Thaddeus Lewis starting against Bengals

IMO (Purely Speculation): This all falls on Hackett in my opinion. Obviously, Marrone has to address all matters related to the team to the press. But this has Hackett's responsibility written all over it. He's young, inexperienced, has no NFL experience. Marrone himself said, that his style of coaching is to let the DC manage defense and OC manage the offense. Marrone is a good guy and doesn't want to hang Hackett out to dry, but judging from the fact that he played in the NFL and has coached in the NFL, he had to have been scratching his head when Hackett pressed forward with Tuel as the backup. From the at times, frustrating playcalling, to his blunder with the QB's, I would guess that Hackett could be out of here by the end of the season. He may have potentially put Marrone in a compromising position strategically speaking.

I would be perfectly fine with that. Marrone is giving him the leeway and the knuckle head won't change. If he would adapt and change and show he is willing to learn and grow then its a different story. He may be a great OC some day But so far sticking with this impotent no huddle thing that everybody likes to blame on the players not executing is a joke. I'm pretty sure thats how Lewis gets the call....he fits the offense better than Tuel.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how much you want to bet he runs and throws for over hundred yards and the Bills Coast to victory.

Bengals don't have film on him and they struggled against Hoyer when he ran out of the pocket. You never know, from week to week. At least he has some extra practice days.

Did anyone ask themselves, "What happens if Lewis gets hurt?"

Way to go. If anything happens to Lewis, you should be banned for life for having the temerity to taunt the football Gods in such a brazen fashion. Shame on you.

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe it has happened before with Pstorini and Dickey years ago but I can not rememeber a team going into the season with it's top 2 QBs having no games under their belt and no experienced backups. I just don't get it......

Yes, the fail here was not having a reliable veteran QB ready in case something happened to EJ (meanwhile, keeping an injured kicker on the roster--that alone is bothersome, but doing it with only one backup QB???). Well, it happened, and it was quickly seen that Tuel wasn't ready.

Hopefully the lesson is learned.

Yes, the fail here was not having a reliable veteran QB ready in case something happened to EJ (meanwhile, keeping an injured kicker on the roster--that alone is bothersome, but doing it with only one backup QB???). Well, it happened, and it was quickly seen that Tuel wasn't ready.

Hopefully the lesson is learned.

No, the lesson was not learned. Tuel is still the backup, and is no more prepared (or talented) than he was last Thursday.

Moorman has a pretty good QBR does't he? Who could forget the touchdown stike to Ryan Denney...all he throws is touchdowns...again the front office has it covered...

JW: All-22 - Thaddeus Lewis: http://www.wgr550.com/pages/17478717.php?contentType=4&contentId=13945067

Thaddeus Lewis makes his second career NFL start on Sunday for the Buffalo Bills. His first came last year in the Browns season finale. While it played out as a meaningless game, it now stands as some of the only tape the Bills and Bengals have to go on, in gearing up for Sunday.

Jeremy White fires up the All-22 review to take a look.

This team went from 9 30 pm thursday from "wow, we could be really good this year " to "holy crap, we have nothing" by 11pm. Amazing, the Bills, they always find a way to absolutely kill the season. just amazing

it has to be the Football gods way of saying we will never forgive you for going to 4 straight Super Bowls and not winning one...

My passion 4 the season has gone out the window, I was seriously back into next year mode as soon as EJ went down.

It's hard being a Bills fan.

Edited by Bufcomments

true they made a mistake think Tuel was ready for it but when they found out that he wasnt they made the change to Lewis, so I give em credit for that.

Don't forget the plan all along was for Kolb to be the backup.

Injury messed that up.

Kolb would have gave us at least a chance vs the Browns after E.J. got hurt.

Who says they thought Tuel was ready?

Again, as Marrone has said, they are high on Tuel as a future/development QB guy and did not want to risk losing him after the Preseason if they had to put him on waivers to get him onto the Practice Squad so they kept him on the roster knowing they could put Lewis on the PS and bring him in to replace EJ if he had to miss anything more then the game they were playing in. They never said they thought Tuel was good enough to start in this league right now, and thats exactly their reasoning for not starting him now and putting Lewis in while bringing in Dixon to replace Lewis on the PS. Tuel at this time is going to go in and take some lumps to finish out a game if the starter goes down, hoping that he will be able to atleast hold them in a game or just get them through it.

I did. I can't understand why Dixon is on the practice squad instead of the active squad to go in for Lewis if he gets hurt. It's like they are repeating the same mistake from last week.

No, the lesson was not learned. Tuel is still the backup, and is no more prepared (or talented) than he was last Thursday.

exactly. they are repeating the same mistake they made before! Unreal. Hopefully Lewis lights it up, and stays healthy until EJ returns. The luck HAS TO go our way eventually.