Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis think Roger Goodell “had a hand” in Super

Former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said earlier this month that he believed that the blackout in the Superdome during the Ravens’s Super Bowl victory was not an accident.

A longtime teammate of Lewis’ feels the same way. During an interview with Lisa Salters for ESPN, Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs said he shared Lewis’ belief that there were people behind the scenes maneuvering to get the lights out as a way to halt the momentum that had carried the Ravens to a 28-6 in the third quarter of the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/01/terrell-suggs-thinks-roger-goodell-had-a-hand-in-super-bowl-blackout/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

one question to Lewis and Suggs is how Goodell can predict blackout will help 49ers. If Goodall wants to take a chance, why didn't he just take a chance that 49ers will play better even without blackout?

In week 2 this season against Seahawks, 49ers played like sh*t before a long lightning delay and played even worse afterward. Obviously a long delay doesn't always help them.

Edited by syhuang

Oy Vey - I hope they wear tinfoil doorags under their helmets!

Love this quote "Suggs went on to say that his suspicions about Goodell’s slant began before the playoff game against the Broncos when he saw the commissioner talking with John Elway on the Broncos sideline."

Yes, because the Commish NEVER talks to GMs...

I actually believe them. Regardless if it was the NFL or Vegas. Someone had a stake in shutting it down before it got too outrageous.

Might it have accomplished absolutely nothing? Sure. But at the saw time anyone could see that game was getting out of control and fast.

Former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said earlier this month that he believed that the blackout in the Superdome during the Ravens’s Super Bowl victory was not an accident.

A longtime teammate of Lewis’ feels the same way. During an interview with Lisa Salters for ESPN, Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs said he shared Lewis’ belief that there were people behind the scenes maneuvering to get the lights out as a way to halt the momentum that had carried the Ravens to a 28-6 in the third quarter of the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/01/terrell-suggs-thinks-roger-goodell-had-a-hand-in-super-bowl-blackout/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

These guys have been listening to a little too much Alex Jones.

I actually believe them. Regardless if it was the NFL or Vegas. Someone had a stake in shutting it down before it got too outrageous.

Might it have accomplished absolutely nothing? Sure. But at the saw time anyone could see that game was getting out of control and fast.

ive been to the superdome and have energy supplied by the same company. i believe the infrastructure is bad enough that its lucky this wasnt worse.

the power in the entire neighborhood went out in a spontaneous underground fire at one of their facilities a couple blocks from the dome like a month later.

If Goodell wanted to throw a Super Bowl he'd do it with refs, not blackouts.

How does Suggs explain the Ravens beating the NFL's favorite franchise the Patriots? Goodelll couldn't find the fuse box?

PTR

A brother versus brother Super Bowl would be better ratings than seeing the Pats* get beat again by a lucky catch.

Wasnt Goodell, was the betting mafia...

They don't have the guts to make that claim...but the mafia is no longer the mafia, either way.

The cause has been known for months now:

pmoCRr2.gif

There is a better gif... I have to find it

If Goodell wanted to throw a Super Bowl he'd do it with refs, not blackouts.

How does Suggs explain the Ravens beating the NFL's favorite franchise the Patriots? Goodelll couldn't find the fuse box?

PTR

How many refs would he have to coerce, and how simple would it be for them to go public? I don't credit any conspiracy theory about organized game fixing through the refs. Do one or two fix calls because they have a bet on the game? Maybe.

Likewise, who did Goodell employ to pull the plug? What's stopping that person or persons from coming forward?

Ridiculous.