@Browns - Thursday Night Football

bobobonators

I haven't watched a single Browns game this season - only highlights. Brian Hoyer has put up decent numbers in his first 2 starts and the team as a whole has responded to what appeared to be their FO's attempt to tank the season. They just beat the Bungals today, holding them to 6 points (though the Bengals are so hot/cold it's hard to gauge just how good they are).

Anyone who lives near Cleveland and/or follows the Browns have any solid insight?

Hopefully this game will be much easier on the eyes than the prime time showing the Bills and the Browns had a few years back..lol.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns have won their last two. I thought after trading Richardson they had given up already. Turns out they are re-invented and pretty good. With all the injuries for the Bills, it suddenly seems like it will be hard to win in the NFL this Thursday.

Edited by Gray Beard

Browns have won their last two. I thought after trading Richardson they had given up already. Turns out they are re-invented and pretty good. With all the injuries for the Bills, it suddenly seems like it will be hard to win in the NFL this Thursday.

Agreed. This is by no means a gimme. Big test for EJ, prime time on the road.

The Browns are named after poop. For this reason alone, I billieve buffalo could play like crap and still leave the Factory of Sadness with a W

Ya, what looked to be a pretty "winnable" game before the season started now appears to be a pretty tough road game. Then again, I also thought we had no chance of beating the Ravens today, so maybe I'm still underestimating our Bills. Can't wait for Thursday night!

I'll be interested in seeing Joe Haden go against Stevie. He pretty much shadowed AJ Green today and shut him down. The guy is a hell of a player.

Completely agree. I expect Woods to have a decent game against their other corner, Skrine.

My Dads and Grandfather are huge browns fans. So I know a bit more about them than the average fan. Ej is gonna struggle against their defense, I'm sure of that. Josh Haden is a real shutdown corner and in my opinion isn't very far from being in Revis/Sherman territory. They have a run defense that is solid but I'm confident we will be able to run on them. Hoyer is a complete question mark to me, I watched his game vs the Vikings and didn't know how I felt about him. Their offense is almost completely devoid of weapons other than Josh Gordon and Cameron. But both of them are studs, if they are shopping Gordon like has been reported (and yes I know WR really isn't a position we need to worry about upgrading at the moment) than we should make an offer. He's electric with the ball in his hands and with some good coaching I could see him as a top WR in this league.

They're a lot like the Bills in that they have enough good players to be a good team if their QB is good. And like the Bills it's too early to say if the QB will be good or not.

'Devoid of weapons other than Gordon & Cameron'....I mean, that's enough if your QB is good. Most teams don't have a triplet of receiving threats like Atlanta & Denver have.

I don't know what the Colts would've done without Richardson's 20 for 60 vs the mighty Jags.

I haven't watched a single Browns game this season - only highlights. Brian Hoyer has put up decent numbers in his first 2 starts and the team as a whole has responded to what appeared to be their FO's attempt to tank the season. They just beat the Bungals today, holding them to 6 points (though the Bengals are so hot/cold it's hard to gauge just how good they are).

looks like they are pulling a 'Major League' on them.

Ya, what looked to be a pretty "winnable" game before the season started now appears to be a pretty tough road game. Then again, I also thought we had no chance of beating the Ravens today, so maybe I'm still underestimating our Bills. Can't wait for Thursday night!

Completely agree. I expect Woods to have a decent game against their other corner, Skrine.

The Browns have always played tough against the Bills and I think have a 3-1 record (or something like that in the last four games)...We lost that Snow bowl in Cleveland, the Tre(INT) game where he kept giving the ball to them (including the muffing of punt)...