Dareus benched for 1st qr. for habitual lateness

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for being on top of the news and links. Many of us have to actually work in the day and appreciate your work playing this stuff. Of your job is ever hiring let me know. I could use the free time you have. :P

WRT Dareus. I think there is something not rubbing him the tight way. I've been thinking now the last two days. Did he and some of the other leaders quit the last few games on Marrone? Not an aggressive move or even passive aggressive. But its odd to me Johnson, Dareus, Byrd, Williams and even Mario just completely ran out of steam the last two weeks. There were others but when it came time to gut check and play for pride - a philosophy Marrone is big on - these guys didn't give a crap.

It makes me wonder if I am drawing straws or on to somethjng

thanks for being on top of the news and links. Many of us have to actually work in the day and appreciate your work playing this stuff. Of your job is ever hiring let me know. I could use the free time you have. :P

WRT Dareus. I think there is something not rubbing him the tight way. I've been thinking now the last two days. Did he and some of the other leaders quit the last few games on Marrone? Not an aggressive move or even passive aggressive. But its odd to me Johnson, Dareus, Byrd, Williams and even Mario just completely ran out of steam the last two weeks. There were others but when it came time to gut check and play for pride - a philosophy Marrone is big on - these guys didn't give a crap.

:lol: Multitasking is a good thing. Hmmm. Approaching 14K posts, you seem to have some time on your hands as well. :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Not to overstate the obvious, but did you *forget* the Miami game?? Hard to truly dissect that horrible game against NE, but the Defense against Miami - a team that was playing for their Playoff Life - was dominating, in nearly every aspect a Defense can dominate....just a thought

I dunno JBoy - nobody appeared to quit the week before when we shutout the Dolphins. This team is just too inconsistent is all. Playing the patsies will also make many teams look like they quit.

I didn't think anyone looked like they quit against the Pats*. Previous Bills teams would have run for the bus at 16-3. Despite the run D and ST, the Bills were within 7 pts late in that game at Foxboro, a game which the Pats* really needed. Yes, their run D let them down as well as ST and self-destructiveness (offsides on 4th and 1 gave the Pats 4 pts, 2 consecutive unsportsmanlike penalties for 30 yds on one drive). I was just watching on TV, but nothing made me think anyone quit, they just got beat. No one thought they would win, with a backup QB, 2 backup safeties and no Dareus for a half against the Pats on the road in a game NE needed. It is what it is.

I know it is fun to try to psychoanalyze these people from a distance and judge how they handle situations but the fact is we can't. There is too much we don't know. I can draw parallels between a BM3 who worked for me and what happened to her after we lost our BM2. Her work and attitude went to crap. I had to try numerous ways to motivate a grown adult and no single tool fit every situation. And despite being there, I was never able to KNOW what tool would work in any situation.

I just hope the coaches are searching for the right tool to get to Dareus because I would like to have him back, especially if he gets his head right.