Marcell Dareus benched for 1st qr. for habitual lateness

If i'm not mistaken - didn't Kyle Williams and/or Eric Wood state in the press that there are some players on the team that need to grow up and be more accountable?

I'm pretty sure this is an instance of what they were referring to. I hope he's not becoming a problem behind the scenes because he's starting to really blossom on the field.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fat and lazy? How do you know this?

It's quite simple. Last year he was fat, this year he is habitually late. Out of shape and late = fat and lazy.

I would guess he was probably late a lot last year too. He nipped one problem in the butt by getting in shape, hopefully he gets the message and becomes more professional as well

It's quite simple. Last year he was fat, this year he is habitually late. Out of shape and late = fat and lazy.

I would guess he was probably late a lot last year too. He nipped one problem in the butt by getting in shape, hopefully he gets the message and becomes more professional as well

You're "knowledge" is impressive.

Any chance we see Marcel cut or traded this offseason?

I think it'd be a mistake and its probably a pongshot, but I remember reading a post from someone indicating that possible 'big, unexpected changes' would be made to the roster this offseason, and that they would be due to players not fitting in with Marrone's culture.

I would be furious if it were to happen. You can't cut a young, probowl talent (and rd 1 draft pick). I'm getting frustrated just thinking of the possibility.

Any thoughts?

I think it'd be a mistake and its probably a pongshot, but I remember reading a post from someone indicating that possible 'big, unexpected changes' would be made to the roster this offseason, and that they would be due to players not fitting in with Marrone's culture.

I would be furious if it were to happen. You can't cut a young, probowl talent (and rd 1 draft pick). I'm getting frustrated just thinking of the possibility.

Any thoughts?

I don't see that happening at all. I think it's about Stevie Johnson, but we'll see.

Any thoughts?

Yesterday on the pregame show chris brown was suggesting there will be roster turnover that fans don't see coming because marrone will get rid of those who he has determined don't fit. Not suggesting he had Dareus in mind but he did say unexpected roster changes

I will not be surprised by any off season moves.

If Marrone is disciplining a player for being late than good for the team. How Dareus "rolls with it" is up to him. simply just dont be late . Would be the correct answer i suspect ?

Chris Brown is being odd stirring a pot that doesnt need to be stirred .

The Miami game showed some progress as a team .

Go Marcel !

Yesterday on the pregame show chris brown was suggesting there will be roster turnover that fans don't see coming because marrone will get rid of those who he has determined don't fit. Not suggesting he had Dareus in mind but he did say unexpected roster changes

I listened to the radio pregame too .One of the questions to the guys was about offseason upgrades , and the guys were pretty quick with a list.

I found it a bit offensive really. Brown has been a bit over the top . Someone eat his sandwich or something ?

Any thoughts?

Cut, no. Trade, I think it needs to be considered since he's only signed through 14.

I've mentioned it before, I think odds are low Dareus re-signs in Buffalo from what I've heard about him since he was drafted.

It's no different than someone coming in late at work all the time. It's not fair to the others . They might start feeling why should they be on time if others are always late . These guys make enough money where a fine wouldn't even be a slap on the wrist .........

It's no different than someone coming in late at work all the time. It's not fair to the others . They might start feeling why should they be on time if others are always late . These guys make enough money where a fine wouldn't even be a slap on the wrist .........

They are just kids who need discipline , keep in mind Dareus background and family history. Marrone needs to hold him , and every other player accountable. Thats being fair and stern .

LEELEE How did you get to trading MD from having the coach sit him for a quarter. What are you Glenn Beck ?

:)

Edited by 3rdand12

Whatever it was this quote by Dareus from Tim Graham's twitter doesnt make me feel good.

"It's not really nothing important," Dareus said. "It's just a quarter. I just missed a quarter. It's a team issue.

He used a double negative. What he actually said means it really was important. It's not a team issue it's his issue. Own up and be a man. If its your job to be on time, get your ass out of bed and be on time.

He used a double negative. What he actually said means it really was important. It's not a team issue it's his issue. Own up and be a man. If its your job to be on time, get your ass out of bed and be on time.

Exactly. Thats how i roll . Its more important than it seems to develop good habits like this . Oh yeah I'm a Dad .

Recall how Marrone gushed over how Kiko takes care of his body ? He shows up early and stays late . Prepares and prepares .

Thats the kinda coach we now have. It seems.

If thats the case , he has my vote .

A team of 53 guys, some who are millionaires. are not all going to be perfect A+ students and arrive early/leave late types. Just like at any workplace. For some that does not affect production. Marrone can't expect everyone to be like Kiko and I am sure that is why he pointed out his habits as exceptional. But that doesn't mean you cut or trade a top performer because he is late to meetings. You fine him or bench him for a qtr. You cut or trade a guy at his level who maybe gets a DUI, has drug/alcohol issues, conduct detrimental to the team, etc. This is minor stuff. JMO. The 49ers aren't cutting or trading Aldon Smith, that's for sure. You help the guy get to the place you want him to be. That's what Marrone is doing.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts? Youre probably wrong.