Hate to say it..... (QB situation)

People like you see only what you want to see...I'm sure you were one of those who were calling Aaron Williams and Marcel Dareus busts last year...

Nope. I wasn't. And I don't think Ej is a bust necessarily either. I just don't want him to start next year. I want a quarterback who I have faith in that can lead this team to the playoffs. I want EJ to learn from an experienced vet and hopefully become the Qb that the Bills think he might become in a few years.

I just don't want him starting. I don't think he is good enough. And neither is any other QB on this roster right now. I want a real QB to lead this team right now while the rest of the pieces (read defense) are still in place.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did he miss so many games? Answer = because he couldn't stay healthy. One more reason to not have faith in him. Thanks for help in making my point.

Yes. Because any player who suffers a nagging injury in year one is clearly going to have injuries in subsequent years. The lack of reasoning on this board is astounding...

Nope. I wasn't. And I don't think Ej is a bust necessarily either. I just don't want him to start next year. I want a quarterback who I have faith in that can lead this team to the playoffs. I want EJ to learn from an experienced vet and hopefully become the Qb that the Bills think he might become in a few years.

I just don't want him starting. I don't think he is good enough. And neither is any other QB on this roster right now. I want a real QB to lead this team right now while the rest of the pieces (read defense) are still in place.

Well, good luck with all that... As for me, I think I'll just withhold my judgement until I actually have enough information to make a truly informed assessment.

The bottom line is throwing a deep ball that connects enough to be dangerous as Thad has been able to achieve is going to open up the running game which we have. Checking down makes any opposing defensive strategy easier. That is why when Nate Hackett opens up the playbook for EJ we are more successful. However opening up the playbook for success is fine but the you must factor in a players overall ability to stay healthy in a league that demands health. EJ has struggled with that and if his college days are any indication of how he will fair in terms of health in the NFL then the nod has to go to Thad at this point. 2-0 as a starter with an undeniable command of the offense even through the occasional failure. Something that EJ cannot boast. Something tells me and of course I cold be wrong because let's face it 2 games does not an NFL quarterback make. But something tells me that, and I quote... (Al Pacino, Devil's Advocate) "And they didn't even see me coming". Something tells me this Thad Lewis just might have the Eye Of The Tiger. I love being a Bills fan!

All I know is I seriously doubt EJ goes 2-0 vs Miami. Downplay what Thad did all u want but he got it done and looked much better than the seasoned Tannehill with fewer weapons.

Please! The Bills beat the Dolphins twice because primarily because of dominating performances by the defensive front seven. Big props to Fred Jackson too. Thad wasn't much of a factor in either win. He's a career backup QB at best.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He reminds me of 38-year old concussed drew Bledsoe. Has that very glassy look in his eyes.

who wouldn't after 7 sacks

This board is ridiculous. Anyone who thinks the Bills aren't contending with Alex Smith right now is crazy. There is a reason the Bills pursued him more than any other team and forced KC to give up TWO draft picks. The Bills knew it, too. But on this board they are happy with TL throwing for no TD's beacuse he's the backup. Suggest Alex Smith and no one wants him because he's not Peyton Manning. Unreal...

:thumbsup:

Smith definitely would have been an impact player for us, and may have been the difference in competing for a playoff spot instead of wrecking other teams playoff chances, while looking up from the basement again.

:thumbsup:

Bills should sign a vet and draft someone like Murray or Mettenberger in the 2nd or 3rd. Take Manziel if he is there for you in the 1st, he has elite accuracy and is going to be a star. Bills training camp QB's should be EJ, Vet, draft pick and Lewis. If they don't do something like this then they are inept.

I think the Bills should ship Stevie Johnson for a mid round draft pick and go after a Top WR in the draft. THey need to give tools for EJ to succeed on the vertical game

Neither are starting NFL Qbs in my opinion, and I agree that the Bills need to draft another QB in 2014, which they probably won't.

My point is, if the 1st rd. QB is that close to the PS QB, what have you really got?

What was the gameplan today? Run and throw go routes? That kind of game plan isn't going to beat many teams. I gave serious questions about this offensive staff

I would have liked to see Thad throw more 5-10 and 10-20 yard passes instead of throwing bombs every other play.

yeah but at least Hackett is starting to use the screen play more. I think if he had used it early in the season we would have won a few more games. Our team runs it very well. Eric Wood's favorite play. He said it lets him hit little linebackers and Dbacks so he likes it.

Yes. Because any player who suffers a nagging injury in year one is clearly going to have injuries in subsequent years. The lack of reasoning on this board is astounding...

So, I guess EJ has no health concerns: got it.

Thad was ok today, EJ is the best QB on the team. Let's see Thad win a game when they aren't running for 200+ yards.

You know what's funny with this comment? If EJ threw (or was allowed to throw) the ball downfield with any kind of a threat, there would be more room for the RB's to run, but instead he likes to look and throw within 10 yds of the line of scrimmage. Hard to run with all those guys in the box.

I have to agree with you IslandBillsFan. At least Thad has the balls to throw the ball down field. I know EJ needs more time before we can say he is a bust, but so far he hasn't shown me that he won't be. I see EJ as a bust at this point but I hope he proves me wrong and improves next year. Right now EJ isn't even an average quarterback, he stinks up the joint. Thad may not be an elite quarterback but at least he can move the team. EJ is three and out the majority of his drives. :flirt:

Edited by littlelouie

Neither are starting NFL Qbs in my opinion, and I agree that the Bills need to draft another QB in 2014, which they probably won't.

My point is, if the 1st rd. QB is that close to the PS QB, what have you really got?

Good question. As a much reviled BN columnist noted tonight, a very good defense and a solid running game isn't enough in the modern NFL. The issue remains that they didn't answer the QB question going into 2014.

The whole coaching staff for the Buffalo Bills are college level coaches who are in over their heads. Not good. Amateurs. We have little in the way of QBs and even less in the way of coaches who know how to develop/coach QBs.

On the other hand, to counter your implication that college coaches are a bad thing, do the names Chip Kelly, Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll ring a bell?

The bottom line is throwing a deep ball that connects enough to be dangerous as Thad has been able to achieve is going to open up the running game which we have. Checking down makes any opposing defensive strategy easier. That is why when Nate Hackett opens up the playbook for EJ we are more successful. However opening up the playbook for success is fine but the you must factor in a players overall ability to stay healthy in a league that demands health. EJ has struggled with that and if his college days are any indication of how he will fair in terms of health in the NFL then the nod has to go to Thad at this point. 2-0 as a starter with an undeniable command of the offense even through the occasional failure. Something that EJ cannot boast. Something tells me and of course I cold be wrong because let's face it 2 games does not an NFL quarterback make. But something tells me that, and I quote... (Al Pacino, Devil's Advocate) "And they didn't even see me coming". Something tells me this Thad Lewis just might have the Eye Of The Tiger. I love being a Bills fan!

First of all, are you even aware of EJ's injury history in college? I think he missed only 1 game.

Second, Thad isn't 2-0 as the starter. He's 2-2 with those 2 wins coming despite Thad starting not because of.

But don't let facts get in the way.....

Edited by Bangarang

Says the guy who said Bruce Irvin was a 3rd or 4th rounder.

You remember where I had Bruce Irvin two years ago? Cause I don't. But I don't think many people had him going in the teens.

The point is EJ, not Bruce Irvin.

I don't think EJ is very good. Sorry I don't watch through my rose colored glasses. It seems like the people who voice their concern with EJ are dismissed around here by people that are so desperate for a franchise Qb they dismiss his shortcomings with excuses for poor play like "he's a rookie" or "he's been hurt" and "he has great upside". What I see is a guy who is a slow starter and didn't throw consistently accurately in college and doesn't in the pros either. Now people will cite his completion percentage in college but it you actually watched florida state you know he was not accurate. Accuracy is rarely improved upon to the level he needs improving so I have my doubts.

I hope I'm wrong and he turns into a great player. I haven't seen much to suggest he will.