Has anyone taken notice that

They gave up 9 to KC but it counted as 23. On MNF last night they said that the Panthers have given up 8 first quarter points this entire year. Can you give up 8 points without a safety being in the mix? How the heck does the defense give up a safety?

:wacko:

The only way I can think of is a touchdown with a 2 point conversion. Who goes for a 2 pt. conversion in the first quarter?..smh

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Bills currently lead the NFL in sacks (37) and are tied for the league lead in INT's with Seattle (16)?

Not surprised, this is kind of what we expected last year. Wannstedt did a simply pitiful job with the talent he had. Pettine is a good DC and his work has been appreciated by most all season. He has a great deal of talent to work with.

The guy that isn't getting the credit he is due is Hackett. His much maligned offense has protected a hunt-and-peck rookie QB in EJ Manuel and the Bills lousy reserve QB's. The only important calls he has made this season that I disagreed with both turned out to be audibles by the QB. A lot of people's opinion of a coach is how they perceive that that coach perceives the talent he has to work with. I think he sees what I see. Quarterbacks and an OL that need tight formations to maintain consistent posession of the football.

Do you understand this is a false statement?

I won't go over every game, but the KC game was just 2 weeks ago, and the DEFENSE only allowed 9.

Jeff Tuel - who any number of people on this board wanted to start over Manuel - gave up the other 14 pretty much by himself.

False. Tuel gave up 7. TJ Graham gave up the other 7.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I love that... but until Sunday, the D was giving up at least 20 pts a game :( With our young and ever changing offensive personnel, we need that to be lower over the rest of the season. Hopefully with a "softer" schedule (relatively) that will happen.

3 FGs against the Chiefs, at least one of which they started the drive deep in Buffalo territory. Because of injuries, the defense hasn't played together much until recently. They're only scratching the surface of what they're capable of.

He's a little before my time but I've seen cards of him and recognized him right away. Plus, his name always stood out to me.

And BTW, if you have only seen Nick on a card, the last name is pronounced like "micka-meyer".

I just looked him up (although I remember him playing with the Bills) and found out two things:

He was born in Bologna, Italy.

He was a member of the San Antonio Gunslingers (for you old USFL fans)

And BTW, if you have only seen Nick on a card, the last name is pronounced like "micka-meyer"

I remember reading the news that Mike-Mayer had joined the Bills but I had no idea how his name was pronounced. When I finally heard the pronunciation I was a bit surprised to say the least.

Same with when the Sabres acquired Rene Robert. At that point in my life I had little experience with french names.

To me he was Reen Robert, not Renay Robair.

I guess I'd like to apologize to both these fellas.

Bills are also one of the few teams to have played 11 games.

Sacks:

Bills 37 (11 games)

KC 36 (10 games)

Ravens 34 (10 games)

Bengals 34 (11 games)

Seahawks 33 (11 games)

Pats, NO, Rams 32 (10 games)

So, if KC gets 2 sacks (possible) or Ravens get 4 sacks (less likely) we would fall to #2

Bengals and Seahawks have not had their byes yet either and I don't see the Pats, NO, or Rams getting 6 sacks in a game.

So after our Bye, we'll still most likely be #1 or #2.

INTS

Bills 16 (11 games)

Seahawks 16 (11 gms)

Cards 14 (10 gms)

Panthers 14 (10 gms)

Bears 14 (10 gms)

Broncos 13 (10 gms)

Dolphins 13 (10 gms)

Eagles 13 (11 gms)

So, we only fall off the perch if the Cards, Panthers, or Bears have 3 INTs this Sunday

or Broncos or Dolphins get 4 INTs this Sunday.

the Bills currently lead the NFL in sacks (37) and are tied for the league lead in INT's with Seattle (16)?

One of the impressive facts about this defense is they have given up FOUR Rushing TDs through 11 games...That is quite impressive. Only the Panthers have given up 3 Rushing TDs. (There are a bunch of other teams with 4).

Ok first you have my permission to put puss n boots on every thread every day forever.

As to your question here is the info:

Offense Scoring

Patriots 8th 25.4 yards/game

Bills 21st 21.5 yards

Dolphins. 24th 21.3 yards

Jets 31st. 18.3 yards

Defensive Scoring Allowed

Patriots. 7th. 19.9 yards/game

Fish. 12th. 22.5 yards

Bills. 20th. 24.8 yards

Jets 27th. 26.8 yards

Also, the Bills are 1st in Tackles on Defense, 4th in Rushing at 1475 yards or 134.09 / game. The problem which is a no brainier is we are 27th in the pass at 2167 yards or 6.2 / attempt.

Stats are stats but from the original post it tells me we are an opportunistic defense and gets very little credit from the sports media (shocker), and when we fix the passing game through a development of EJ and the receivers, proper game planning, and we will be a winning team for awhile. I just hope Whaley keeps this team together and brings in more depth in the draft including Byrd.

BTW - I have shared some of these stats with the NFL radio guys various times this year. People are not buying on the Bills yet. I don't blame them, so we win the next four in a row and watch how many people will start talking about the Bills. Good teams win the ones they are supposed to win, so I'm praying we see more the Manuel we saw Sunday. Everyone said the formidable Jets defense was going to kill EJ. They shut down our run and dared us to win with EJ's arm with our two best WR out.

That was my favorite win in the last couple of years outside of beating the Pats a couple of years ago.

GO BILLS!!!!!!