Why isn't anyone talking about Stevie?

Alphadawg7

He's an average football player with a crappy attitude. No reason for a 16 page thread on it. Next year he will be #2 behind Woods. In 2 years he will be #3 behind Woods and Goodwin. You really want to show your displeasure with him? Ignore him. Stop tweeting him hate or support.

Where are the pressers everyone is talking about? I don't live in the country and have a hard time streaming war live for some reason. Are they on 550's website?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an average football player with a crappy attitude. No reason for a 16 page thread on it. Next year he will be #2 behind Woods. In 2 years he will be #3 behind Woods and Goodwin. You really want to show your displeasure with him? Ignore him. Stop tweeting him hate or support.

Where are the pressers everyone is talking about? I don't live in the country and have a hard time streaming war live for some reason. Are they on 550's website?

BB.com

Thanks. Should I bother to watch Stevie's? Or is it going to make me want to throw my iPad through a window?

Don't know if it's up. Even if it is, it's the usual, "we gotta make the plays." I'd rather watch him meltdown or take no fault or anything.

Anyone watching the Skins game???? Apparently Pierre Garçon sucks as well. He just had a ball stripped with the game on the line. Man, there's horrible WRs all over the place.

yeah. I know how this board is. I've been here for quite a long time thank you

Here's the issue...Garçon doesn't consistently come up short on big moments...Stevie does. Stevie has made a LOT of game losing mistakes...I would argue more than most top 20 WRs make in a whole career already and he's still young. Without even thinking about it, I can think of 9 losses right now where his mistakes at ends of games either greatly hurt the team or flat out ended out game.

Stevie also is often irrelevant in waaaaaay too many games and piled up stats to make his season look better than it was in garbage time losses of blow outs. One year, 1/3 of his season total yards came in 3 4th quarters of blow out losses.

He is the most over rated Bill I have ever seen, and this from a guy who was really high on him from the night he was drafted and most his career. He also blames everyone from God, bad luck, the placement of the ball etc for his drops and not his pathetic offseason (or lack there of) workouts, focus, or choking for them.

I have NEVER seen an alleged top WR blame everyone else before when they constantly screw up.

Cutting him is ridiculous. People stop with those laughable ideas. Trading him however IMO makes this team better long term. Get more picks and invest in developing the young talent like Woods and Goodwin (even Easely) and add a WR in FA or draft with some size too.

PS: I don't want to hear about his 3 barely 1000 yard seasons which were not impressive at all. 1000 yards is not even a good season anymore, not since the 80's and early 90's. Especially when he had some many mistakes in those seasons, got tons of those yards when it didn't matter, and never dominates a game. Yes he runs good routes, but who cares if you can't make the play when the game matters.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Well, after a couple weeks in time out, this seems like the right thread for me to jump right into.

My disgust with Stevie's attitude and lack of focus has been well documented here. And each time something pops up, those who want to point to his three 1,000 yard seasons to justify his immaturity treat his disappointments as though they're isolated incidents. Well, they're not.

And in this case, I'm not even that shook up about the fumble, that's the kind of thing we've (regrettably) come to expect. But is there anyone here, who, after hearing his post game interview alongside Chandler's, still wants to tell me that he's the player our franchise needs? That we're lucky to have him? That he's a leader on our team?

I hate to say I told ya so...but...

Is there any room between SJ as Messianic figure who will deliver us to the promised land and should be cut immediately?

Is there any room between SJ as Messianic figure who will deliver us to the promised land and should be cut immediately?

Never once have I suggested he be cut. Frankly, I don't know what to do with the guy.

Here's the issue...Garçon doesn't consistently come up short on big moments...Stevie does. Stevie has made a LOT of game losing mistakes...I would argue more than most top 20 WRs make in a whole career already and he's still young. Without even thinking about it, I can think of 9 losses right now where his mistakes at ends of games either greatly hurt the team or flat out ended out game.

PS: I don't want to hear about his 3 barely 1000 yard seasons which were not impressive at all. 1000 yards is not even a good season anymore, not since the 80's and early 90's. Especially when he had some many mistakes in those seasons, got tons of those yards when it didn't matter, and never dominates a game. Yes he runs good routes, but who cares if you can't make the play when the game matters.

Again, it seems like everyone wants to deal with each Stevie incident in a vacuum. Nobody who argues on his behalf cares to take a look at his entire body of !@#$ ups.

Never once have I suggested he be cut. Frankly, I don't know what to do with the guy.

keep developing talent at the position, and if we are ever lacking in money or roster spots know that he is a place to look potentially. as it is now, we are better with him than without, much like chandler - but they are both guys that would be nice to upgrade.

Well, after a couple weeks in time out, this seems like the right thread for me to jump right into.

My disgust with Stevie's attitude and lack of focus has been well documented here. And each time something pops up, those who want to point to his three 1,000 yard seasons to justify his immaturity treat his disappointments as though they're isolated incidents. Well, they're not.

And in this case, I'm not even that shook up about the fumble, that's the kind of thing we've (regrettably) come to expect. But is there anyone here, who, after hearing his post game interview alongside Chandler's, still wants to tell me that he's the player our franchise needs? That we're lucky to have him? That he's a leader on our team?

I hate to say I told ya so...but...

There's no possible way that's true, or else you wouldn't have said this.

Heresy. Everything is right-and-wrong, black-and-white, with us or against us...get with the mob mentality and come to grips with the idea that you are either a "kool aid drinker" or a "hater" already.

There's no possible way that's true, or else you wouldn't have said this.

Heresy. Everything is right-and-wrong, black-and-white, with us or against us...get with the mob mentality and come to grips with the idea that you are either a "kool aid drinker" or a "hater" already.

Right, because as regulation was winding down yesterday, I was keeping my fingers crossed that Stevie !@#$ it up somehow so I could report back to a message board and really rub it in the faces of digital strangers.

I do hate to say I told ya so. I want Stevie to be the player we need him to be. But I've been saying for a long time that he isn't. And he keeps proving me right.

I am not one of the guys who camps on the negative story lines.

I like the Steven Ridley approach. Bench him and make him walk around all week with a football in his hand. Bring his ego back down to earth (though I have no idea why its so high to begin with). Humble him. If he doesn't want to be humbled, trade him. If he comes back and chokes again, trade him.

Stevie also is often irrelevant in waaaaaay too many games and piled up stats to make his season look better than it was in garbage time losses of blow outs. One year, 1/3 of his season total yards came in 3 4th quarters of blow out losses.

He is the most over rated Bill I have ever seen, and this from a guy who was really high on him from the night he was drafted and most his career. He also blames everyone from God, bad luck, the placement of the ball etc for his drops and not his pathetic offseason (or lack there of) workouts, focus, or choking for them.

I have NEVER seen an alleged top WR blame everyone else before when they constantly screw up.

Cutting him is ridiculous. People stop with those laughable ideas. Trading him however IMO makes this team better long term. Get more picks and invest in developing the young talent like Woods and Goodwin (even Easely) and add a WR in FA or draft with some size too.

Garcon made a huge drop in the Super Bowl in the second quarter that played no small role in the Saints comeback. If he catches it, the Colts drive would have continued and maintained their 10 point lead. Instead, they had to punt and the Saints scored. It wasn't the last play of the game, to be sure, but it was a very easy catch for what would have been a big play in the Super Bowl. So yes, he has in fact choked before.

Edited by dave mcbride

Right, because as regulation was winding down yesterday, I was keeping my fingers crossed that Stevie !@#$ it up somehow so I could report back to a message board and really rub it in the faces of digital strangers.

I do hate to say I told ya so. I want Stevie to be the player we need him to be. But I've been saying for a long time that he isn't. And he keeps proving me right.

I am not one of the guys who camps on the negative story lines.

What do we need him to be? What are your expectations?

I expect him to play to the best of his ability. I expect him to give his best effort. I do not expect him to be Larry Fitzgerald or Megatron or AJ Green or Dez or Demaryius Thomas.

I expect him to play to the best of his ability. I expect him to give his best effort. I do not expect him to be Larry Fitzgerald or Megatron or AJ Green or Dez or Demaryius Thomas.

I expect him to be the leader he thinks he is. I expect him to not let his team down when it matters most. I expect him to acknowledge his mistakes. The first step in solving a problem is identifying it. Stevie has a problem with !@#$ing up when games are the line (yeah, he did a bang up job catching that uncontested ball after the coverage broke down against Carolina, granted). But Stevie doesn't acknowledge this reality. I expect him to fix the problem. I don't see him, I've never seen him taking the first step to fixing it.

Either the ball is thrown poorly, the defender made a great play, or God let him down. Never has anything to do with his actions.

Garcon made a huge drop in the Super Bown in the second quarter that played no small role in the Saints comeback. If he catches it, the Colts drive would have continued and maintained their 10 point lead. Instead, they had to punt and the Saints scored. It wasn't the last play of the game, to be sure, but it was a very easy catch for what would have been a big play in the Super Bowl. So yes, he has in fact choked before.

i think the bigger thing is, no one would confuse garcon as a top 15 wide receiver and plenty of folks think that stevie is.

when you adjust expectations for what he is (a good number 2) he really isnt that shockingly bad. in fact hes legitimately a good number 2 receiver. not the best, but good.

the problem is we dont have a top 15 WR on the roster (ie better than average #1 receiver).

agreed - unfortunately that list has another 15 or so names on it before it makes sense to talk stevie. right now hes by default expected to be a guy that he isnt because we dont have better. its like putting fitz out as your starting qb, or chandler as your top TE and one of your top receiving threats - they all have valuable roles, but in order to win consistently they need to be valuable role players and not cornerstone players.

I expect him to be the leader he thinks he is. I expect him to not let his team down when it matters most. I expect him to acknowledge his mistakes. The first step in solving a problem is identifying it. Stevie has a problem with !@#$ing up when games are the line (yeah, he did a bang up job catching that uncontested ball after the coverage broke down against Carolina, granted). But Stevie doesn't acknowledge this reality. I expect him to fix the problem. I don't see him, I've never seen him taking the first step to fixing it.

Either the ball is thrown poorly, the defender made a great play, or God let him down. Never has anything to do with his actions.

Well if he has repeatedly demonstrated that he isn't the leader you want him to be, why do you continue to expect a change from him? Not every good player on a team is a born leader and role model.

Can't he be an over achieving 7th round draft pick who carved out a nice career for himself? Is there room on an NFL roster for a player who has consistently finished in the top 20 in all major receiving metrics for the past 4 years?

Stevie Johnson has made a lot of game changing plays for the Bills and is consistently a clutch player...

If you can't say that without laughing, then why is he on the roster? He's the WR version of Fitzpatrick. I don't care what they do with him.

Stevie Johnson has made a lot of game changing plays for the Bills and is consistently a clutch player...

If you can't say that without laughing, then why is he on the roster? He's the WR version of Fitzpatrick. I don't care what they do with him.

Applying that argument, why are Woods, Graham, Goodwin, Hogan, Chandler, Easely, and Gragg on the roster? Who cares what we do with them. Cut them all tomorrow.