Hate to say it..... (QB situation)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what's been displayed thus far, Thad is the better quarterback AND has shown three things Manuel hasn't:

1. Pocket presence. While Thad did get blindsided on a corner blitz he should've capitalized on, he by far has shown a better feel of the rush.

2. Quick decision making. No comparison. Ole Slow Eyes runs at 75 percent speed.

3. Instinctive ability to know to take a hit. Bizarre thing about EJ -- he takes hits harder than he needs to and at the same time goes down quicker than he should other times. Couple that with long skinny legs and a glass knee...

By no means saying Thad should be the guy going forward. EJ appears to have the X factor and better physical attributes and better throwing mechanics, sans footwork. Take this for what it is -- an evaluation of the now.

Exactly. I don't understand the need to protect EJ by bashing Thad that some fans feel compelled to do. Eyeball test tells me Thad is the better QB right now.

I do not think EJ our Thad have shown anything to justify being a good NFL QB. But at this point if I have a choice of who to start for a game I choose Thad. My argument goes like this:

1. Both are horribly inaccurate. So no advantage either way here.

2. EJ checks down. Thad airs it out. On a third and long I'll take my chances with a 20 yard jump ball rather than a 3 yard check down.

3. Thad has emotion. He was visually upset when he misses throws. If EJ misses Hogan like Thad did, EJ would jog off. Thad was on the ground pissed off.

Obviously, I am just a fan and do not see the practices or many of the inner mechanics of the game. However, based on these few principles I like Thad.

The only argument I can see for EJ (and I am sure I will hear it in a bunch of responses) is that EJ is a work in progress and has been battling injuries. For me personally, I am tired of excuses and waiting.

Last point, going into next season I would rather have a proven veteran or another first round draft QB. But between the EJ and Thad, give me Thaddeus or give me death.

I'l tell you what, if E.J. doesnt play next week because of the knee AND Thad goes on the road AND beats the Pats, then we can talk.

But I do like Thad and I don't think he gets enough credit for what he has done.

Lets not forget that he was picked up during the year and didnt have training camp to learn the offence.

And I do like that he does throw it down the field. And the coaching staffs already has him ahead of Tuel.

A blind squirrel...

Its your point of view my man that is extremely myopic.

We drum a playoff team whose head coach is a few years removed from serving as OC of a SB winning franchise, and all you can say is our coaching staff are a bunch of college guys over their heads?

Let the sun in bud.

Edited by dezertbill

Its your point of view my man that is extremely myopic.

We drum a playoff team whose head coach is a few years removed from serving as OC of a SB winning franchise, and all you can say is our coaching staff are a bunch of college guys over their heads?

Let the sun in bud.

You select one game out the whole season of bad Buffalo Bills football and you say that I'm myopic?

I'm from Syracuse and I was high as a kite about Marrone, et al, coming to the Buffalo Bills. Now my opinion has changed 100%.

I do not think EJ our Thad have shown anything to justify being a good NFL QB. But at this point if I have a choice of who to start for a game I choose Thad. My argument goes like this:

2. EJ checks down. Thad airs it out. On a third and long I'll take my chances with a 20 yard jump ball rather than a 3 yard check down.

3. Thad has emotion. He was visually upset when he misses throws. If EJ misses Hogan like Thad did, EJ would jog off. Thad was on the ground pissed off.

Obviously, I am just a fan and do not see the practices or many of the inner mechanics of the game. However, based on these few principles I like Thad.

The only argument I can see for EJ (and I am sure I will hear it in a bunch of responses) is that EJ is a work in progress and has been battling injuries. For me personally, I am tired of excuses and waiting.

Last point, going into next season I would rather have a proven veteran or another first round draft QB. But between the EJ and Thad, give me Thaddeus or give me death.

No, you don't hate to say it. You love saying it.

If EJ played I think he would have put up comparable stats as Thad did which was nothing special. The key to today's victory was our ability to run the ball down the dolphins throats.

The Bills are playing for the future and are banking on the upside of their rookie QB. The biggest concern with EJ has been his inability to stay healthy. He has missed valuable development time which has hampered his progress.

this team with a "Franchise QB" would have 5 additional wins and be in the Playoffs.

EJ & Thad will NEVER be Franchise QB's (Top 10)

I swear 1k of your 5k posts have stated this exact same thing. I know you have something more to offer than just this tired sentiment over and over again.

You select one game out the whole season of bad Buffalo Bills football and you say that I'm myopic?

I'm from Syracuse and I was high as a kite about Marrone, et al, coming to the Buffalo Bills. Now my opinion has changed 100%.

What would you like them to do and who would you like them to hire?

Last point,

going into next season I would rather have a proven veteran or another first round draft QB.

But between the EJ and Thad, give me Thaddeus or give me death.

This is why I wanted Alex Smith, who is worth all those picks because playoffs are better than hoping a rookie develops. Then when the player is right groom a guy behind him.

Pittsburgh trade us Roethlisberger please!!! 0:) 0:) 0:)

EJ is going to BE THE STARTER.

I agree but he has got to put in big time work this off season. Thad Lewis makes quicker decisions and he's willing to try to go down the field EJ has to do that more often and he needs to get his foot work right. LOng term though we seem to have a good one/two combination. Why sign a veteran backup when we can develop the two young guys.

What was the gameplan today? Run and throw go routes? That kind of game plan isn't going to beat many teams. I gave serious questions about this offensive staff

I would have liked to see Thad throw more 5-10 and 10-20 yard passes instead of throwing bombs every other play.

Seriously?! watching EJ dink and dunk all day is nauseating.