Why isn't anyone talking about Stevie?

Alphadawg7

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you about not cutting Stevie. I'm not on that train. The defense pissed me off more earlier. They were a complete sieve. I'd be more pissed if I was EJ going up 14-0 and the defense doing nothing to help. Absolutely nothing.

The fumbles were just icing in the cake.

Good point.

I'm just frustrated by the inability of guys like Stevie & ScoChan to help this kid out.

I do agree that the defense bares responsibility as well.

The cut Stevie now posts are annoying. Sure. He fumbled. It didn't cost is the game. He just didn't win it. It went into OT and Chandler lost the game for us. Or maybe we can blame the defense for not stopping them after that fumble. Or maybe Pettine for not getting them ready. Or maybe Marrone for hiring Pettine. How about Whaley for hiring Marrone. Oh, I got it, Russ for hiring Doug. No... Wait, it's for Ralph hiring Russ. Oh crap!!! It's for Ralph's B%#^H of a mother for having Ralph back in 1742.

Get a grip people. We gave up the game today on all sides of the ball. We played like chit and didn't deserve to win. Nobody has ever said SJ is Jerry Rice. But he is a solid WR. Cutting him would make this team worse at the WR position.

Im sorry but yes......the game was on the line and he choked away a catch that would have put Carpenter in FG position (and he has been great all year) to win the game.....

SJ lost the game

The play with Stevie actually reminded me of the Lee Evans play that cost the Ravens a chance in the Super Bowl. In both cases, it actually was a great defensive play - but the blame will always be on Stevie and Evans. I think as Stevie goes, the Pittsburgh play was much worse...but this one feels worse.

I don't have any type of excuse for Chandler. I don't know how you watch your teammate make a critical fumble and you don't do everything in your power to protect the ball.

Heard Stevie's post game commentary. He accepted no responsibility for his critical gaffe. Pretty weak on his part.

He never does. When a ball hits him in the hands and he fails to catch it "that was the QB and WR not being on the same page...well yeah, technically it's a drop because it hit me in the hands...". When he can't dig out a low ball "that catch was a lot harder than it looked" etc etc etc.

I'm not jinned up on the "cut him now" bandwagon, that's stupid. But if he wants to be regarded as a top WR talent, he needs to put his haid in a different place - the place where he owns his actions and and boards the pain train to do whatever it takes to get a different outcome next time.

No Stevie did not cost us the game. The horrid defense cost is the game. The same defense that gave the Falcons countless tries in the redzone to tie the game to send it into OT.

In an accident investigation, the "cause" is assigned to the last person whose actions could have prevented the accident. Earlier incidents in the chain of causation are "contributing factors". So I would have to go with those who tab Stevie's fumble as a cause and call the sieve-like defense "contributing factors".

Along with coaching which somehow can not eliminate the penalty festival

Edited by Hopeful

Stevie has been thrust into the position as the number 1 wide out. He can be a productive slot WR, a third option. Chandler is the same, a good number 2 playing as a number 1 TE. They are keepers but need to be replaced by better talents.

Stevie has been thrust into the position as the number 1 wide out. He can be a productive slot WR, a third option. Chandler is the same, a good number 2 playing as a number 1 TE. They are keepers but need to be replaced by better talents.

Regardless of what anybody wants, it is unlikely that SJ will be cut.

His salary is $8.5M+ over the next 3 years.....and unfortunately we would have an $8.475M dead cap hit if we cut him this off-season. There will be a $3.2M saving if we cut him the following year though(with a $5.6M dead hit).

He never does. When a ball hits him in the hands and he fails to catch it "that was the QB and WR not being on the same page...well yeah, technically it's a drop because it hit me in the hands...". When he can't dig out a low ball "that catch was a lot harder than it looked" etc etc etc.

I'm not jinned up on the "cut him now" bandwagon, that's stupid. But if he wants to be regarded as a top WR talent, he needs to put his haid in a different place - the place where he owns his actions and and boards the pain train to do whatever it takes to get a different outcome next time.

In an accident investigation, the "cause" is assigned to the last person whose actions could have prevented the accident. Earlier incidents in the chain of causation are "contributing factors". So I would have to go with those who tab Stevie's fumble as a cause and call the sieve-like defense "contributing factors".

if Stevie's fumble is the cause and the defense and the general play of the team through out 60 minutes is just contributing factors. What does the Chandler play earn? End of the world?

All around agree. It would be refreshing to hear him go into the offseason saying "I haven't been good enough, and I need to be better. I have come to my teammates and coaches to better help us find a way to win and we will be working together all offseason."

Chandler and Stevie are obvious upgrades next draft. We knew it before this game. I'm ok with either being number two at their positions next year.

For every big positive-yardage play he makes, #28 pulls five head-scratchers. -Keep Chandler, Add nick O'leary...Draft a new RB (OSU's Jeremy Smith)

Frankly, Johnson should see a sports shrink. He has to learn to focus. Getting the ball stripped like that is a dumb rookie move. A man with his NFL experience should know better. But I think Stevie's let's his frustration take his mind off his game.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Frankly, Johnson should see a sports shrink. He has to learn to focus. Getting the ball stripped like that is a dumb rookie move. A man with his NFL experience should no better. But I think Stevie's let's his frustration take his mind off his game.

PTR

I agree.

It's puzzling. Good receiver, but seems to make bad errors when game is on the line.

The play with Stevie actually reminded me of the Lee Evans play that cost the Ravens a chance in the Super Bowl. In both cases, it actually was a great defensive play - but the blame will always be on Stevie and Evans. I think as Stevie goes, the Pittsburgh play was much worse...but this one feels worse.

I don't have any type of excuse for Chandler. I don't know how you watch your teammate make a critical fumble and you don't do everything in your power to protect the ball.

I agree with everything you said. I thought of Evans, too. People call that a drop. It was far from a drop. I would like to see Stevie say it's on me, even if it was a great defensve play, but that is what it was.

Pittsburgh game was just a fun game that would have been cool to win at the time, but I wanted a higher draft pick, so that didn't matter. This one mattered.

I also don't know how it could happen again on the very next play!

yup. Stevie. Mario for being overpaid. Gilmore for being over drafted. EJ for not being Tom Brady. If these 4 players were all playing at a HOF level like they should be (because all Bills fans exaggerate). Then we would be in the playoffs already.

Like you right now, huh?

These are just post-game woes. The board usually calms down after 72 hours. It's the way it's been these last couple years.

Anyone watching the Skins game???? Apparently Pierre Garçon sucks as well. He just had a ball stripped with the game on the line. Man, there's horrible WRs all over the place.

Like you right now, huh?

These are just post-game woes. The board usually calms down after 72 hours. It's the way it's been these last couple years.

yeah. I know how this board is. I've been here for quite a long time thank you