Fred Davis?!?!

DC Grid

I don't see much value. Given his production this year I doubt he adds much. I wouldn't mind bringing him into the mix next year, but he chose not to sign with us last year, doubt he would next unless he had no other suitors, in which case we could sign him anyway & keep the pick.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope they make this move for him. if you cant look past that they tried to get him and he chose to stay with the skins as your reason fr not getting him thats a little silly. buffalo or washington? rg3? or at the time kevin kolb... playoffs or 13 year drought of playoffs. we gotta be real about the situation. he might wanna come now knowing how interested the bills were in the off season. hopefully it can get done.

What round was Stevie Johnson drafted?

Is that really going to be the argument that you use? Since Stevie (not your typical 7th rounder) we have selected: Kennard Cox, Ellis Lankster, Kyle Calloway, Levi Brown, Mike Jasper, Justin Rogers, John Potter and Chris Gragg. If you to back before Stevie it is more of this. There is not one of those guys that would make the impact of Davis. He isn't what he was but he could easily catch 40-50 balls a year here. That is better than having Kyle Calloway.

Is that really going to be the argument that you use? Since Stevie (not your typical 7th rounder) we have selected: Kennard Cox, Ellis Lankster, Kyle Calloway, Levi Brown, Mike Jasper, Justin Rogers, John Potter and Chris Gragg. If you to back before Stevie it is more of this. There is not one of those guys that would make the impact of Davis. He isn't what he was but he could easily catch 40-50 balls a year here. That is better than having Kyle Calloway.

Ellis Lankster is contributing right now.

A seventh round pick isn't a throw away.

Look at all the UDFA that contribute on this team.

It's foolish to suggest so.

Fred Davis 2013 isn't Fred Davis 2010.

He isn't valued in this league at this point in time. There isn't a trade market for a banged up TE with a prior substance suspension. It's that simple.

Ellis Lankster is contributing right now.

A seventh round pick isn't a throw away.

Look at all the UDFA that contribute on this team.

It's foolish to suggest so.

Fred Davis 2013 isn't Fred Davis 2010.

He isn't valued in this league at this point in time. There isn't a trade market for a banged up TE with a prior substance suspension. It's that simple.

That's kind of my point. I am by no means advocating a big investment. I am saying that I would rather take a shot on a guy that was productive a couple of years ago, is still 27 and is at a position of need. His issue aside, my thought is that he has as good a shot to be productive as a guy that we take in the 7th. I do not expect a huge impact but if he caught 40 balls and stretched the field up the seam he would be an asset. The worst case scenario is that he flames out and is out of the league but that is no different from 90% of our 7th rounders.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I would not think twice about a 7th rounder... Assuming we can extend him...

That would be a BIG assumption.

Also, I believe Gragg is starting to get more playing time, I would ASSUME that is a good sign that he's coming along.

That's kind of my point. I am by no means advocating a big investment. I am saying that I would rather take a shot on a guy that was productive a couple of years ago, is still 27 and is at a position of need. His issue aside, my thought is that he has as good a shot to be productive as a guy that we take in the 7th. I do not expect a huge impact but if he caught 40 balls and stretched the field up the seam he would be an asset. The worst case scenario is that he flames out and is out of the league but that is no different from 90% of our 7th rounders.

I hear what you're saying but I fairly confident no team will give the Redskins a pick.

He already visited buffalo as a FA.

I'd wait it out and work him out after he gets cut.

That's kinda where this is heading IMO.

Keep the pick and still get the player.