Why isn't anyone talking about Stevie?

Alphadawg7

No blaming God for that inexcusable fumble at a critical time.

Are you kidding? God is on him big time. When do you see an NFL player be that stupid? I mean how long has ST been in the NFL? Do you not know how to protect the ball?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cut Stevie Johnson NOW thread I started got closed, guess this is where I need to express my frustration with him. Here was my post. Both Johnson and Chandler have been on this team for a long time and the team has done nothing but lose. There is a losing culture, and these two have been dropping and fumbling balls for years, costing us games. Cutting shows to this young and growing team that choking is unacceptable. And for all of you Stevie apologist's, I really don't care that he is open on "film", does he make plays when the game is on the line? Rarely, and his showboating attitude costs us as well. How can this team be cured if we don't cut out the cancer?

Edited by ET1062

Diva needed and got a dose of humble pie today.

How many times does he need a dose of humble pie? He should have choked to death on it by now......

Well at least he caught the winning TD against Carolina this year....lol

He's just a loser with a big mouth. He doesn't bring anything to this franchise that a hundred other guys wouldn't do. I'd love it if he were simply released tomorrow, but that makes too much sense, so Ralph will probably pop up out of his coma and give him a five-year extension.

SJ13 simply isn't "professional". I watched in absolute horror when he said he doesn't work out in the offseason. What professional athlete says something like that in public? More importantly, what elite athlete who suffers avoidable groin and hammy injuries misses the correlation?

Johnson is an all too typical "professional" who doesn't spend enough time figuring out why he's not as good as he could be. He concentrates on what he does well and ignores his too often exposed flaws. He's a microcosm of what's been wrong with this franchise for far too long.

And for as much blame as I am giving to Stevie Johnson, more blame goes to Russ Brandon for whoring out this game year after year. 1-5 and letting our suitor spend a weekend with us. Nice job Russ, the old man should fire you too!

Edited by ET1062

And for as much blame as I am giving to Stevie Johnson, more blame goes to Russ Brandon for whoring out this game year after year. 1-5 and letting our suitor spend a weekend with us. Nice job Russ, the old man should fire you too!

If this team can't win in neutral environments, can we expect them to win away games? If not, 7-9 is our ceiling.

AFter all the years of being a jackoff, now he needs humble pie? He should have been cut a few years ago.

His replacement is finally on the team (Robert Woods). Stevie has talent but the attitude has hampered his development. Time for him to go play some where else.

The cut Stevie now posts are annoying. Sure. He fumbled. It didn't cost is the game. He just didn't win it. It went into OT and Chandler lost the game for us. Or maybe we can blame the defense for not stopping them after that fumble. Or maybe Pettine for not getting them ready. Or maybe Marrone for hiring Pettine. How about Whaley for hiring Marrone. Oh, I got it, Russ for hiring Doug. No... Wait, it's for Ralph hiring Russ. Oh crap!!! It's for Ralph's B%#^H of a mother for having Ralph back in 1742.

Get a grip people. We gave up the game today on all sides of the ball. We played like chit and didn't deserve to win. Nobody has ever said SJ is Jerry Rice. But he is a solid WR. Cutting him would make this team worse at the WR position.

I'm not on the "cut Stevie" train, but I'm done defending him.

How is it possible that the 2 most veteran pass catchers on this team completely abandon their rookie QB when he twice makes plays to put them in position to win that game?

It's brutal.

Both players need to be held accountable; it's totally unacceptable

I've met Chandler multiple times and like him quite a bit...he should not be re-signed in the offseason though. Just not good enough.

Stevie's a tougher call. He can make plays when oh need them, but he's killed this team with mistakes too often for me to defend now. I think he should be playing for his job these last 4 games.

The guy I feel for is EJ...kid made two good throws at critical times and kept his composure when he needed to; he deserved to get better support from his top WR & TE.

Frustrating...

Stevie's still a good WR but your not in great shape if he's your best WR. It doesnt look like he will be our best long term. I'm ok with him filling a role instead of being the primary guy, assuming the others keep growing or we add more talent. We will see.

Between Stevie, chandler, fitz and George Wilson today it was easy to see why we had a team that had a fighting chance but wasn't good enough the last few years.

Edited by NoSaint

The cut Stevie now posts are annoying. Sure. He fumbled. It didn't cost is the game. He just didn't win it. It went into OT and Chandler lost the game for us. Or maybe we can blame the defense for not stopping them after that fumble. Or maybe Pettine for not getting them ready. Or maybe Marrone for hiring Pettine. How about Whaley for hiring Marrone. Oh, I got it, Russ for hiring Doug. No... Wait, it's for Ralph hiring Russ. Oh crap!!! It's for Ralph's B%#^H of a mother for having Ralph back in 1742.

Get a grip people. We gave up the game today on all sides of the ball. We played like chit and didn't deserve to win. Nobody has ever said SJ is Jerry Rice. But he is a solid WR. Cutting him would make this team worse at the WR position.

If Stevie holds onto that ball, Chandler doesn't lose that ball because the game is over. Stevie has a hall of fame mouth and pop Warner hands! Edited by thebug

I'm not on the "cut Stevie" train, but I'm done defending him.

How is it possible that the 2 most veteran pass catchers on this team completely abandon their rookie QB when he twice makes plays to put them in position to win that game?

It's brutal.

Both players need to be held accountable; it's totally unacceptable

I've met Chandler multiple times and like him quite a bit...he should not be re-signed in the offseason though. Just not good enough.

Stevie's a tougher call. He can make plays when oh need them, but he's killed this team with mistakes too often for me to defend now. I think he should be playing for his job these last 4 games.

The guy I feel for is EJ...kid made two good throws at critical times and kept his composure when he needed to; he deserved to get better support from his top WR & TE.

Frustrating...

I agree with you about not cutting Stevie. I'm not on that train. The defense pissed me off more earlier. They were a complete sieve. I'd be more pissed if I was EJ going up 14-0 and the defense doing nothing to help. Absolutely nothing.

The fumbles were just icing in the cake.