Matt Stafford...wow

Big Turk

Stafford once again making terrible throws, picked off three times, including the first play from the 20 with 38 seconds left after Baltimore took a two point lead...

He has turned the ball over 21 times this season himself...

He can make great throws but like Romo can get careless with the football way too often...

Not sure what Detroit does...pretty clear he is going to be a "stat" guy and not a playoff guy...putting up big numbers during the season but not getting to the playoffs or making early exits...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what Detroit does...pretty clear he is going to be a "stat" guy and not a playoff guy...putting up big numbers during the season but not getting to the playoffs or making early exits...

Here's a stat for you....they said on the telecast that Stafford's contract includes $94 million guaranteed money, so if that is true I don't think Stafford is going anywhere anytime soon...even if he continues turning in sub-par performances.

Didn't DET make the playoffs a couple years ago?

YEP

Here's a stat for you....they said on the telecast that Stafford's contract includes $94 million guaranteed money, so if that is true I don't think Stafford is going anywhere anytime soon...even if he continues turning in sub-par performances.

Him....just about what Romo has.

Even if he had caught it, no way he could have gotten 2 feet in. It was a bad pass too far out of bounds.

I don't agree. I think it's his job to make that catch. Looks like he dove back for it instead of just readjusting his body while staying in bounds. If he's supposed to be the best ever or at least best in our generation then I think he needs to make that play or run a better route that keeps him in bounds. High expectations sure but I think everyone expects more out of him than your typical receiver

Calvin Johnson had a couple of key drops which may have cost them the game and now has nine on the year.

So weird. I thought only Stevie dropped passes. Guess the lions should cut this bum also.

The trade off of course being he catches about 20 or so a year Stevie couldn't even get his hands on yet alone drop. The things johnson does are amazing.

Calvin Johnson had a couple of key drops which may have cost them the game and now has nine on the year.

So weird. I thought only Stevie dropped passes. Guess the lions should cut this bum also.

True, becasue Stevie is just as much a dynamic playmaker as Johnson. /sarcasm

The trade off of course being he catches about 20 or so a year Stevie couldn't even get his hands on yet alone drop. The things johnson does are amazing.

Those two drops *almost* cost my fantasy team, but I still squeaked into the finals. :blush:

I don't know what was up with Calvin - he made the tough catches, but the ones that hit him between the 8 & the 1 were dropped. Perhaps they were too easy for him.

Edited by BuffaloWings

In my keeper fantasy league, he's been my QB for the last 2 years. I haven't made the playoffs in 2 years. :death: Basically, there are like 5 times a year where he is going to be horrible. One of the top things I look for in a good Qb is taking care of the football. Stafford is way too loose with the ball. Turnovers kill teams. He will not be a keeper next year. Take that Matt!

Also worth pointing out Stafford's rookie year. 2-8 (W-L record is still misleading for QBs), 53.3 %, 13 tds, 20 ints, 6 ypa, 61 QB rating, he was the #1 overall pick and played with the best wr in the NFL. EJ has better stats across the board than MS yet some folks want to give up him. Makes sense. :nana:

OMG! Big time players are expected to make big time plays. I was pretty shocked and more so disappointed on Megatron's play last night. However, looking at the game from a bigger picture, when your star players are not making star plays on the the Big stage with playoffs on the line, need to take a hard look at the leadership of the organization. The Lions as an organization have ZERO mental toughness and obviously dont know what it means to get fully prepared for critical ball games.

On another note - I have Megatron in one of my fantasy leagues and I expected him to have a great. Who did I go against? Justin Tucker ad Reggie Bush. When I saw Megatron's first two drops, I knew I was in trouble. Hats off to Justin Tucker.

Here come the Ravens.

Ok, but let's be fair about this. I'm all for trading or dropping SJ - take that bias into account - but Megatron is a freak athlete and need we be reminded of the 300 yard receiving game earlier this year? Or the multiple times that Megatron has "carried" that offense and made a significant difference in the outcome of a game?? I know you're not comparing the two talent wise, but at the same time by making the sarcastic comment about how the Lions should "cut this bum also" due to drops much like SJ, that's myopic and lacking serious perspective. So, on the one hand you can't claim you're not comparing the two when in the other hand you just did...so, let's cut the silliness and realize there's no way on God's green earth SJ is ANYTHING like Megatron, in talent or production.

The first drop was completely unforgivable for a receiver of his caliber. There was just no understanding how that happened. But while his drops likely played a role in their loss, nothing played a bigger role than the endzone PI against the Ravens defender that didn't get called. It was a critical third-down play, and given how well they were running last night, Bush is easily in for the TD from the one on three tries. Ref completely fubar'ed that call. If only Brady* were throwing the ball, flags would be flying.

Stafford, on the other hand, just goes to prove how much thoughtless emotion comes from message board fans who see QBs like Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick as the rule and guys like Stafford and Romo and RGIII as the exception. There isn't a single fan on this or any other board who can confidently look at the play of EJ Manuel and make anything other than a wild guess about what kind of quarterback he will be.

But, y'know, we should use our #1 pick on another QB next year...just in case.