Branden Oliver: A Place on the Bills?

yungmack

I've been enjoying the UB Bulls games on ESPN and particularly loving Bo Oliver. I swear that every time he runs into the line, several tons of players wind up on top of him. And then, like magic, he pops out on the other side of them. It's uncanny. The guy is short but not small, but how he gets through all those defenders time after time, team after team is beyond me. But it's fun. I've even laughed out loud a couple of times watching him befuddle the defense. It must drive them nuts when four or five or six of them converge and pile on him and then there he is beyond the pile. It's like a Loony Tunes cartoon.

I doubt there's a slot for him on the Bills but I hope someone gives him a shot at the next level.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Branden Oliver= Travis Henry(running style not personal life) he is a beast. Low center of gravity and very shifty deceptive speed. He gave my uncle his gloves after the ohio game a couple weeks ago. I would welcome Oliver and Khalil Mack on the bills in a heartbeat

Don't forget Alex Neutz! He's a big receiver and all he does is make plays.

Agreed Mack a first rounder and Oliver 6 or 7th. At 5' 8 205 he gets most of his yards between the tackles . He just gets through the smallest cracks somehow. He is also a decent blocker. He's worth at least at least a free agent try.

Someone will take Oliver before the 6/7. Think MJD when assessing Bo.

I've been enjoying the UB Bulls games on ESPN and particularly loving Bo Oliver. I swear that every time he runs into the line, several tons of players wind up on top of him. And then, like magic, he pops out on the other side of them. It's uncanny. The guy is short but not small, but how he gets through all those defenders time after time, team after team is beyond me. But it's fun. I've even laughed out loud a couple of times watching him befuddle the defense. It must drive them nuts when four or five or six of them converge and pile on him and then there he is beyond the pile. It's like a Loony Tunes cartoon.

I doubt there's a slot for him on the Bills but I hope someone gives him a shot at the next level.

little beast mode, his stiff-arm is sick! would love to see him here.

He might have a place here if we don't sign CJ, I honestly don't think CJ doesn't fit the style of offense we run and he himself might decide to go someplace else or the FO might feel that way and let him walk.

We could see two new backs next year one for CJ and the eventual replacement for Fred (who is the man!)

Yeah, they are saying Mack is a top 15 and with a good senior bowl showing, possibly top 10 pick...he is the truth...unblockable at the MAC level even when he is triple teamed

Senior bowl will be HUGE for Mack, if he dominates he climbs, if not he will get labeled small school and could plummet.

I highly doubt Oliver will be drafted.

good, UDFA who can cross town to the Bills.

little beast mode, his stiff-arm is sick! would love to see him here.

He might have a place here if we don't sign CJ, I honestly don't think CJ doesn't fit the style of offense we run and he himself might decide to go someplace else or the FO might feel that way and let him walk.

We could see two new backs next year one for CJ and the eventual replacement for Fred (who is the man!)

Senior bowl will be HUGE for Mack, if he dominates he climbs, if not he will get labeled small school and could plummet.

good, UDFA who can cross town to the Bills.

I haven't started reading any draft related articles yet, but Oliver looks very draftable in my opinion. Of course that is in the absence of comparing him to other backs coming out of college this year, but I think he is very good.

I highly doubt Oliver will be drafted.

He is going to finish in the top five in the nation for rushing (currently fifth and could go higher). So although I doubt he'll be picked in the first round I still think he will be drafted.

Additionally, with respect to Neutz, 15 receptions for almost 300 yards and 2 TDs against Baylor and Ohio State doesn't hurt!

Edit: my bad...Oliver is currently 6th in the nation.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Branden Oliver= Travis Henry(running style not personal life) he is a beast. Low center of gravity and very shifty deceptive speed. He gave my uncle his gloves after the ohio game a couple weeks ago. I would welcome Oliver and Khalil Mack on the bills in a heartbeat

Man I'm glad you all have been paying attention and someone started this thread!!

The Henry comparison is spot on, with regard to his running style. Travis he is not when it comes to off the field stuff. He goes to my church and I've had the pleasure of meeting him and talking to him a couple times. He's just a good kid. If anyone deservves a shot at the next level, its him. He's on pace to break Starks' record for yards and carries...maybe not TD's but he still ends up top 5 in the program's history.

Anyway, the kids a beast with a humble heart and is totally worth a late round flier or UDFA pick up if he goes undrafted.

Mack is the man and it would be sweet to see him tear it up in the NFL...even sweeter if it was along side of Alonso.

Sign me up for Bo Oliver as well. I always look at him as a Ray Rice/MoJo clone. He's short but has muscles on top of muscles. Great shiftiness through the holes too. There's no way he is not NFL ready.

Last i checked a few weeks ago Oliver and Neutz were both in the mid to high 30's in terms of rankings at their positions for the draft. That puts both around the 7th round-UDFA status. Personally i think both are draft worthy earlier than their rankings. Of the two I'd say Oliver could have the higher upside because what he is doing in college will project to the NFL. As for Neutz, he's a great player for UB but there are a bunch of tall-great hands, not blazing speed- white guys that come out every year. The Bills had one in mini-camp (Kaufman?) out of Eastern Washington. I still think Neutz could be a productive NFL player though.

Hopefully the Bills having more close-up knowledge of these guys will take a chance.

I won't even mention Mack because he is ridiculous in the MAC conference and will be a 1st rounder.

Sign me up for Bo Oliver as well. I always look at him as a Ray Rice/MoJo clone. He's short but has muscles on top of muscles. Great shiftiness through the holes too. There's no way he is not NFL ready.

Last i checked a few weeks ago Oliver and Neutz were both in the mid to high 30's in terms of rankings at their positions for the draft. That puts both around the 7th round-UDFA status. Personally i think both are draft worthy earlier than their rankings. Of the two I'd say Oliver could have the higher upside because what he is doing in college will project to the NFL. As for Neutz, he's a great player for UB but there are a bunch of tall-great hands, not blazing speed- white guys that come out every year. The Bills had one in mini-camp (Kaufman?) out of Eastern Washington. I still think Neutz could be a productive NFL player though.

Hopefully the Bills having more close-up knowledge of these guys will take a chance.

I won't even mention Mack because he is ridiculous in the MAC conference and will be a 1st rounder.

I really like Neutz. I am an OSU fan our secondary could not cover him in their game this year. Would love to get him in Bills TC.

Is there anything Buffalo related you are ever positive about? And if you want to make a wager on this, I'd down. Oliver will get drafted and to overlook a rb because of their height has been proven wrong so many times.

Khalil Mack will probably be the best L.B. out of the draft.

As for Oliver, he was awful against O.S.U. and Baylor, the closest thing he's had to N.F.L. competition. There is no way he gets drafted, but good for him if he does.

As for Oliver, he was awful against O.S.U. and Baylor, the closest thing he's had to N.F.L. competition. There is no way he gets drafted, but good for him if he does.

Those type of games can get thrown out. It doesn't translate to the NFL. OSU and Baylor's D-lines dominated UB and were more talented. In the NFL the trenches are not one-sided like that. Against Like competition in the MAC, he dominates.

I wouldn't call 73 yards on 26 carries awful.

PTR