Fred Davis?!?!

DC Grid

Redskins are shopping him. Assuming he can be had for a 5th or 6th rounder I'd love to see the Bills try to get him. What's the downside. He's far more athletic than any TE the Bills have had in a decade plus right? You see what he has left this year than sign him to an extension in the offseason if he'd worth it. Can't imagine they do better next year in the 5th or 6th round than a starting TE that's flashed big potential in the past. (That's not a knock against Whaley etc just reality of most drafts.)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what?

He has, however, done a whole lot of nothing this year and last:

http://www.pro-footb.../D/DaviFr01.htm

He was suspended then injured last year.

And Reed and Paulsen are younger and out performing him.

Davis is on a 1 year contract.

His trade value is a bag of footballs at this point in time and that might be pushing it.

He'll be cut if the Indigenous Peoples don't want him.

If the Bills brought Davis in for a workout after he is cut, I wouldn't mind.

Edited by Why So Serious?

No. He used us to get a deal with the Skins.

Shouldn't his chosing to remain with his old team with a better established QB and passing attack be at least looked upon neutrally, if not positively. I get it he turned the Bills down, but he did the smart thing career wise...or at least it seems that way. I'm not saying he'll be great, but for a measily late round pick and less than $1m the Bills get to find out if he's worth the money / contract they were trying to give him this offseason. For a team that is young and looking to build, a move like this could be a big difference maker.

They are shopping him and we were interested. With that being said he is on a 1 year deal and we have the leverage. Maybe a 6th or 7th would get it done

A player on a 1 year deal getting traded before the trade deadline almost never happens and certainly wouldn't be worth a 6th or 7th pick in the NFL. Its not the NHL, there isn't much of a rent-a-player market.

A player on a 1 year deal getting traded before the trade deadline almost never happens and certainly wouldn't be worth a 6th or 7th pick in the NFL. Its not the NHL, there isn't much of a rent-a-player market.

Why not deal a late round pick and work on an extension? Lots of teams are trying to pick up vets for late round picks with the hopes of upgrading an area of weakness (Levi brown, Bryant McKinnie, etc...)

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Why not deal a late round pick and work on an extension? Lots of teams are trying to pick up vets for late round picks with the hopes of upgrading an area of weakness (Levi brown, Bryant McKinnie, etc...)

If you think getting a 35 year old injured LT or a 39 year old injured TE for a late round pick is a good deal, I got a bridge Id like to sell you.

Don't give up a thing for an injured old TE. Wait until he is eventually cut.

If you think getting a 35 year old injured LT or a 39 year old injured TE for a late round pick is a good deal, I got a bridge Id like to sell you.

Don't give up a thing for an injured old TE. Wait until he is eventually cut.

39 or 27 whatever hyperbole you think is necessary to make your point. Would I trade a 7th round pick for a position of need for a 27 year old guy that has been productive? Of course I would!! I realize that he has been injured in the past but he will have more of an impact than a 7th round pick and he is making $1m this year. I would think that you would be talking about a contract in that range. It's a no brainer.