The Bills may sit CJ this week vs the Saints

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with Marrone resting him for a week.

And I have even less of a problem with CJ kicking and screaming about even the POSSIBILITY of being held out.

My preference is for Spiller to heal up. It's still a marathon and the KC game will have longer reaching ramifications.

GO BILLS!!!

Both FJ and CJ have been injured and BOTH still continue to put up good numbers. when both are dinged they throw in Choice.

You need THE top 4 running game in the NFL to support the passing game.

But if you want the Bills to lose then sure let CJ sit.

and I did say I shouldn't confuse people with facts

But other facts include CJ's 11 yards rushing on Sunday and his negative receiving yards.

Is it Ronnie Wingo time?

I agree that Spiller should rest for a week.

What would also help the run game is if Hackett calls a few reverses to Goodwin & Graham during the game.

We had reverses in consecutive weeks against Cleveland then Cincy. At the very least. I think there have been others.

Is it Ronnie Wingo time?

We had reverses in consecutive weeks against Cleveland then Cincy. At the very least. I think there have been others.

I know they ran it in consecutive weeks against NE* and Carolina and I'm pretty sure against the Jest. I also saw it against the Ravens.

GO BILLS!!!

It isn't the injury IMO, he has regressed significantly. His feel for the offense is terrible and he has no patience to set up blockers. You can see it when the play develops, he doesnt like contact, that is why he runs to the sideline like a pee wee player. Sad part is he is probably the most talented RB next to AP in the league the difference is the mind set and Hackett's play calling with him on the field is also holding him back. How they can't get him lined up on a LBer in coverage is baffling, I dont even mean screens but overall its terrible. Fred is a pro and does what it takes. He know the 2 yarder will turn into 12 sooner or later. Spiller doesn't have that. Sorry, just my opinion.

Those ankles, like hamstrings or groins... You can get it taped up and feel pretty good all week in practice... until you really try to change direction or push hard in the game. Then you're just back to where you started and it can nag all season. Doesn't always feel like a terrible injury, but sometimes you just have to take a week or two and just sit. I understand he wants to play, but I'd rather have him at 100% in 1-2 weeks than 75% every week for the rest of the season.

This is the toughest game on the schedule.

He should suit up. Having both CJ and Fred out there benefits the Bills; even if he's used sparsely.

If we're keeping it close ... feed him until he can't run anymore. If we're getting smoked, sit him.

It isn't the injury IMO, he has regressed significantly. His feel for the offense is terrible and he has no patience to set up blockers. You can see it when the play develops, he doesnt like contact, that is why he runs to the sideline like a pee wee player. Sad part is he is probably the most talented RB next to AP in the league the difference is the mind set and Hackett's play calling with him on the field is also holding him back. How they can't get him lined up on a LBer in coverage is baffling, I dont even mean screens but overall its terrible. Fred is a pro and does what it takes. He know the 2 yarder will turn into 12 sooner or later. Spiller doesn't have that. Sorry, just my opinion.

It's the injury and the offense not suiting his strengths. Your argument might be valid after Spiller's rookie year. But he averages a franchise record 5.2 ypc for his career. He was the first guy since Jim Brown to average 6 ypc and gain over 1,200 yards. He averaged 10.7 per catch and is averaging under 3 this year. It's the injury and playcalling not suited to him.

Gailey had his faults, but he knew how to get Spiller in space. Hackett wants to give Spiller more work but he's just not doing it right. More touches doesn't just meam more rushes. It means catches too. Gailey had great screen designs. I don't remember one screen for Spiller that has seemed somewhat creative this year. How many times have we sent Spiller on a pass route downfield? Obviously, his injury hurts but they weren't maximizing one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL before his injury.

And isn't it funny that when a guy tries to tough out an injury and it affects his production, some fans criticize them for their poor play. Yet if Byrd sits out until he is healthy, he is a cancer and a kitty cat.

I have been questioning the Bills handling of this injury since the 1st game he played with it.

He is obviously not himself and he is not getting better. He should have been sat 3 weeks ago and be at 100% by now.

I agree with you. Unless he has a huge gaping hole he tries to bounce it outside every time. He doesn't even have the patience to let the D collapse before bouncing it. He bounces it to the outside - only to run into the players who are still outside!

From Sullivan's article today:

Spiller said Marrone can only observe “what he sees on the tape. But I’m telling you, I feel better. I know my body better than anybody on this team or on this earth.

“People are going to think what they want. I do a great job of talking with the doctors, making sure we’re on the same page. I’ve done my research on the injury, and what they tell me pretty much adds up to what I see online. You can’t further damage it.”

Not sure I've heard of many injuries you can't further damage?