Kiko on NFL network live NFL AM

ektin

talks about twitter, adjusting to the NFL, talked about practicing and preparing hard getting ready for games, hardest adjustment coming to NFL is working on all the little things. Pettine says he's quiet, defense has to make plays to give the offense a chance to win, about KC says they have to slow down Charles and confuse Smith, asked what was the coolest thing about being in the NFL Kiko responded just being in the NFL is so cool

It was painful to watch. Certainly nothing to share.

yeah, I was not impressed. At all. I know the guy is a football player, not a surgeon, but he sounded like they dragged him out of a three day bender and propped him up in front of a camera...

yeah, I was not impressed. At all. I know the guy is a football player, not a surgeon, but he sounded like they dragged him out of a three day bender and propped him up in front of a camera...

as long as he stays sober the next 3 I'm okay with that

talks about twitter, adjusting to the NFL, talked about practicing and preparing hard getting ready for games, hardest adjustment coming to NFL is working on all the little things. Pettine says he's quiet, defense has to make plays to give the offense a chance to win, about KC says they have to slow down Charles and confuse Smith, asked what was the coolest thing about being in the NFL Kiko responded just being in the NFL is so cool

thank you. This post is why I opened this thread. Amazing how critical, and hateful a lot of people are for someone who looks so uncomfortable with a camera on him.

I wonder if he's consciously being like that out of boredom and doesn't care for quote the spotlight side of being an NFL player. If that's true I can see him being endeared for it later in his career if he ends up being a star LB. If he's just not that bright than it will continue to be on the embarrassing side.

thank you. This post is why I opened this thread. Amazing how critical, and hateful a lot of people are for someone who looks so uncomfortable with a camera on him.

I am not critical or hateful of him at all. After Fred he is my favorite player. But it was painful to watch him setting there with blank look on his face. Every thing had to be pried out of him.

I actually didn't think the interview was bad at all....he looked engaged...smiled...don't see what the big deal is...he walks to the beat of a different drum....he is an excellent player....excited for the future with him

Thanks...wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

thanks for the link

i don't think its as bad as some are making it out to be...his delivery is just a bit more drawn out

just amazed that a guy who seems so cool to the point of almost looking sedated can be such a beast on gameday

Heard the same on Troy Polamalu

I think his answer to "What's the coolest thing that's happened to you since being in the NFL?" says it all: "I get to play football, and that's all I get to do; just focus on playing football and nothing else."

Not sure how anything this kid says is painful or tough to watch. He's everything you want in a football player; he's grounded and humble, and he's not flashy or me first and doesn't give anything away to an opponent. I think that's pretty remarkable for a rookie.

What I find amazing is that he's actually getting consistent airplay. This interview wasn't really much different than the one he gave Jim Rome (ie kiko twitter hashtag is "ridiculous"). We all know the media loves to give attention to guys that are the complete opposite to everything I covered in the sentence above. I think that's a testament to his impact on the field this year.

We got a good one here. Hopefully we pony up when its time.

This was not a bad interview at all. In fact, in my view it only enhances the so-called "legend" of Kiko. The guy is authentically the polar opposite of the Deion Sander's flashiness that we all still see in full force today. His arrival is as refreshing as anything I can remember.

I think his answer to "What's the coolest thing that's happened to you since being in the NFL?" says it all: "I get to play football, and that's all I get to do; just focus on playing football and nothing else."

Not sure how anything this kid says is painful or tough to watch. He's everything you want in a football player; he's grounded and humble, and he's not flashy or me first and doesn't give anything away to an opponent. I think that's pretty remarkable for a rookie.

What I find amazing is that he's actually getting consistent airplay. This interview wasn't really much different than the one he gave Jim Rome (ie kiko twitter hashtag is "ridiculous"). We all know the media loves to give attention to guys that are the complete opposite to everything I covered in the sentence above. I think that's a testament to his impact on the field this year.

Sad but true that most Bills fans have to endure the same anxiety whenever we develop a great player.

as long as he stays sober the next 3 I'm okay with that

Steve O, my good man, you are spot on per usual! The more we get to know Kiko and all of this Twitter toomfoolery takes on a life of it's own, the more comical the whole Kiko passing out on the strange couch anecdote becomes. Putting one self in that scenario... just how do you rectify that situation when you find Kiko passed out on your couch?

Steve O, my good man, you are spot on per usual! The more we get to know Kiko and all of this Twitter toomfoolery takes on a life of it's own, the more comical the whole Kiko passing out on the strange couch anecdote becomes. Putting one self in that scenario... just how do you rectify that situation when you find Kiko passed out on your couch?

You move out!!!

+1

Kiko was the least painful/awkward part of that whole clip (thank you for posting the link, by the way). The host of the show couldn't have been a bigger herb. And, Jeff Garcia? Yikes.

Kiko speaks softly and carries a big stick. More power to 'im.

I do not speak Spanish. I understand a very little bit. A few weeks ago, out of curiosity, I listened to a Spanish language interview he did that someone here posted. It seemed like he spoke much more naturally while speaking in Spanish.

In English, he kind of mumbles, but he comes across ok. I think his issues are more diction and enunciation rather than a reflection on his intellect. In the end, he is a football player and not the director of analytics so I think we are ok.

P.S. I did not listen to the particular interview this morning so I cannot comment on that.

Edited by Peter

The guy was born in Massachusetts, how does he, as is implied in this thread, not speak fluent English? I think that's a garbage assessment. I think he's likely a bit socially awkward or introverted; and I'm sure he'll find his way as he adjusts to the NFL. I'm thrilled with the guy, and am happy we finally have an elite linebacker to build the second level of our defense around.

I was laughing as he should be on one of Cheech and Chong's movies. I'm just kidding as not trying to say he is burner.

Seriously, though who cares how he is in an interview. Just keep having an eye for the ball, hit people, and the rest will be fine.

I'm so excited to see the talent on the defense now. If we cn convert this inept offense to servicable, we will win a ton.

Go Bills!!

I am not critical or hateful of him at all. After Fred he is my favorite player. But it was painful to watch him setting there with blank look on his face. Every thing had to be pried out of him.

Hey he was smiling and seemed lighter than previous interviews. I give him that. The kid isnt a talker. GOOD! He does it on the field. Very simple and focused. I dont understand why people expect everyone to be entertaining.