Marcell Dareus benched for 1st qr. for habitual lateness

Cant find if this is related to the same incidents or is Dareus sitting for the first half of Pats gamebecause he screwed up AFTER last weeks incidents ....if so, then Dareus needs to re evaluate his priorities because this does not look good.....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia: According to a league source, the #Bills benched Marcell Dareus in the 1st quarter for tardiness. Described to me as being "habitually late"

@JoeBuscaglia: The tardiness has been an ongoing thing with team meetings throughout the year, according to the source.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems to me like his head isn't in the game as much as some players. However, he is having one hell of a season...

If Marrone is in fact trying to build a winner then this is a minor thing , hell in life every body has to show up for work on time so what is the difference in the NFL ?

Sure he may be a "star" in the Bills organization but hey when it's time to go to work it's time to go . I'll bet Kyle isn't late !!

Don't know what happened to the guy, but maybe the lifestyle went to his head. Who knows, but I don't remember this stuff happening last year with Gailey at the helm. Perhaps it was happening but nothing leaked out.

I can see Dareus traded in the offseason for a mid round pick. The gifts of Nix that keep on giving.

Even before the death of his brother the guy looked huge and out of shape. After the death it took weeks to get back on track. He's been very up and down on the field and has looked tied to his work off the field. Has had a lot of up this year so not bashing him but he's definitely a guy that is still learning how to be a pro. Hopefully the light comes on and he plays like a beast full time.

Cant find if this is related to the same incidents or is Dareus sitting for the first half of Pats gamebecause he screwed up AFTER last weeks incidents ....if so, then Dareus needs to re evaluate his priorities because this does not look good.....

@JasonLaCanfora: I'm told Marcel Dareus being benched for part of the game, again, due to chronic lateness, including Mon, even w/late 11:30am reporting time

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Don't know what happened to the guy, but maybe the lifestyle went to his head. Who knows, but I don't remember this stuff happening last year with Gailey at the helm. Perhaps it was happening but nothing leaked out.

I can see Dareus traded in the offseason for a mid round pick. The gifts of Nix that keep on giving.

Trading Dareus for a mid round pick would be awful.

What the heck is wrong with Dareus? If he wants a trade , now is the perfect time with him making the pro bowl. Goes for Byrd also.

They should fine him big time from now on if he is 1 second late

Edited by ALF

Again!? C'mon Marcel this isn't high school, get your act together. :doh:

You may be right. That fifth round draft pick may jump offside on a field goal attempt in a close game.

yeah and he may be a top tier defensive player that has a great season; and be much better than Dareus-- OH WAIT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Stop alienating our top talent Marone...wtf.Hates Spiller. Hates Steve. Hates Dareus. Cool.

I wonder if Dareus is sending a message he wants out. Being late after being benched for being late habitually before? And being late for a 11:30 meeting, not exactly the crack of dawn.

I don't know where he thinks he's going to play with his attitude. Belichick has run better players out of town for much less. The guy isn't a winner.

Very disappointing and hopefully it's a giant wake up call.

But honestly, I have a hard time criticizing Dareus. Very few human beings have been what he has been through and he not even 25. The guy has 18.5 starts through 3 years as DT. But he still need to grow up a bit.

Armchair psychiatrist here: I think he might be depressed. For some reason, he strikes as a guy who smiles the most but there's a lot on his mind. JMO & if that's the case, I hope he finds someone to talk to.

yeah and he may be a top tier defensive player that has a great season; and be much better than Dareus-- OH WAIT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Stop alienating our top talent Marone...wtf.Hates Spiller. Hates Steve. Hates Dareus. Cool.

welcome to the board, please take your meds. Thanks.