Hate to say it..... (QB situation)

You have been fantasizing about Talleywhacker for years. Talleywhacker went very limp today. Now it's Alex Smith?

Are you really gonna cherry pick today for Tannenhill? His linemen hung him out to dry. Hartline dropped at least 4, maybe more, catchable balls. Their run game was nonexistent. He went toe to toe with Brady last week and had a game winning drive, threw for 300 yards and 3 TD's. I don't think he's incredible but that's just ridiculous.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man we would look good with Luck, Tannehill, and Kaepernick...

Dude you're friggin high if you don't think Alex smith is serious upgrade, Why do you think KC wanted him and now they are in the playoffs and we are spinning our wheels.

This board is ridiculous. Anyone who thinks the Bills aren't contending with Alex Smith right now is crazy. There is a reason the Bills pursued him more than any other team and forced KC to give up TWO draft picks. The Bills knew it, too. But on this board they are happy with TL throwing for no TD's beacuse he's the backup. Suggest Alex Smith and no one wants him because he's not Peyton Manning. Unreal...

This thread is laughable. Thad is 26 years old and EJ is 23 years old. Thad is a three year veteran and EJ is a rookie. Thad has had almost no pressure or expectations (this is a huge factor) while EJ had a lot of pressure to perform as a 1st round selected franchise level QB. All the while having a rookie OC, Scott Chandler as his TE and his WRs being Stevie Johnson and a couple rookies.

I get people worried about EJ being injury prone, what I don't get is the ridiculous fans who think they know that Manuel is not the answer and are ready to dump him because he didn't have a Luck, RGIII or Wilson rookie season. That's just plain silly. Last year was the exception to the norm.

I think Manuel has done a good job as a rookie QB and has performed to the expectations of what most thought he would be in his first season. He does need to stay healthy and his game does need to progress to another level in the 2014 season. I see no reason why it wouldn't. I think the newness of the NFL game and the pressure of being a 1st round QB selection shook Manuel a little bit at the start of games. Once the game started and he was in the battle in the games that were close, he seemed to always step up in those situations. That's a sign that the guy has what it takes. What he needs to do next year is learn to stop over thinking and just let his football instincts and competitiveness take over.

I bet Thad could take EJ in a fight.

I do not think EJ our Thad have shown anything to justify being a good NFL QB. But at this point if I have a choice of who to start for a game I choose Thad. My argument goes like this:

1. Both are horribly inaccurate. So no advantage either way here.

2. EJ checks down. Thad airs it out. On a third and long I'll take my chances with a 20 yard jump ball rather than a 3 yard check down.

3. Thad has emotion. He was visually upset when he misses throws. If EJ misses Hogan like Thad did, EJ would jog off. Thad was on the ground pissed off.

Obviously, I am just a fan and do not see the practices or many of the inner mechanics of the game. However, based on these few principles I like Thad.

The only argument I can see for EJ (and I am sure I will hear it in a bunch of responses) is that EJ is a work in progress and has been battling injuries. For me personally, I am tired of excuses and waiting.

Last point, going into next season I would rather have a proven veteran or another first round draft QB. But between the EJ and Thad, give me Thaddeus or give me death.

wow... troll post of the year. and this thread is on page 4 already...testament to how ridiculous the premise is that thad lewis is a starting nfl QB.

(just in case you are not trolling or high) I am not sold on Manuel AT ALL, but Lewis was HORRIBLE today....missing open receivers all day long. we should have scored at least 4 TDs today and didn't because of awful qb play. I don't even want him as the back up next year.

I do not think EJ our Thad have shown anything to justify being a good NFL QB. But at this point if I have a choice of who to start for a game I choose Thad. My argument goes like this:

1. Both are horribly inaccurate. So no advantage either way here.

2. EJ checks down. Thad airs it out. On a third and long I'll take my chances with a 20 yard jump ball rather than a 3 yard check down.

3. Thad has emotion. He was visually upset when he misses throws. If EJ misses Hogan like Thad did, EJ would jog off. Thad was on the ground pissed off.

Obviously, I am just a fan and do not see the practices or many of the inner mechanics of the game. However, based on these few principles I like Thad.

The only argument I can see for EJ (and I am sure I will hear it in a bunch of responses) is that EJ is a work in progress and has been battling injuries. For me personally, I am tired of excuses and waiting.

Last point, going into next season I would rather have a proven veteran or another first round draft QB. But between the EJ and Thad, give me Thaddeus or give me death.

I find the timing of this very odd. Surely your thoughts about EJ having no chance to become good would be better placed directly after a game he played in, not one that he didn't.

My sense after watching the Bills this season so far is that there isn't one good quarterback on this team.

So, one way or another, they better get one so we have a chance to go deep in the playoffs with this defense. If they wait for EJ to be good, I fear that this defense will slowly disintegrate while waiting.

The weakest link on this team is QB. Get one for next year and make a run.

The idea people are talking about an undrafted free agent on his fourth team in his four seasons versus the teams' first round rookie QB says all that needs to be said. The answer to the QB question remains unanswered going into 2014.

Edited by BillsVet

Just as an FYI, some ESPN talking heads said Thad will be one of the most sought after QBs in the offseason. This was before today... When he did a helluva lot more in those conditions minus 3 receivers. So let's not think he just some schlub backup QB. He's pretty good and I want the Bills to keep him.

EJ has shown some very good things, and hasn't given the Bills any reason to lose faith in him.

Hahaha........lol......

Either you are kidding or delusional.

I think the exact opposite is more true.

EJ hasn't show very many good things and hasn't given the Bills any reason to have faith in him.

The idea people are talking about an undrafted free agent on his fourth team in his four seasons versus the teams' first round rookie QB says all that needs to be said. The answer to the QB question remains unanswered going into 2014.

Right. Rookie QB's with all of one NFL training camp under their belts rarely post boxcar numbers. Unanswered is correct. That is PRECISELY why EJM will start in 2014. The Bills need to answer the question they felt was worth their 2014 pick. Why is this so hard to grasp for so many? Another high pick is another unanswered ?. The Bills tried for Alex Smith this season. They either try for next years A Smith (Cutler?) or stick with EJM. Cue up the responses as to why the firmly established NFL starter Cutler will not do. He's a d-bag, etc, blah blah blah, etc. Amazing that QB starved Bills fans would want to see Thad Lewis. Folks are just delirious at this point.

Just as an FYI, some ESPN talking heads said Thad will be one of the most sought after QBs in the offseason. This was before today... When he did a helluva lot more in those conditions minus 3 receivers. So let's not think he just some schlub backup QB. He's pretty good and I want the Bills to keep him.

That may have changed AFTER today. I'd take a Cutler, McCown, Schaub, over Thad Lewis for sure.

You have been fantasizing about Talleywhacker for years. Talleywhacker went very limp today. Now it's Alex Smith?

Smith definitely would have been an impact player for us, and may have been the difference in competing for a playoff spot instead of wrecking other teams playoff chances, while looking up from the basement again.

Thad's stats are a little better (EJ's haven't changed much since he returned) but this is really a wash; based on what we have seen this year these guys are about equal. EJ has to be the starter becasue he was drafted in the first round.

Hahaha........lol......

Either you are kidding or delusional.

I think the exact opposite is more true.

EJ hasn't show very many good things and hasn't given the Bills any reason to have faith in him.

Really? EJ is a rookie QB who missed half of the preseason, another 5 weeks during the regular season, and has only played 8 complete games...I think I'll wait before I write him off...

Really? EJ is a rookie QB who missed half of the preseason, another 5 weeks during the regular season, and has only played 8 complete games...I think I'll wait before I write him off...

Yeah really, so what if the guy has been injured 3 different times and missed half the games of his first season--let's see what he can do!

Why did he miss so many games? Answer = because he couldn't stay healthy. One more reason to not have faith in him. Thanks for help in making my point.

Why did he miss so many games? Answer = because he couldn't stay healthy. One more reason to not have faith in him. Thanks for help in making my point.

People like you see only what you want to see...I'm sure you were one of those who were calling Aaron Williams and Marcel Dareus busts last year...