Manuel and the deep ball

Thirdborn

Were you not entertained? I wondered if he could, or was allowed to make those throws... into the wind, no less. I think there is a huge upside to EJ Manuel. If the season ended today, I would say that every position, from top to bottom, is as good as or better than last years. I'm not smelling the old carcass of the last decade .... It smells good

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there not anything more exciting to see today than a Bills touchdown drive that only took 2 plays and consisted of a drive of 83 yards?

Can't wait for Stevie & Woods to return.

No doubt. I'm not sure I've ever seen a TD drive that consisted of 2 40+ yard passes. Usually when an O scores quickly it's because of a single big play. Back to back beautiful throws and catches. It almost made my eyes water.

Edited by MDH

I'm wondering if the wind was a factor in Manuel's favor. Yesterday he was letting the ball fly, wasn't trying to 'guide' the ball. Is it because he had to let it rip in the wind? I don't know, but, it's the only thing I've been able to come up with to explain his game yesterday. If that's the case he needs to remember how he played yesterday and keep doing it.

No doubt. I'm not sure I've ever seen a TD drive that consisted of 2 40+ yard passes. Usually when an O scores quickly it's because of a single big play. Back to back beautiful throws and catches. It almost made my eyes water.

I cried with happiness!

I am in no hurry to get Stevie Johnson back I think Buffalo plays better without him

Really? He's been injured all year, and is the only guy I know of to school Revis so badly. Let's not get hasty.

I have been down on Manuel. I not ready to say he is "the guy" yet, but he sure did serve me some crow. And it was good.

I am in no hurry to get Stevie Johnson back I think Buffalo plays better without him

The TD to Graham was horrifying.

but it was the exact same thing that happened on Holmes's big reception. Wind was crazy.

I'm wondering if the wind was a factor in Manuel's favor. Yesterday he was letting the ball fly, wasn't trying to 'guide' the ball. Is it because he had to let it rip in the wind? I don't know, but, it's the only thing I've been able to come up with to explain his game yesterday. If that's the case he needs to remember how he played yesterday and keep doing it.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he is a bad weather QB where he can just let it rip and fly? Is that possible? Now all we gotta do is pray for bad weather and lost of games in December! :o

That is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he is a bad weather QB where he can just let it rip and fly? Is that possible? Now all we gotta do is pray for bad weather and lost of games in December! :o

That's one of the major things the Bills liked about him. He has huge hands and throws a great spiral that cuts the wind. I think one of the biggest knocks against him is he is overly cautious with the ball. He just has to let it rip sometimes because he's got a cannon.

And it was 65 degrees yesterday! Thanks to global warming, Buffalo is the new Virginia!

Was there not anything more exciting to see today than a Bills touchdown drive that only took 2 plays and consisted of a drive of 83 yards?

Can't wait for Stevie & Woods to return.

Do we really want to see stevie return? no real off season conditioning, how long, years, has this hamstring been an issue?