Official Playoff Possibilities Thread

eball

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at it as more we conrol our destiny without expecting much from NE. NE only losing one more game, I figure the Ravens.

Pats lose tonight, then Ravens and then against us they are 10-6. Easily possible. We win out...

and:

Pittsburgh must beat Baltimore. If they lose to Baltimore and win out they are in...

If they beat Baltimore then they can still lose 1 game (Fins, Bengals, @GB, Cle) and make it.

Why must Pittsburgh beat Baltimore?????????

You want PIT to lose 2....BAL to lose 1

Not strictly on the Bills' chances but can anyone explain to me why the Eagles are still top of NFC East.... They and the Cowboys are both 6-5, the Cowboys won the one game they have played against each other to this point and are 4-0 in the division as against 3-2....

technically Dallas is in 1st place based on H2H.....after one game. Both teams have 6-5 records. Had they played both games at this point and Dallas swept them teams would refer to DAL as 1st place. As of now most people refer to them as tied for 1st.

If both teams win out until their week 17 rematch then the winner of that game wins the division...theus PHL and DAL both control their own fate in terms of winning the divison.

Edited by djp14150

technically Dallas is in 1st place based on H2H.....after one game. Both teams have 6-5 records. Had they played both games at this point and Dallas swept them teams would refer to DAL as 1st place. As of now most people refer to them as tied for 1st.

If both teams win out until their week 17 rematch then the winner of that game wins the division...theus PHL and DAL both control their own fate in terms of winning the divison.

That's what I thought. Everywhere seems to have Phili still in 1st place though.

5-7. The rest of things have a pretty good chance of shaping up in our favor week by week. If we beat the Falcons then chances are things with the rest of the teams look even better a week from now than they do now, but it all involves us getting to 5-7.

Winning out is a big deal. We have five "winnable" games, but even if each of them is a a 75% chance in our favor (not likely), the odds of five straight 75% outcomes is less than 25%. We were worried about other games a lot this week with the bye, but in the coming weeks other things playing out in our favor is much much less significant than just taking care of our own business. All that matters is beating the Falcons in our first meaningful December game in a while to live another week.

When is the last time we won three in a row? Let alone 5? I suppose it was chan gailey's cupcake run to begin the season two years ago

and 3 of those 5 are on the road.

Some of those last 5 games no longer look like a cakewalk.

Falcons played the Saints very hard fought 17-13 game.

@ Tampa Bay, amd the Bucs just beat the Lions at Detroit 24-21

@ Jacksonville, and the Jags just beat the Texans at Houston

Miami (5-6) barely lost to Carolina 20-16

@ New England is a playoff team, and has all their weapons now

Well there's no way we're winning the division now, for those of us exploring that possibility. I mean, there is still A way, but it won't happen.

Yes---NE can still lose next week @ HOU and everything is the same.

If they beat HOU....then BUF needs them to lose their next 3 games...against CLE, @ MIA, and @ BAL.

NE has been poorer playing on the road. I can see HOU actually beating NE--its a game a team like HOU would show up for pride. Its not as if HOU doesnt have talent on the team --they were a playoff team last year.

HOU lost 6 of their 9 loses by 7 points or less. a play here or there the team could easily be 6-5 or 7-4.

Edited by djp14150

While the Bills certainly need to take care of their own business, it would be really helpful to their cause if Miami can beat the Jets this week and if Baltimore can beat Pittsburgh this week. This would help us to control our own Wild Card destiny within the division, and we need Baltimore to be better positioned to win the Central division Wild Card tiebreaker (since we beat them head-to-head). Obviously lots of other matchups too, but I look at these at the biggest for the Bills in Week 13.

Right now all that matters, the only thing, is beating ATL.

What he said for sure. We don't control any of the other things. We have one game ahead of us and its our job to win it. We don't control our own destiny but we do control the ability to play out the rest of this season. If we win out and things break our way...fine..If not...eight wins would be a very good season.

While the Bills certainly need to take care of their own business, it would be really helpful to their cause if Miami can beat the Jets this week and if Baltimore can beat Pittsburgh this week. This would help us to control our own Wild Card destiny within the division, and we need Baltimore to be better positioned to win the Central division Wild Card tiebreaker (since we beat them head-to-head). Obviously lots of other matchups too, but I look at these at the biggest for the Bills in Week 13.

If Pitt beats Balt this week, we are dead. Gotta have that game.

Yup, that might as well be the Bills playing Thursday night because that is THE key piece in the puzzle.

Even if Pittsburgh does win and move to 6-6, they are a medicore team and I could easily see them finishing out their last 4 games at 2-2 and being 8-8. There is still far too much football left to say we are dead even if the Steelers beat the Ravens. After the Ravens, the steelers still have the bengals and Green Bay (presumably with Rogers back) and those could easily be two losses for them. We are still very much in the thick of things

Even if Pittsburgh does win and move to 6-6, they are a medicore team and I could easily see them finishing out their last 4 games at 2-2 and being 8-8. There is still far too much football left to say we are dead even if the Steelers beat the Ravens. After the Ravens, the steelers still have the bengals and Green Bay (presumably with Rogers back) and those could easily be two losses for them. We are still very much in the thick of things

I got to agree with you here.

Right now it is really just about the Bills winning. No matter what happens the Bills have to finish 9-7 to be in position to get that final spot.

Also even if the Bills do not get the final spot but finish 9-7 it would be great for the team as motivation for next year and confidence. To reach 9-7 the Bills would have a winning division record. They would have beat Miami 2x and beat NE once.

Lets just hope they win next Sunday and keep us watching for another week.

I got to agree with you here.

Right now it is really just about the Bills winning. No matter what happens the Bills have to finish 9-7 to be in position to get that final spot.

Also even if the Bills do not get the final spot but finish 9-7 it would be great for the team as motivation for next year and confidence. To reach 9-7 the Bills would have a winning division record. They would have beat Miami 2x and beat NE once.

Lets just hope they win next Sunday and keep us watching for another week.

Yea and looking at all the teams that are either 5-6 or 4-7, I dont see any team of that bunch that will finish out 4-1 or 5-0 to get to 9-7 or 10-6. I honestly believe that the final wildcard spot will be an 8-8 team. In a sense, I feel like we control our own destiny with a 5-0 finish.