Tashard Choice released, Wingo's role to increase

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I'm surprised. As a 3rd string back I thought he was adequate. Maybe they feel like there is more talent out there. RB is a tricky position. There's usually tons of good RB's and their careers don't last very long so it's always a revolving door. Fred seems to be the exception

Maybe making room for Peyton Hillis?? ohhhh, wait...he's on the Bucs.

Still funny....

this news is sad as my boys loved yelling his name when he would scamper for a 1 yard gain...

"TAAAAH SHARD!!!! If you need one yard he'll get you one yard,...if you need 2 yards he'll get you one yard!!!!!"

Meeks return?

Was thinking the same thing, you just got to it first. The only problem is this is a week early, than, because if I remember right, this is a week early, as Meeks is still roster exempt this week to, and NEXT week is when they had to make the decision to activate him (and make room on the roster), or to season-ending IR him. I could be wrong, though.

Doesn't make sense to release him, considering his effectiveness as the all-purpose backup. Something must have happened. If Wingo wowed them in practice, why not give him a few carries when Spiller was out? Odd timing to say the least.

Special Teamer too, though I suppose that might not be in his favor given the ST general suckitude. Still, color me surprised and a little confused.

we really owe that guy an apology

Most certainly.

Still funny....

this news is sad as my boys loved yelling his name when he would scamper for a 1 yard gain...

"TAAAAH SHARD!!!! If you need one yard he'll get you one yard,...if you need 2 yards he'll get you one yard!!!!!"

That's so true...funny stuff.

They need depth at HB in 2014. That position is difficult to plan for because it is always fragile and yet most teams don't like to spend high draft picks for their running game. Choice wasn't going to be a long term answer, so they may get a look at Wingo and see if they like him or need to be thinking about spending a mid-round pick in next year's draft to beef up the running game.

Was thinking the same thing, you just got to it first. The only problem is this is a week early, than, because if I remember right, this is a week early, as Meeks is still roster exempt this week to, and NEXT week is when they had to make the decision to activate him (and make room on the roster), or to season-ending IR him. I could be wrong, though.

S Meeks back practicing

Posted by Chris Brown on November 25, 2013 – 10:56 am

Bills rookie safety Jonathan Meeks is back practicing for the first times in six weeks.

Meeks was placed in injured reserve, but with the designation to return label. That meant he could begin practicing again six weeks after being place on I-R if healthy enough to do so.

He can practice for two weeks and at that point the team can put him back on their 53-man roster if they so choose.

I don't think he was particularly effective

I beg to differ. He's a better 3rd down back than Spiller and was a good change of pace option as the No. 3. He also contributed on special teams. The Bills' mouthpiece is speculating that this will give Wingo a time to shine. Perhaps. I just find it odd that they made this move without seeing Wingo during any real plays.

I beg to differ. He's a better 3rd down back than Spiller and was a good change of pace option as the No. 3. He also contributed on special teams. The Bills' mouthpiece is speculating that this will give Wingo a time to shine. Perhaps. I just find it odd that they made this move without seeing Wingo during any real plays.

Fair enough re: Choice. But I think Summers may have shown more as a short yardage RB.

Combine that with the fact that Meeks is ready to return (see earlier posts) and the staff may have felt it has more to gain by giving Meeks an opportunity. Choice's skills and limitations are already well known and we have Spiller, Jackson and Summers to man the HB, FB spots

Fair enough re: Choice. But I think Summers may have shown more as a short yardage RB.

Combine that with the fact that Meeks is ready to return (see earlier posts) and the staff may have felt it has more to gain by giving Meeks an opportunity. Choice's skills and limitations are already well known and we have Spiller, Jackson and Summers to man the HB, FB spots

people forget that Summers was a RB in college, and drafted as a RB. He was in the mold of a Bettis.

He shewdly put on even more weight, and has been able to stick as a FB. But he has the ball and running skills of a RB.

Doesn't make sense to release him, considering his effectiveness as the all-purpose backup. Something must have happened. If Wingo wowed them in practice, why not give him a few carries when Spiller was out? Odd timing to say the least.

Not strange timing, logical timing. Bills are now out of playoff contention, these games remaining are nothing but the first of the 2014 preseason games. Choice will get his whole years salary anyhow, and might get resigned again if they need him and he hasn't been picked up elsewhere. Choice is a journeyman back, and has worked for several teams. He might kick around the league some few more years. (Of course, the Bills have to play the first teamers against anybody who has playoff asperations/homefield considerations. But, the next two weeks are not in that category)