What do you hate or love most about the holiday season?

hate carting up bin after bin after bin full of holiday crap from the basement.

like decorating the tree and seeing it when done

hate putting everything away and carting down bin after bin after bin full of holiday crap to the basement

I love decorating and seeing the finished product.

I love watching my son open his presents.

I hate taking the lights off of the tree. I light from the inside out. It's a B word getting to the ones on the inside.

I hate the drama my brother's B word wife brings with her. She has "had other plans" for the past two years. I hope the streak stays alive (and hope she doesn't).

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Hmmmm, I swear I already answered this one.

Love: getting gifts

Hate: giving gifts

you did, CBF deleted his original thread and started another. Maybe he didn't like your answer.

!@#$ing commercials.

Of course, nowadays I'm sick of holiday commercials by Halloween.

On a similar note, radio stations that start playing Christmas songs 24 hours a day before Thanksgiving. There was one station here this year that started before Halloween!

you did, CBF deleted his original thread and started another. Maybe he didn't like your answer.

On a similar note, radio stations that start playing Christmas songs 24 hours a day before Thanksgiving. There was one station here this year that started before Halloween!

There's one radio station around her that did that for a day in July.

It was hilarious...for about three minutes.

I am in the minority on this, and this may sound a little sappy..but I love Christmas...

I grew up in a large family that had little money...we really went without a lot of the things that our peers had...but somehow, my folks always managed to make Christmas great for us... we were kids, we all wanted stuff...to get a whole bunch of stuff on one glorious morning was just the greatest thing...I can't ever remember being disappointed...all of us (there were 8 kids) were off from school and played together...we got along famously, for the most part... so, when people get all pissed off because they start celebrating Christmas too early these days, I keep it to myself, but think, "jeez, the other 10 months of the year are so ugly, why not stretch it out?" Of course, now, I could care less about getting gifts, but I love to give what I can...and I love the extra consideration and kindness that people display (for the most part) through the holiday season...I wish it did last all year...

What I hate: as an adult, the (justified) cynicism about the holiday makes me sad...and I whenever I hear a Christmas song, a day or two after Christmas it makes me a little melancholy.

Edited by Buftex

I am in the minority on this, and this may sound a little sappy..but I love Christmas...

I grew up in a large family that had little money...we really went without a lot of the things that our peers had...but somehow, my folks always managed to make Christmas great for us... we were kids, we all wanted stuff...to get a whole bunch of stuff on one glorious morning was just the greatest thing...I can't ever remember being disappointed...all of us (there were 8 kids) were off from school and played together...we got along famously, for the most part... so, when people get all pissed off because they start celebrating Christmas too early these days, I keep it to myself, but think, "jeez, the other 10 months of the year are so ugly, why not stretch it out?" Of course, now, I could care less about getting gifts, but I love to give what I can...and I love the extra consideration and kindness that people display (for the most part) through the holiday season...I wish it did last all year...

What I hate: as an adult, the (justified) cynicism about the holiday makes me sad...and I whenever I hear a Christmas song, a day or two after Christmas it makes me a little melancholy.

:thumbsup:

Great story Buftex

:thumbsup:

Great story Buftex

I will second that.....just a great post Buftex.

I love Christmas for the memories as you said!

I hate it cause I know my kids do not have/ will not have those same type of memories...makes me feel bad as a dad as I think it is my fault in many ways

Edited by plenzmd1