Matt Flynn Anyone???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amusing that the board seems to favor Pat White, who washed out of the league never having completed a pass, despite being an early round pick, over Flynn who has at least shown flashes of competence & has started games in the NFL.

Seems too many Bills fans have champagne taste on a beer budget.

Yes, and remember last year when most here had no interest whatsoever in Alex Smith after it was clear that the 49ers were parting ways with him. Many predicted he would be cut by the 49ers and that he would bring nothing in trade, even though he led the league in many passing categories when he was injured.

Being demoted to 3d string for Oakland still isn't enough evidence that this guy isn't an NFL QB?

Uncertain. I think Oakland's OL sucks horribly. I have no information on the route-running of the wide receivers or on the play design. I know he got sacked some ungodly number of times. I know Pryor has been surviving by making plays with his feet. I lack interest to watch the all-22 critically and try to figure out how much of that horrid game was Flynn and how much was OL and play design.

I would have hated us to trade for him but if we've seen the Oakland film and we want to bring him in for a try, I wouldn't hate that.

Edited by Hopeful

I get it. This is the internet in America where you're allowed to be wholly uninformed on a topic and still voice your opinion. (I'm pretty sure it's encouraged.) BUT HAVE YOU SEEN MATT FLYNN PLAY? Sorry for shouting, but this is ridiculous. I hope no one suggesting Matt Flynn actually watched him play this year. I'm not sure how it's possible, but Jeff Tuel played better against Cleveland. He was awful. Atrocious. If you took how good Peyton Manning has been and asked me to describe the exact opposite, I would say either my 3 year old nephew or Matt Flynn.

The guy will get another chance somewhere, but if it's here the FO is truly as incompetent as some of you people think.

If I knew how to meme, there'd be a very annoyed Jean Luc Picard embedded in this post. Because that's how I feel. Between this and some of the other QB suggestions, I just can't take it anymore. Bills fans are supposed to be informed, knowledgeable football fans. Please, can we step our game up?

+1

Just because Flynn failed to secure a starting QB gig doesn't mean any scrub off the street is better. I don't want Flynn as my starter but I'd take him over either of the backup QBs currently on the Bills' roster.

Any chance Trent Edwards is still available?? Maybe a 2nd chance for JP Losman?? How about Leinart? No??? Maybe Chris Sims then... AWWW come on!!!! It's panic time in Bills country... I saw the ball boy throw a really nice spiral thursday night, I'll bet he's better than Tuel....

good grief!

Good, keep the competition going. Don't let anyone get comfortable/complacent. Maybe from this we end up with a good group of QB's that are ready to play so if our QB goes down (like in Cleveland) then we have some who can step in and move the ball

Not thrilled about it, but he's the best available insurance policy it seems. :sick:

@JoeBuscaglia

League source says the #Bills will indeed sign QB Matt Flynn. Adam Schefter and Jason LaCanfora first reported it.

there's a newer thread discussing Matt Flynn...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/162701-matt-flynn-on-flight-to-buffalo-per-2-minnesota-sportswriters